GDT: 1/9/16 - 10:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Vancouver

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
Definitely worried about Johnson now. He's looked downright timid at some points, and that's just not like him. I don't know if he's that afraid of re-injuring himself or if there's some other problem causing his lack of confidence, but it's very evident. I still think it's a temporary situation and that he will eventually get himself back on track, but it's taking longer than I thought it would. When he does, though, he may well be the difference for us whether we make the playoffs or not.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
This is a good post. The team is controlling the puck more and getting more solid, scoring opportunties. The goals will come with this kind of effort.

On Stamkos, he did look good last night. He was active, created chances, won battles, got chances. This is the kind of effort we need o see from him night in and night out.

It's also nice to see him playing with top skilled forwards like Palat and Names.

If we keep Stammer with Names and Palat, I really don't see us having very many issues with him anymore and we'll also see lots more goals / beautiful plays. He can rely on drej for d and names for the plays, he just has to shoot the puck.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Is it dumb to name my first child after Kucherov?

The day I found out my wife was pregnant we were going to a lightning game and I told her whoever scores first we are naming our child after them. My wife said it was going to be Kucherov and it was.

She's been a huge Kucherov fan ever since and even though it's going to be a girl she insists on naming her Nikita.

Kucherov is such a great player, hope he is on our team forever.

you're kinda burying the lede here that your wife is pregnant. Congrats, dude!

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Definitely worried about Johnson now. He's looked downright timid at some points, and that's just not like him. I don't know if he's that afraid of re-injuring himself or if there's some other problem causing his lack of confidence, but it's very evident. I still think it's a temporary situation and that he will eventually get himself back on track, but it's taking longer than I thought it would. When he does, though, he may well be the difference for us whether we make the playoffs or not.

Boy, this all sounds familiar.....

#91..........

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
Please waive Condra. Bring Drouin up this week.

Hear, hear.. Wouldn't mind that at all. Condra has been a disappointment throughout the whole season so far. His supposed smartness doesn't really show. As a pure PK guy he is redundant on this team IMO (there are already good PK options). He has to contribute 5on5 as well.

Horvat certainly stood out. More impressive than the goal was the play where Stralman put him into the boards hard and he still came out with the puck. Kid's a stud.

Agreed. Horvat looked like the real deal out there.

Is it dumb to name my first child after Kucherov?

The day I found out my wife was pregnant we were going to a lightning game and I told her whoever scores first we are naming our child after them. My wife said it was going to be Kucherov and it was.

She's been a huge Kucherov fan ever since and even though it's going to be a girl she insists on naming her Nikita.

Kucherov is such a great player, hope he is on our team forever.

Great name. Congrats man!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad