Post-Game Talk: #1: FLYERS 4 vs. Blackhawks 3, Friday, Oct. 4, 2019, 2:00 pm ET [at Prague, Czech Republic]

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
TK needs to be average on defense, and not a liability.
For him, it's a matter of focus and discipline, not effort.
I'm sure AV will ride him hard, the way he rode Hayes when he came up as a 22 hot shot rookie who had a huge senior year in college.
You’re inventing a problem that isn’t there, esp if he’s playing with defensive studs like Coots and Oskar. Konecny is far more valuable to the team doing just what he’s doing: competing like a warrior, skating top speed, spreading out the D, creating chances and driving the oppo crazy. Oh and scoring too, if that’s still important.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You’re inventing a problem that isn’t there, esp if he’s playing with defensive studs like Coots and Oskar. Konecny is far more valuable to the team doing just what he’s doing: competing like a warrior, skating top speed, spreading out the D, creating chances and driving the oppo crazy. Oh and scoring too, if that’s still important.

There's nothing in doing those things that prevents him from being responsibly defensively.
It's just a matter of focus, knowing where you are on the ice, don't be sloppy with the puck, skating as hard getting back as you did on the attack.

In fact, TK being smarter defensively will create more opportunities for him, just look at the breakaways Hayes gets off his defense.
Get back on defense, strip the puck and you're off to the races.

Now I don't expect him to make his living in dirty areas like Lindblom, it's just a matter of maturing as a player and wanting to play a 200 foot game - and playing for AV he will learn to do that.

Reactions: flyersfan187

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

But he doesn’t have enough takeaways

Reactions: Larry44

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
TK yesterday:

- a shooting percentage of 66.67%;

- even strength CF% of 62.07;

- 4 high danger chances for and only 1 against at even strength;

- no giveaways and 2 takeaways;

- first star of the game;

- and all that with no offensive zone shift starts (5 in the D-zone).

Worked for me. :)

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It’s starting to look like the Flyers franchise defenseman might be Sanheim not Provorov. IP needs to start showing that he’s a capable top four defenseman before he gets on to being a top pair guy. This isn’t his first year in the league and he can’t use injuries as an excuse. He needs to settle down. He’s looking to push the game in ways and times that he can’t do that. Let the game come to him.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
It’s starting to look like the Flyers franchise defenseman might be Sanheim not Provorov. IP needs to start showing that he’s a capable top four defenseman before he gets on to being a top pair guy. This isn’t his first year in the league and he can’t use injuries as an excuse. He needs to settle down. He’s looking to push the game in ways and times that he can’t do that. Let the game come to him.
Provy looks terrible. Good start tio the season for everyone but provy,g,v

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
TK yesterday:

- a shooting percentage of 66.67%;

- even strength CF% of 62.07;

- 4 high danger chances for and only 1 against at even strength;

- no giveaways and 2 takeaways;

- first star of the game;

- and all that with no offensive zone shift starts (5 in the D-zone).

Worked for me. :)
I thought he was phenomenal in all 3 zones yesterday.

Reactions: Foggy14

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It annoys me. Weirdly. I'll just be doing something else and start in.. 'why must.. this schedule.. wat..'

Seems like something they need to complain about. Unsure how that works.

Yeah I dont understand why the org doesnt push back on it.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
On paper it looks like a difficult schedule. Because the Metro is going to be a gauntlet this year. There are no easy games in that division.
Wouldn’t all the western Canada teams have tougher schedules due to the travel?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
On paper it looks like a difficult schedule. Because the Metro is going to be a gauntlet this year. There are no easy games in that division.
Wouldn’t all the western Canada teams have tougher schedules due to the travel?

I believe Cgy and Edmonton have the most 'miles' traveled, yes, but that should get much better with the addition of seattle, who will presumably join the Pacific (though im unsure who they plan to kick to the central in this case - the knights are geographically the closest, i believe). I think as far as divisions go though, the Central spends more time traveling as a whole, though it's been a while since I looked last.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I guess that might offset having the most back to backs and three in fours. I dunno.

I mean they’re right in between the three New York area teams & Washington. They’re train trips. Even Pittsburgh, Columbus, Carolina, Boston, Buffalo, Toronto, Florida, Tampa Bay, etc. aren’t long plane trips.

They’re in a pretty good geographical location.

They also request to start out the season playing a lot of the west coast games to get them out of the way I believe. So I doubt they really view it as getting the short end of the stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad