Post-Game Talk: #1: FLYERS 4 vs. Blackhawks 3, Friday, Oct. 4, 2019, 2:00 pm ET [at Prague, Czech Republic]

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Jonesy said JVR had a strong game, what did I miss?

Pretty sure TK gonna score 164 goals this year.

jvr was solid, wasn't bad. Flyers definitely look a lot fast and bigger with hayes down the middle. The hayes line definitely needs more time together but I think they will be solid. Couts line was just flat out dominant and amazing. TK was everywhere, definitely the best game I have ever seen him play. I think provorov-niskanen, sanheim-braun needs to be a pair. Someone more stable and more used to the top minutes to be with provy although it could maybe work?

Not sure how I like hayes on the top pp instead of couts but the 2nd pp looks a lot better with the couts line out there. Hart is solid, can't wait to see this team gel together. Would also like twarynski on the 4th line, patrick hurry tf up please

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
I thought Hart was pretty damn good. Not much he could do on any of the goals and made some huge saves.

Idk they were difficult but he had a chance on all of em. Would've liked him to get at least one of them. No soft goals at least which is rare for us.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Good win, saw some great structural things . However i still have issues with the top 6 lines.

Having our two best playmakers , who struggle with shooting btw, with our worst shooting top 6 center seems like a pretty bad decision.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Sean Couturier owns Jonathan Toews' soul.
giphy.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Winning is obviously great and most of the top players looked great individually, but the excitement is somewhat dampened by the completely unnecessary (and expected) negatives that we saw along with it.

It's like your car gets stolen and the cops find it for you, but it turns out there was a homeless orgy in it (called a Soup Kitchen) led by a guy named Dirty Mike. You're glad you got your car back, but it's just a f***ing mess and it's hard to be too excited when you think of all the problems you're going to need to deal with.

We won on the backs of our players individual performances, but the lines and pairs were far from optimal, as expected. It didn't cost us today but it will. I hope AV isn't like Hakstol where he refuses to improve the roster after wins, because win or not, they're far from ideal.

On the bright side, he got his head out of his ass and fixed some of the icetimes after that ridiculous 1st period and he didn't bench the top guys to end the game. Unfortunately the idiot still wasted Ghost on the 3rd pair, as expected.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Good win, saw some great structural things . However i still have issues with the top 6 lines.

Having our two best playmakers , who struggle with shooting btw, with our worst shooting top 6 center seems like a pretty bad decision.
JVR would be a great fit on that line, but then you have either Giroux or Voracek on the 3rd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad