Post-Game Talk: #1 | Devils at FLYERS | Thursday, Oct. 13, 2022 | 7:00 pm ET | Win 5-2

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I may be in the minority but I don’t think it all looked like last season. They still have a lot to work on, but I was entertained for stretches last night. Hart gave up a bad one early and the 2nd one was weird but it was a good shot.
It was good to see Hart make the big saves when he needed to.

They lost the 5on5 Corsi battle 64-28.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Check Deslauriers' TOI. That tells you all you need to know, since he was effectively the 10th forward, Hodgson 11th and Tippett MIA after the 1st period.

TonyDeAngelo

Aug 31, 2019
South Jersey
After being labeled a bot account, and people accusing me of being on the flyers payroll for loving the trade for Tony DeAngelo and defending Chuck for not going after Johnny Hockey, I also expressed the contract of JVR was good. It could have been Wayne Train with that contract. And you know what? Tony and JVR have scored more points than Johnny this season. Also, we have two points, and Columbus has none. Let that sink in, and Carter Hart was unbelievable playing with a competent defensive core. I know it's just one game, but the guys needed to show up! Travis Konecny and Ivan Provorov played so skillfully in this win that they are raising their game. Kevin Hayes looks very healthy, and Hayes seems to be rolling to another level with his game as well. His line was the best all pre-season and was brilliant last night. This team has bought into John Tortorella's system and played to the best of their abilities. Nicolas Deslauriers was worth every cent he showed that last night!

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
After being labeled a bot account, and people accusing me of being on the flyers payroll for loving the trade for Tony DeAngelo and defending Chuck for not going after Johnny Hockey, I also expressed the contract of JVR was good. It could have been Wayne Train with that contract. And you know what? Tony and JVR have scored more points than Johnny this season. Also, we have two points, and Columbus has none. Let that sink in, and Carter Hart was unbelievable playing with a competent defensive core. I know it's just one game, but the guys needed to show up! Travis Konecny and Ivan Provorov played so skillfully in this win that they are raising their game. Kevin Hayes looks very healthy, and Hayes seems to be rolling to another level with his game as well. His line was the best all pre-season and was brilliant last night. This team has bought into John Tortorella's system and played to the best of their abilities. Nicolas Deslauriers was worth every cent he showed that last night!
Imagine if flyers ever get to 40% cf how the fans will react.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Konecny had a strong game. The bits I watched he was shooting from everywhere. I’m not one of those fans that yells “shoooooot” every time we have the puck but I will say Konecny has a good shot and he needs to use it more.
There was a a lot of bleh night but Flyers happened to win. TK was the one player you didn't go bleh. Yeah he had one bad turnover. It happens especially game one. But TK had jump. And looked competent on pp which hasn't happened since beginning of 2 seasons ago.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's such a Flyers move to not overly prioritize Zamula as a PP player in the minors.......only to insert him on the PP in the NHL, over Sanheim, despite barely making the team. I'll never understand it -- the day of his 8 year contract yet. Hockey is so based around HockeyGuys™ telling other HockeyGuys™ what players are, with their usage, I'm convinced Flyers management just carried on the tradition.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

8o0.gif

I do admit I miss the halcyon days of yore when Bellemare and VandeVelde got caved for the final 2 minutes 5v6 without scoring an empty netter.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I wasn't in the game thread during the game as it was happening as I said screw driving in traffic and hit a brewery until that nonsense passed. So I look here and see someone who loves trashing Hayes praise TK. I saw the replay of that goal and said Holy shit what a pass TK got a gimme. Hence my post.

And listening to TK post game he sounded like he didn't think he played well
We did trash Hayes for skating slower than a sloth though, I've never seen a player skate that slow ever

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You're saying it's a bad signing?
When did I ever say it was a good signing?

But I don't see it as a big deal, he can be buried for $500K once someone beats him out (or you eat about that much and trade him - there's some team that'll take him at a discount).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad