Post-Game Talk: #1: FLYERS 4 vs. Blackhawks 3, Friday, Oct. 4, 2019, 2:00 pm ET [at Prague, Czech Republic]

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
They haven’t put him on LTIR. Not sure if that’s a tell or not. If they did he wouldn’t be able to be activated until 10 NHL games & 24 calendar days go by.

Shows they're at least hopeful it could be short term. I think I read he's getting checked out again when they get back from Europe, so might still see him go on LTIR if it's bad news.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations! We don't suck!

Yay!

Winning is obviously great and most of the top players looked great individually, but the excitement is somewhat dampened by the completely unnecessary (and expected) negatives that we saw along with it.

It's like your car gets stolen and the cops find it for you, but it turns out there was a homeless orgy in it (called a Soup Kitchen) led by a guy named Dirty Mike. You're glad you got your car back, but it's just a f***ing mess and it's hard to be too excited when you think of all the problems you're going to need to deal with.

We won on the backs of our players individual performances, but the lines and pairs were far from optimal, as expected. It didn't cost us today but it will. I hope AV isn't like Hakstol where he refuses to improve the roster after wins, because win or not, they're far from ideal.

On the bright side, he got his head out of his ass and fixed some of the icetimes after that ridiculous 1st period and he didn't bench the top guys to end the game. Unfortunately the idiot still wasted Ghost on the 3rd pair, as expected.

We won. Relax. Or at least don’t not relax on here.

Hayes does not play like a Flyer.

That is a good thing.

I thought the same. He stuck out. He actually makes moves and beats guys successfully 1 v 1. I like his locker room presence from what I’ve seen as well. A very good pickup and a great #1b to Couts so far. Patrick could really have some space to play if he can get back soon.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Provorov needs to remove his head from his ass. That 1st Chicago goal was entirely his fault.

And Crawford was horrible. If he doesn't shit the bed they lose that game 3 - 1.

Reactions: AnimalFear

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
AV really does distribute his icetime evenly, huh? Just a first game, but no forward played 20 minutes and 5 out of 6 defensemen played over 18.

Dude just rolls lines. Easier to do when you have the lead for more than half of the game, though.

The bottom 6 wasn't horrible, but it's very clearly a mess, personnel-wise. Kinda kills any hope you may have of a productive JVR at even strength. I don't doubt that those guys can forecheck and even sustain a little pressure, but they ain't score many goals for you. Hopefully Patrick gets his health under control, or Frost busts the door down. Need a skilled pivot in there.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
Here is my short comment about attending the game.

Was great to have made the trip from my country. Game was entertaining. Nervous start with the Flyers dumping too much. Too many icings overall. Provorov being the worst Flyer. What is wrong with the guy?

But from dropping the puck in the second period it all changed. Obviously Coutourier‘s line dominated. I had no issues with the defensive pairings actually. Hägg was carried e.g. and it paid off.

Crowd was not as loud as you would expect. Blackhawks were really really bad. Only Kane stood out.

PF

Aug 23, 2003
UK
Visit site
Me too! They were in my sector. Haha.

Haha I saw an Oduya as well, thought that was weird. I was in 117.

It seemed like the flyers made harder work of it than they needed to at times, the second and third hawks goals felt avoidable but overall thought they played decent. I’m glad they won and gave me some things to cheer about, I had a really good time. Now I’m planning to enjoy a couple of days in Prague.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Haha I saw an Oduya as well, thought that was weird. I was in 117.

It seemed like the flyers made harder work of it than they needed to at times, the second and third hawks goals felt avoidable but overall thought they played decent. I’m glad they won and gave me some things to cheer about, I had a really good time. Now I’m planning to enjoy a couple of days in Prague.
I was in 118. Oduya and Linqvists about 6 row before me, meh.

And Mike Richards before me right.

Wow... Im still superexcited about yesterday's game! Woooooo!

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Does anyone know why Morin dressed last night?

He did the full warmup in full gear then didn't play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad