GDT: 1/4 Boston Bruins vs Winnipeg Jets 1pm ET NESN/98.5 FM

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Context is key here. Wheeler has only had decent minutes and a role for 3 years now. You know that.

+/- is a garbage stat.

I would say that too if someone pulled out a stat that blew my argument out of the water. Stats are stats are stats. I guess then that I'd rather go by the fact that almost every respected hockey mind outside of the Peg is panning the pick/exclusion.

I don't dislike Wheeler. I watched him play probably long before you did during his college years and when he was here in Boston.

On a team that will struggle to score goals, leaving off one of the country's best goal scorers when you already have a line dedicated to defense (projected Backes line) is completely counter-productive.

I'd rather not derail the GDT with this Olympic conversation, so you're more than welcome to join the Bruin board Olympic thread discussion.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
On a team that will struggle to score goals, leaving off one of the country's best goal scorers when you already have a line dedicated to defense (projected Backes line) is completely counter-productive.

I'd rather not derail the GDT with this Olympic conversation, so you're more than welcome to join the Bruin board Olympic thread discussion.

I'll just add one more thing, Wheeler had great chemistry with Stastny on international ice during the lockout. He was also the LAST pick.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Usually more in their barn than in ours, but sometimes the B's need a cattle prod to play hard against teams lower in the standings or not big rivals.

I remember hitting five posts in one game. Seemed no matter what the Bruins brought they just kept hitting iron.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Usually more in their barn than in ours, but sometimes the B's need a cattle prod to play hard against teams lower in the standings or not big rivals.

Tell me about it.
I'm too lazy to check but I seem to recall the Jets being the team that broke the Bruins crazy winning streak of Nov/Dec 2011. They always seem to work 10x harder than our team when we play together and the Bruins always seem to hit the ****ing posts against their team. Oh well. Here's to hoping Claude lights a fire under their arses so we can go into our Cali road trip with some swagger.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I feel like this team usually has trouble with the Jets.

Me too.

I also think the Bruins have a habit of playing flat for a period or two and then trying to win it in 20 minutes of intensity. I don't think that's a good habit.

Not sure what to think about Krug being injured-I lean more towards resting him and inserting Miller but I don't think any of our right shots play left side very well (although I haven't seen Miller play left side).

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Past 3 seasons including this one:

Wheeler 171 GP 136 pts
Ryan 171 GP 123 pts

Wheeler also had a 10 goal December and I'd have to argue Getzlaf is a bit better at center than Little. Wheeler also has experience with the PK and is better defensively, not to mention a faster skater for the big ice.

Pavelec gets the start tomorrow.

You could argue that Getzlaf is a better centre than Little. Too bad Bobby Ryan no longer plays with him in Ana and is now in Ottawa. lol Thanks for playing though. lol

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Love the matinee games. Got to get two points here. Hopfully Rask will be back in net with acouple days off between their next game. Go B's 4-1 W. Spooner with 2a. Bergeron/Marchand 1-1. Go Bs!!!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Wow...and with Stamkos gone....

Bruins seem to be the only team that consistently beats them.

Bishop IMO has been a huge puck up for them and that organization doesn't mind that they gave up a solid forward prospect for a very good goalie.

Bruins just seem to know how to stop their shooters and pick apart their defense.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
tumblr_m3jp5eT0bs1r0ckzpo5_250.gif

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Past 3 seasons including this one:

Wheeler 171 GP 136 pts
Ryan 171 GP 123 pts

Wheeler also had a 10 goal December and I'd have to argue Getzlaf is a bit better at center than Little. Wheeler also has experience with the PK and is better defensively, not to mention a faster skater for the big ice.

Pavelec gets the start tomorrow.

I`m not a massive stat guy but when it comes to assessing a player, I think we`d all agree, we tend to look at playoff performances

Wheeler

GP- 21

G- 1

Asst- 5

Ryan

GP-26

G- 10

Asst-5

Ivyy13

Trust and Tradition
Feb 4, 2007
Boston
Not sure how legit this is but interesting regardless.

NMU Hockey ‏@NMUHockey 5m

Congrats to former #NMUhky Justin Florek on his first call-up to @NHLBruins #welldeserved #NMUWildcats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad