GDT: 1/6/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
It's one of three between Paul, Stamkos, and Cirelli that needs to play center. In terms of play 5v5, all play like a 3C. The issue is only Paul is paid like one. If it wasn't for his PP production, he'd be on people's shit list too. I'd keep him, but him in the top 6 was probably alright for stretches bit asking that nightly is a no-go. Cirelli is so underwhelming for that contract. Stamkos 5v5 is a liability. The only way to get him going is with a playmaker. I've said this for over two seasons and sure his production is still there, but his play overall is poor. It just is. Not sure how you replace his current production by moving on and the emotional hit from the fan base but it does not feel like his tram anymore. The team shouldn't be held hostage by a contract from an aging player. I'd rather be the mature fan base willing to recognize it and rip the bandaid off at a good time. Now is feeling like the time and it sucks. It does but that 5-8M or whatever people believe he's gonna get is going to hurt on nights like this. If this is him at 34, what's 36 going to look like? Tough call for JBB but something has to give. We have 0 second liners. After Hagel, Point and Kucherov get off the ice, it's an absolute two way, vanilla shitshow.
What worries me is I don’t have an issue moving on from Stamkos but I don’t have the trust that JBB is going to spend his cap space correctly to fix our problems see Conor sheary lol 😂

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
If Stamkos walks or is traded, that changes the PP drastically. We've had a legitimate threat on the left circle since 2009. There isn't a right shot on the team capable of filling his role. Maybe you move Point but he's not that guy. At all. So, thats an issue too.

I feel like "end of an era" if we miss the playoffs is in store and Hedman could very well become the next captain. Not sure how you replace an already depleted forward group (unless he returns something at the TDL) after moving him but this group and line matching ain't it. It's not. I feel like the any way mentality that won with a heavy game, heavy players and fast offense is gone when 86 steps off the ice. At that point, it's not a team. This is like reliving 2016-2017 all over again.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
One has 84 points and 106 points the last 2 seasons, the other has 29 ans 43 :laugh:
Ones the captain the others a 3rd line c at beat

Valid. I’m just saying that we need a player that can actually play 2c and bump cirelli down or someone offensive who can play with cirelli and Hagel + a top 4 dman. 8.5 is a lot of space + the cap rising.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Valid. I’m just saying that we need a player that can actually play 2c and bump cirelli down or someone offensive who can play with cirelli and Hagel + a top 4 dman. 8.5 is a lot of space + the cap rising.
Put Stamkos back at C and roll with Paul and I honestly don't know who else. Cirelli, Ace and Jeanot as the 3rd line shutdown. The old guys on the 4th. Let Sheary rot in the press box.

Hope Stamkos takes a pay cut, trade Cirelli and use his 6.25 on a dman

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
JBB sunk this ship in 2 years.
I think it's more so there's no established pattern on how to keep teams a contender yearly with a salary cap. Players age, its part of the valuation. We did it for damn near a decade and hit replacement after replacement. We also got fortunate along the way with being over the cap. I think JBB has done some stupid shit recently but I wouldn't say it's all him. Vasy playing like shit isn't JBB. Stamkos being a 5v5 anchor isn't him. Cirelli playing like vanilla extract isn't all him, partially Cooper. The defense isn't all him. Injuries have happened that are never foreseen. Has CDH been good? Nah, thats on him. Sheary is on him. Some stupid moves, but having to pay with potential like Sergachev, Cirelli and Cernak occurs and you hope they elevate their play to carry the torch. Currently, two are injured but all three have been underwhelming this year.

It's a transition phase a lot of us are not wanting to accept and in all honesty, it feels like JBB is right there too. I feel like he didn't sign Stamkos because he's at the same crossroad on deciding the future of this team.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I think it is safe to say Cierrili isn't shutting anyone down , Vasi is overpaid, and STamkos can't carry anyone. Time to make some moves JBB. We got the highest paid 3rd line center in the league. Hayes contract looks good at this point. Kuch, Point, and Hagel are the only guys earning their contract.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think it's more so there's no established pattern on how to keep teams a contender yearly with a salary cap. We did it for damn near a decade and hit replacement after replacement. We also got fortunate along the way with being over the cap. I think JBB has done some stupid shit recently but I wouldn't say it's all him. Vasy playing like shit isn't JBB. Stamkos being a 5v5 anchor isn't him. Cirelli playing like vanilla extract isn't all him, partially Cooper. The defense isn't all him. Injuries have happened that are never foreseen. Has CDH been good? Nah, thats on him. Sheary is on him. Some stupid moves, but having to pay with potential like Sergachev, Cirelli and Cernak occurs and you hope they elevate their play to carry the torch. Currently, two are injured but all three have been underwhelming this year.

It's a transition phase a lot of us are not wanting to accept and in all honesty, it feels like JBB is right there too. I feel like he didn't sign Stamkos because he's at the same crossroad on deciding the future of this team.
I agree the team has been underperfomaning forsure. How many times have we said Vasy is being outgoalied over the last 2 years?
Coaching implementing this new system cost the team as well.

That said, JBB iced this team. He's the one who signed or traded for the the entire bottom 6 of the offense and the revolving door of bottom 6 Dman who just haven't worked. I get its tough with the cap, but the signings have been brutal.

Reactions: Stammertime91

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
🎵Dear Mister I'm-Too-Good-To-trade Cirelli,
This'll be the last time I ever celly
It's been two years and still no retool. We don't deserve it?
I know you got my last two tweets;
I tagged you on 'em perfect
So this is my hf post I'm sending you,
I hope you know I ripped all of your pictures off the wall
I loved you, JBB, we could've threepeated together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it

My teas gone cold 🎶

• Haha
Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
I agree the team has been underperfomaning forsure. How many times have we said Vasy is being outgoalied over the last 2 years?
Coaching implementing this new system cost the team as well.

That said, JBB iced this team. He's the one who signed or traded for the the entire bottom 6 of the offense and the revolving door of bottom 6 Dman who just haven't worked. I get its tough with the cap, but the signings have been brutal.
Look at it like this in terms of play, honestly.

Eyssimont: B
Jeannot: B-
Glendening: B
Motte: B
ABB: C+
Watson: ?
Sheary: D

Unless I'm forgetting a misfit, those aren't the worst given ice time and production. Now, when you factor in what we NEED from them, yeah, it gets pretty bad. I'd say most fall a couple letter grades. The glaring whiff from UFA is Sheary. At the time, not so bad minus the extra year (or two). The obvious failure of a trade was Jeannot. The win was Eyssimont. The random ass fliers and PTO falls to Motte and Watson which weren't the worst. Another issue is that each one of them are redundant. Glendening's ability to win faceoffs is the only stand out. They are like dime a dozen type players with zero chemistry. In JBB's eyes, he probably thought Cooper could make it work but it hasn't. At all.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Any moves by JBB at this point are only rearranging deckchairs on the titanic.

JBB and Cooper should be let go at the end of the year.

Cooper has already lasted longer than even the best of the best.

If JBB won't fire him...then Vinik needs to fire everyone.

We are long past the expiration date on this gallon of milk.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Any moves by JBB at this point are only rearranging deckchairs on the titanic.

JBB and Cooper should be let go at the end of the year.

Cooper has already lasted longer than even the best of the best.

If JBB won't fire him...then Vinik needs to fire everyone.

We are long past the expiration date on this gallon of milk.
This is one of the wildest takes to be honest. Stupid organizations do stuff like this.

We are in a transition phase because of the cap. He's definitely to blame for some of that, but knee jerk reactions to firing the best coach over the last decade and arguably a top 5 GM because we are a few wins out of a playoff spot the first week of January is naive.

• Haha
Reactions: T REX and Hoek

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Look at it like this in terms of play, honestly.

Eyssimont: B
Jeannot: B-
Glendening: B
Motte: B
ABB: C+
Watson: ?
Sheary: D

Unless I'm forgetting a misfit, those aren't the worst given ice time and production. Now, when you factor in what we NEED from them, yeah, it gets pretty bad. I'd say most fall a couple letter grades. The glaring whiff from UFA is Sheary. At the time, not so bad minus the extra year (or two). The obvious failure of a trade was Jeannot. The win was Eyssimont. The random ass fliers and PTO falls to Motte and Watson which weren't the worst. Another issue is that each one of them are redundant. Glendening's ability to win faceoffs is the only stand out. They are like dime a dozen type players with zero chemistry. In JBB's eyes, he probably thought Cooper could make it work but it hasn't. At all.
Little Tony aka Celly getting paid like a top 6 forward plus-minus like a 4th liner and production like a 3rd liner.
D-

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Save us Issac Howard
1704598058561.png

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Little Tony aka Celly getting paid like a top 6 forward plus-minus like a 4th liner and production like a 3rd liner.
D-
Little Tony is a good one. That has to stick until he picks up his play. He's definitely underperforming. If I'm looking at one of the three recently signed between him, Sergachev and Cernak, he's the first one I move. Won't happen because of PR and internal reasons, but if JBB had the balls to go against the grain, shock the team and inject offense, I'd move that 6M vanilla contract in an instant. I'd go straight for a playmaker and see if that reignites Stamkos game 5v5. The current second line and what we do/did factoring 71 & 91 into the team is hurting more than helping.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Little Tony is a good one. That has to stick until he picks up his play. He's definitely underperforming. If I'm looking at one of the three recently signed between him, Sergachev and Cernak, he's the first one I move. Won't happen because of PR and internal reasons, but if JBB had the balls to go against the grain, shock the team and inject offense, I'd move that 6M vanilla contract in an instant. I'd go straight for a playmaker and see if that reignites Stamkos game 5v5. The current second line and what we do/did factoring 71 & 91 into the team is hurting more than helping.
He is a good one until you see his contract. He should getting apid half his salary and it isn't his fault for signing,.He is not ever going to be a top6 forward. He can;t shutdown the other teams top 2 lines and score. He is an extremely overpaid Kris Draper. Great third liner but nothing else. The best thing we could do is trade him for use our money signing a 1/2 defenseman. Hedman is not longer a #1 and Sergachev is a #2.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
This is one of the wildest takes to be honest. Stupid organizations do stuff like this.

We are in a transition phase because of the cap. He's definitely to blame for some of that, but knee jerk reactions to firing the best coach over the last decade and arguably a top 5 GM because we are a few wins out of a playoff spot the first week of January is naive.
I remember Pens fans saying the same crap. LOL.

Bill Belichick is about to be fired.

It happens to everyone.

Do you think Cooper is going to retire with the Lightning?

SMDH. What's your "bar" for Cooper or JBB to finally be let go? How low do they have to go?

And maybe JBB should be forced to wear this crown of thorns.

But 2 cups. So now let's watch Rome burn, eh?

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
He is a good one until you see his contract. He should getting apid half his salary and it isn't his fault for signing,.He is not ever going to be a top6 forward. He can;t shutdown the other teams top 2 lines and score. He is an extremely overpaid Kris Draper. Great third liner but nothing else. The best thing we could do is trade him for use our money signing a 1/2 defenseman. Hedman is not longer a #1 and Sergachev is a #2.
No I meant the nickname lol... little tony..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad