Proposal: 1 for 1 for Schwartz?

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
It makes zero sense to trade a really good player at his all time low, he has been god awful this year and we would get far less for him then any other time. That being said he needs to wake the F**K up already. He is not skilled enough to not work hard 100% of the time, really good player but he always been able to out work players to make plays, he seems uninterested this year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It makes zero sense to trade a really good player at his all time low, he has been god awful this year and we would get far less for him then any other time. That being said he needs to wake the F**K up already. He is not skilled enough to not work hard 100% of the time, really good player but he always been able to out work players to make plays, he seems uninterested this year.

It's not that he's not working. His general play is still good, he just isn't scoring goals.

Reactions: TK 421

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
Not to stick up for anyone on this team, cuz everyone is playing horribly this year, but it should be noted that his point production rate this year is actually higher than tarasenkos if you take into account games played. Hes also 3rd on the team in assists. Tarasenko probably wouldnt be moved but it would be smarter on STL no matter how you cut it to deal him rather than Schwartz. He even comes with the fancy name that's more appealing. Its sorta like either getting an iPhone or an android. Schwartz being the android. People will pay more just cuz it's an iPhone. Same can be said for tarasenko as opposed to Schwartz. Sounds crazy but you know it's true.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Strickly hockey trade.

1 for 1.

One struggling top 6 F for another one.

Who would you give for Jaden Schwartz?

There's really no reason to trade him. One slow season versus the rest of his years? Nearly PPG last year? Can he play RW?

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
He has 6 assists in his past 9 games; granted he's not potting any goals, but that's still pretty good for a struggling talented winger.

Tank should probably be moved before Jaden if Army still has any semblance of rational thought in his head.

(I question him because Jake is still around as their "#1" goalie.)

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
He has 6 assists in his past 9 games; granted he's not potting any goals, but that's still pretty good for a struggling talented winger.

Tank should probably be moved before Jaden if Army still has any semblance of rational thought in his head.

(I question him because Jake is still around as their "#1" goalie.)

Valid.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers offer RNH. Need a winger in the worst way

The f*** we do haha. He’s on pace for 77 points, plays in every conceivable situation, wears an A for us and primarily plays C. He’s worth more than Schwartz, particularly with this year’s results.

Last edited:

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
These kinds of players are tricky to come up with trades for.

Blues fans still value him as though he's a high end player in rut, but the rest of the league just sees an injury prone player who is really struggling.

He's much better than he's shown this year, but Blue fans probably aren't going to like what other teams are willing to give up for him. Best to keep him and hope he rebounds.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I disagree 100%, maybe I was a little harsh saying he was not trying hard enough, but he has been bad, Tarasanko and Scheen both have struggled and shown flashes of great play, I just have not seen it as often with Schwartz IMO.

Schwartz team rank in stats/60 (5v5): 2nd in Points, 3rd in scoring chances, 3rd in high danger scoring chances, 2nd in individual Corsi events, 1st in primary assists, 1st in total assists, 2nd in takeaways.

Why people erroneously think he isn't playing hard? 22nd on the team in shooting percentage 5v5, worse than everyone on the team but guys with no goals and Edmundosn a defensive D.

His 2.7% 5v5 shooting percentage is 1/4 his career average (around 11%). A lot of that is on him, but he is also snake-bitten and unlucky. He is still doing an incredible job producing in other ways given that atrocious shooting percentage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Blues have no interest in trading him, and shouldn't. We don't need lesser players, and we don't need centers. Schwartz will be fine, it's just a down year for everyone. Schwartz thrives in structure, and we have had none while he has been healthy this year, so it's no surprise he's doing poorly.

Next year he'll back where he belongs, as a true 1LW that can play in all situations.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Schwartz team rank in stats/60 (5v5): 2nd in Points, 3rd in scoring chances, 3rd in high danger scoring chances, 2nd in individual Corsi events, 1st in primary assists, 1st in total assists, 2nd in takeaways.

Why people erroneously think he isn't playing hard? 22nd on the team in shooting percentage 5v5, worse than everyone on the team but guys with no goals and Edmundosn a defensive D.

His 2.7% 5v5 shooting percentage is 1/4 his career average (around 11%). A lot of that is on him, but he is also snake-bitten and unlucky. He is still doing an incredible job producing in other ways given that atrocious shooting percentage.

A lot of it is due to the fact that he’s just flipping shots into the goalies chest a lot. Or crossing the blue line and winding up for a slap shot from 5 feet inside the line.

He’s taken maybe 3 good shots in his last 5 games.

He will always be extremely valuable regardless due to his two way play.

Reactions: HockeyHooligans

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
A lot of it is due to the fact that he’s just flipping shots into the goalies chest a lot. Or crossing the blue line and winding up for a slap shot from 5 feet inside the line.

He’s taken maybe 3 good shots in his last 5 games.

He will always be extremely valuable regardless due to his two way play.

This is the kind of year it's been for Jaden:

I would love him on the Leafs... people undervaluing him need to give their heads a shake.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Schwartz team rank in stats/60 (5v5): 2nd in Points, 3rd in scoring chances, 3rd in high danger scoring chances, 2nd in individual Corsi events, 1st in primary assists, 1st in total assists, 2nd in.
This is by far the funniest post I have read in a while. The randomness of that selection of made up stats is what makes this site qnd its fans fantastic. My player is 3rd in short handed attempts in the 2nd period in home games, 5th in spelling difficulty of names spelled on the team that are not russian, 2nd in line on the phone with the cable company to get their
WiFi back on after unplugging it and plugging it back in didnt work and his dads 2nd favorite son and he jist saved $500 by switching to geico.

Anyways I confused Bjorkstrand was turned down. If given a top 6 role with someone like ROR or Schenn he can produce. He is just on a team that is very physical and finess doesnt work well in a checking role. He is stuck behind Cam and Panarin on the top line amd behind Anderson and Foligno/Jenner on the 2nd line which is probably the most physical yet skilled like in the nhl. Bjorkstrand getting 2nd line minutes with a player the skill of a ROR is a 25-30g guy with 20-25a.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This is by far the funniest post I have read in a while. The randomness of that selection of made up stats is what makes this site qnd its fans fantastic. My player is 3rd in short handed attempts in the 2nd period in home games, 5th in spelling difficulty of names spelled on the team that are not russian, 2nd in line on the phone with the cable company to get their
WiFi back on after unplugging it and plugging it back in didnt work and his dads 2nd favorite son and he jist saved $500 by switching to geico.

Anyways I confused Bjorkstrand was turned down. If given a top 6 role with someone like ROR or Schenn he can produce. He is just on a team that is very physical and finess doesnt work well in a checking role. He is stuck behind Cam and Panarin on the top line amd behind Anderson and Foligno/Jenner on the 2nd line which is probably the most physical yet skilled like in the nhl. Bjorkstrand getting 2nd line minutes with a player the skill of a ROR is a 25-30g guy with 20-25a.
Made up stats? Those stats are just showing that he is producing assists at the 2nd highest rate in his career, he's a high quality possession player, and he getting into dangerous areas, he just isn't finding the back of the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad