GDT: 1/6/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
9 games left till the break.... we need at least 14-15 points to stay in the race...

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'm beginning to believe we let Stamkos walk unless he wants to take an extremely steep discount, like 5-6 AAV. He does a couple of things nice but over the course of an entire game the aggregate is pretty mediocre.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Why are we keeping a 34 year old declining Stamkos with a injury history over 26 year old Cirelli?

I do not understand that.
Cirelli has chemistry with Hagel and play the type of games that help you win in the playoffs. Stamkos has chemistry with nobody really the main reason why we don’t have a 2nd line

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
I'm beginning to believe we let Stamkos walk unless he wants to take an extremely steep discount, like 5-6 AAV. He does a couple of things nice but over the course of an entire game the aggregate is pretty mediocre.
See if Toronto wants their home town boy for a playoff run. If he wants to resign after it needs to be on a super team friendly deal otherwise he needs to find another team. He’s a luxury this team can no longer afford.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I've been saying this for a while lol.

I honestly thought he had more in him than this, for longer than this. He's not a difference maker out there unless the ice is already tilted. He used to put up goals regardless of that, but now he's hanging on the coattails of everyone else and it's pretty sad.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I want to see a Vasi game more than once every five or six starts.

Heres the thing. In every game, a goalie will face breakaways, two on ones, point blank shots - high danger chances - about 10-12 times a game. This usually means there was a defensive breakdown, but even on the high danger plays you expect your goalie to stop 4 out of every 5 of them. The goalie, especially 9.5m one is there to stop high danger chances, not just make routine saves.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He better at least get a 1st and 2nd back. They won't be as high as our own 1st and 2nd would be but at least we can start to stock the shelves again. We aren't contenders, we need to restock on everything
We don’t have anything that would get us a 1st round pick lnfao you think a GM is giving us a 1st for sheary or motte ? Lol

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Hate to break it to everyone who is looking for the instant relief of a midseason firesale and rebuild, that has zero chance of happening when we don't own our 1sts for the next two years. We are going to have to suffer through this.
We need to look at this from a sellers point of view, though. Who would contending teams love to have? Eyssimont (I would keep him personally), Glendening, CDH (for depth, if JBB was dumb enough, so are others), Sheary, Watson, AbB, and even Perbix are not moving the needle or helping the team nightly. Those are guys you can get picks or someone else to roll the dice on. The only one worth a shit is Ace out of them. Glendening is neutral and a good face off guy but he's nothing in the offensive zone worth keeping over the probably 3rd or 4th rounder we could get for him.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Why are we keeping a 34 year old declining Stamkos with a injury history over 26 year old Cirelli?

Cirelli has chemistry with Hagel and play the type of games that help you win in the playoffs. Stamkos has chemistry with nobody really the main reason why we don’t have a 2nd line
One has 84 points and 106 points the last 2 seasons, the other has 29 ans 43 :laugh:
Ones the captain the others a 3rd line c at beat

Reactions: Tampa22 and Byrddog

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
See if Toronto wants their home town boy for a playoff run. If he wants to resign after it needs to be on a super team friendly deal otherwise he needs to find another team. He’s a luxury this team can no longer afford.

Unless we are like the worst team in the league by the trade deadline...at this point I wouldn't put it past us, I don't see that happening since he has a full NMC.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We need to look at this from a sellers point of view, though. Who would contending teams love to have? Eyssimont (I would keep him personally), Glendening, CDH (for depth, if JBB was dumb enough, so are others), Sheary, Watson, AbB, and even Perbix are not moving the needle or helping the team nightly. Those are guys you can get picks or someone else to roll the dice on. The only one worth a shit is Ace out of them. Glendening is neutral and a good face off guy but he's nothing in the offensive zone worth keeping over the probably 3rd or 4th rounder we could get for him.

This is part of it

The other part is that we don't have our 1sts for the next two years. That is brutal, you can't trade anyone away with an eye to the future when another team is going to reap the benefits from a lost season.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

I don’t think they keep Stamkos JBB tends to let all the older vets go see palat, killorn,and rutta

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I’m usually upbeat about our team, but I’m ready to move on from Cirelli and Sheary is an obvious pass but who would want those contracts? Perbix could draw interest. Stammer, I just don’t know. Every 3rd or 4th game he plays like a hero but where is the consistency for his salary??

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don’t think they keep Stamkos JBB tends to let all the older vets go see palat, killorn,and rutta
Considering we already have 0 offensive producers besides Kuch and Point, I think letting Stamkos go would be a mistake. Unless he's asking for something ridiculous, of course. We only have 4 top 6 players (86, 21, 38, 91). We'd be even thinner at scoring next year

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

It's one of three between Paul, Stamkos, and Cirelli that needs to play center. In terms of play 5v5, all play like a 3C. The issue is only Paul is paid like one. If it wasn't for his PP production, he'd be on people's shit list too. I'd keep him, but him in the top 6 was probably alright for stretches bit asking that nightly is a no-go. Cirelli is so underwhelming for that contract. Stamkos 5v5 is a liability. The only way to get him going is with a playmaker. I've said this for over two seasons and sure his production is still there, but his play overall is poor. It just is. Not sure how you replace his current production by moving on and the emotional hit from the fan base but it does not feel like his team anymore. The team shouldn't be held hostage by a contract from an aging player. I'd rather be the mature fan base willing to recognize it and rip the bandaid off at a good time. Now is feeling like the time and it sucks. It does but that 5-8M or whatever people believe he's gonna get is going to hurt on nights like this. If this is him at 34, what's 36 going to look like? Tough call for JBB but something has to give. We have 0 second liners. After Hagel, Point and Kucherov get off the ice, it's an absolute two way, vanilla shitshow.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I’m usually upbeat about our team, but I’m ready to move on from Cirelli and Sheary is an obvious pass but who would want those contracts? Perbix could draw interest. Stammer, I just don’t know. Every 3rd or 4th game he plays like a hero but where is the consistency for his salary??
Unfortunately, you could say that about pretty much all of Tampa's high priced contracts this season aside from Kucherov.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
1. JBB needs to stop trading draft picks we are not a contender anymore and still won’t be next season.

2. JBB needs to sell as many players that are not the core to acquire picks back even if it’s motte for a 5th and sheary for a 6th and glendening for a 4th

Reactions: The Gongshow

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
Not a fan of pulling the goalie on a PP with 5 minutes left. With no icing, the opposition can dump it with impunity. It’s pretty much a sure goal and early end to the game.

Just go with the regular PP unit.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
It really depends on the return. Stamkos will get us multiple picks and a prospect that we need. We’re worse off without him in the short term; but if he gets hurt and LTIR or walks away like killorn we are worse in the future too.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
1. JBB needs to stop trading draft picks we are not a contender anymore and still won’t be next season.

2. JBB needs to sell as many players that are not the core to acquire picks back even if it’s motte for a 5th and sheary for a 6th and glendening for a 4th
Agreed. I'd rather roll a team full of rookies who will actually fight for roster spots and want to prove themselves rather than these past their prime, lazy players who should be playing in the minors anyways.

Plus the more young kids that don't know our terrible system, the better.

None of our call ups the past few games have hurt us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad