GDT: 1/6/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Coop on the kids tonight:

"It's tough. You always want to win the games when the new kids get to play, but they were great. They're young kids playing their first nhl games and you want to make sure they're confident in the game, and they were, they made confident plays. Good for them because those are kids you eventually want to see in our lineup on a regular basis. They've got to get their feet wet at some point. Tough building to get them wet in, but they played great. If you can play great in Boston, they probably have a good future in front of them."

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I remember Pens fans saying the same crap. LOL.

Bill Belichick is about to be fired.

It happens to everyone.

Do you think Cooper is going to retire with the Lightning?

SMDH. What's your "bar" for Cooper or JBB to finally be let go? How low do they have to go?

And maybe JBB should be forced to wear this crown of thorns.

But 2 cups. So now let's watch Rome burn, eh?
I'm not saying this isn't the direction it takes for it to happen or that they aren't to blame, but on a spectrum, this is too early. Way too early. We are like two more of these seasons away from it happening.

They'd have a better future ahead of them if CDH and Perbix weren't in their way.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I'm not saying this isn't the direction it takes for it to happen or that they aren't to blame, but on a spectrum, this is too early. Way too early. We are like two more of these seasons away from it happening.
Totally disagree... if we hadn't mortgaged everything already. There's no help coming.

There's no one in the minors. No draft picks to trade for anyone. Seriously, what's going to change? Anybody you trade isn't going to bring enough help back unless you have multiple Droiun trades happen miraculously and simultaneously. JBB gave out ridiculous contracts to everyone. Anchors.

Kuch is having a near career year and we suck. You're in massive denial.

SO, in your HUMBLE opinion... We have to suck for 3 years before any changes are made? Good luck with that buddy.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I'll leave it with this...in your heart of hearts...do you honestly think we are only a few games out of the playoffs?

Really? Not on paper...but in your heart. Truly?

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Totally disagree... if we hadn't mortgaged everything already. There's no help coming.

There's no one in the minors. No draft picks to trade for anyone. Seriously, what's going to change? Anybody you trade isn't going to bring enough help back unless you have multiple Droiun trades happen miraculously and simultaneously.

Kuch is having a near career year and we suck. You're in massive denial.

SO, in your HUMBLE opinion... We have to suck for 3 years before any changes are made? Good luck with that buddy.
Our defense is not the defense we started with for one thing. Two massive injuries have cramped those plans. That's not on JBB or Cooper, the two guys you are blaming.

The forward group is where we need help. Motte, Jeannot, and Glendening is a serviceable 4th line. We have multiple players capable of 3rd line roles and minutes. The issue is lacking a second line. I don't know how you pin the blame all on JBB and Cooper to the point where firing them is the right action when it's also on the players to live up to those contracts. You can't just have a carousel of high end players because 1 for 1s aren't typical trades and they rarely work out. So moving Stamkos, Cirelli, or any high end contract for "help now" doesn't really help. You either accept we are contenders or we are not. I believe we are at a midpoint with that and JBB is deciding which way to go. Given he hasn't resigned Stamkos is good evidence of that. Given he's auditioning different defenseman is another good indicator.

I'm not too keen on knee jerk reactions from posters criticizing a player 8 years from now on the last year of an 8 year deal like you did with Hagel. "LOL, BUDDY."

Step away from the computer, count to 32 and ask yourself how grateful we've been to be 1 out of those 32 fan bases to see two cups recently. Yes, we that's part of mortgaging the future. If we stood pat, we would've criticized JBB for being like Yzerman and moaned "oh our GM never does anything!" but he did and we got TWO cups and nearly a third in as many years. I'll stick with his assessment over yours after one week in January. God.

I'll leave it with this...in your heart of hearts...do you honestly think we are only a few games out of the playoffs?

Not that your previous post left me with anything insightful either but no. We aren't. Even if we do make it in, we are a very one dimensional team looking to Kucherov for all our answers. I don't believe we flip the switch that fast with this personnel. But that's not your original point so thats a total strawman. Your solution is for Vinik to wake up and fire JBB and Cooper because we are a fringe team in January, before the all star break.

Chalk this one up with your Hagel assessment for worst take of the year. And yes, truly in my heart I feel your opinion was bad and ungrounded.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Our defense is not the defense we started with for one thing. Two massive injuries have cramped those plans. That's not on JBB or Cooper, the two guys you are blaming.

The forward group is where we need help. Motte, Jeannot, and Glendening is a serviceable 4th line. We have multiple players capable of 3rd line roles and minutes. The issue is lacking a second line. I don't know how you pin the blame all on JBB and Cooper to the point where firing them is the right action when it's also on the players to live up to those contracts. You can't just have a carousel of high end players because 1 for 1s aren't typical trades and they rarely work out. So moving Stamkos, Cirelli, or any high end contract for "help now" doesn't really help. You either accept we are contenders or we are not. I believe we are at a midpoint with that and JBB is deciding which way to go. Given he hasn't resigned Stamkos is good evidence of that. Given he's auditioning different defenseman is another good indicator.

I'm not too keen on knee jerk reactions from posters criticizing a player 8 years from now on the last year of an 8 year deal like you did with Hagel. "LOL, BUDDY."

Step away from the computer, count to 32 and ask yourself how grateful we've been to be 1 out of those 32 fan bases to see two cups recently. Yes, we that's part of mortgaging the future. If we stood pat, we would've criticized JBB for being like Yzerman and moaned "oh our GM never does anything!" but he did and we got TWO cups and nearly a third in as many years. I'll stick with his assessment over yours after one week in January. God.

Not that your previous post left me with anything insightful either but no. We aren't. Even if we do make it in, we are a very one dimensional team looking to Kucherov for all our answers. I don't believe we flip the switch that fast with this personnel. But that's not your original point so thats a total strawman. Your solution is for Vinik to wake up and fire JBB and Cooper because we are a fringe team in January, before the all star break.

Chalk this one up with your Hagel assessment for worst take of the year. And yes, truly in my heart I feel your opinion was bad and ungrounded.
We are lucky doe b2b cups. The biggest issue in the team is we are paying Cirelli top6 money for bottom 6 production and mediocre shut down and vasi not pulling their weight. Glenndening is Cirelli but cost 6 times less. If we paid a top 2defenseman instead of celly and vasi we would be better off. Johansson and Vasi are not that different statistically those year. Celly and Vasi are tying up like 15 million and don't move the win meter on a nightly basis. If we want to keep Stammer we need to move celly and sign a top4 defenseman.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
As always when you suggest a coach firing you have to look at what's out there and also how much could a coach really fix here. Is a new coach gonna make guys like Raddysh or Sheary play better or something? I dunno man... That said the seat is starting to warm up if only a little bit. If they miss the playoffs this year and look equally crap to start next season then it'll be hot. I would like to see them take things more seriously and press the reset button on their "system" though

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Any moves by JBB at this point are only rearranging deckchairs on the titanic.

JBB and Cooper should be let go at the end of the year.

Cooper has already lasted longer than even the best of the best.

If JBB won't fire him...then Vinik needs to fire everyone.

We are long past the expiration date on this gallon of milk.
Vinik got two cups JBB and cooper probably have two more years left at least to turn the ship around Before there fired

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

If we accept that in our heart of hearts, does that mean our lord and savior Nikita Kucherov died for our sins and we will be resurrected as Stanley Cup champions?

All kidding aside, this team reminds me a lot of the 16-17 team that played medicore the entire year and missed the playoffs, after accumulating tons of injury excuses.

I think what everyone needs to realize is that this team hasn't been built to transition to a traditional rebuild, we will continue over the next 5 years or so being a playoff caliber team until the wheels fall off.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

Utter complete and total denial. Your condescension is noted as well. LOL

You whine about strawman and turn around and make ridiculous claims about us moaning (hypothetically)JBB didn't do enough(but he actually did)? WTF is that babble about? SMDH.

You're all over the place. You're worse than Dan Herrejon. Just an excuse maker. You have an answer for everything. Cooper and JBB are untouchable in your eyes. You've said so in many different ways.

We have to miss the playoffs for 3 seasons before you'd make a move.

Midpoint? If I had the time to waste...I could show you some graphs...in color so you'd understand how steep the decline CURRENTLY is and a pretty decent forecast on the acceleration.

You think JBB has all-stars growing in his backyard on his hockey tree? He went to his well over and over and it is dry as a bone.

And for the record...I have so many memories...trips...tears...cheers...from those cup runs going back to 2015(side note - been going to games since day 1 - not some new bandwagon fan). I remember VIVIDLY heckling Melrose and Milbury on set game 1 vs CHI from our seats because they were so down on us. Jonesy was the only one who gave us any respect back then.

So many great memories. My better half and I's very first date was a hockey game. We were STM for years before my dad got so ill and it killed us to give them up. He passed but he got to see them hoist those cups. I'm helping my mom clean out their house so she can move closer to us in s tampa. While going through some old boxes, we found both newspapers after we won. He saved them for me but never got a chance to give them to me. They are now hanging framed in my office with a ton of other memorabilia.

You see my posts unhappy with the direction of the team or should I say the state of the future of the team...and put me on blast. Admittedly, I'm wrong all the time. I was wrong about firing cooper after the CBus disaster. Back then, JBB did his magic. He still had hats with rabbits in them back then.

I'm sure you're right...he and coop will get 3 years of circling the drain before attendance starts to drop because the team is so bad that Vinik's hand will be forced.

I wouldn't trade any of the good times for anything.

You could see the cracks forming last year. So, your claim that this is knee jerk isn't quite accurate. At the end of the season, a hard assessment of the team is needed. We'll see. But I do not think it is crazy or knee jerk to say the window has closed on this version of the Bolts. Whether you accept that truth or not is up to you.

Hoping for a miracle but definitely not counting on one.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Utter complete and total denial. Your condescension is noted as well. LOL

You whine about strawman and turn around and make ridiculous claims about us moaning (hypothetically)JBB didn't do enough(but he actually did)? WTF is that babble about? SMDH.

You're all over the place. You're worse than Dan Herrejon. Just an excuse maker. You have an answer for everything. Cooper and JBB are untouchable in your eyes. You've said so in many different ways.

We have to miss the playoffs for 3 seasons before you'd make a move.

Midpoint? If I had the time to waste...I could show you some graphs...in color so you'd understand how steep the decline CURRENTLY is and a pretty decent forecast on the acceleration.

You think JBB has all-stars growing in his backyard on his hockey tree? He went to his well over and over and it is dry as a bone.

And for the record...I have so many memories...trips...tears...cheers...from those cup runs going back to 2015(side note - been going to games since day 1 - not some new bandwagon fan). I remember VIVIDLY heckling Melrose and Milbury on set game 1 vs CHI from our seats because they were so down on us. Jonesy was the only one who gave us any respect back then.

So many great memories. My better half and I's very first date was a hockey game. We were STM for years before my dad got so ill and it killed us to give them up. He passed but he got to see them hoist those cups. I'm helping my mom clean out their house so she can move closer to us in s tampa. While going through some old boxes, we found both newspapers after we won. He saved them for me but never got a chance to give them to me. They are now hanging framed in my office with a ton of other memorabilia.

You see my posts unhappy with the direction of the team or should I say the state of the future of the team...and put me on blast. Admittedly, I'm wrong all the time. I was wrong about firing cooper after the CBus disaster. Back then, JBB did his magic. He still had hats with rabbits in them back then.

I'm sure you're right...he and coop will get 3 years of circling the drain before attendance starts to drop because the team is so bad that Vinik's hand will be forced.

I wouldn't trade any of the good times for anything.

You could see the cracks forming last year. So, your claim that this is knee jerk isn't quite accurate. At the end of the season, a hard assessment of the team is needed. We'll see. But I do not think it is crazy or knee jerk to say the window has closed on this version of the Bolts. Whether you accept that truth or not is up to you.

Hoping for a miracle but definitely not counting on one.
Lmao

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
i see no difference in our defense with sergachev or without him. he might actually have trade value unlike cirelli so trade his ass for a forward or two because that’s what we actually need

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
i see no difference in our defense with sergachev or without him. he might actually have trade value unlike cirelli so trade his ass for a forward or two because that’s what we actually need

This has to be a coaching / development issue.? He’s only 25 you have to think the right coach helps him dial it in

Last edited:
Reactions: Renopucker

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
I haven’t been able to find a clip but it definitely looked like Frederic hit Jeannot in the numbers and jeannot hit his head against the glass.. and is prob concussed.

Considering it’s the dirty ass bruins I can guarantee that’s what happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad