GDT: 1/4/24 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Minnesota

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If Vasy faces the types of shots he seen tonight he's going win almost every game, the Wild have basically no offense.

Our lower lines played very well tonight, our defense is still a trainwreck. Hedman and actually Raddysh were the only two out there making consistently solid plays with the puck defensively.

At this point I'd take Carlisle over CDH when Sergachev or Fleury return

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Sure, Minnesota was far from full strength as well, but getting 2 points in that place, they'll take it anyway they can. Good win and effort! Let's see if they can pull one off in Boston nexf.

Reactions: Tampa22

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Watched the whole game, and didn't post. But just want to say Carlile looked good. Raddysh finally showed what his small sample size analytics said last season. When ABB is not in the line up, the team does better. I seriously don't see what anyone see's in ABB, but that is just me. The team defense is still bad, its just Minnesota couldn't capitalize. One of the better Vasy games recently. \

I want to see an experiment.

Sheary/Motte/Ace - Cirelli - Kuch
Stammer - Point - Hagel
Jeannot - Paul - Sheary/Motte/Ace
Watson - Glendenning - Sheary/Motte/Ace

I want to see which force is more powerful, Kuch's ability to make a goal out of anything or Cirelli's absolute void of offensive output.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Dude thinks people don't want their 9.5m goaltender to play like a 9.5m goaltender. Who's upset?

12 year old logic.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Watched the whole game, and didn't post. But just want to say Carlile looked good. Raddysh finally showed what his small sample size analytics said last season. When ABB is not in the line up, the team does better. I seriously don't see what anyone see's in ABB, but that is just me. The team defense is still bad, its just Minnesota couldn't capitalize. One of the better Vasy games recently. \

I want to see an experiment.

Sheary/Motte/Ace - Cirelli - Kuch
Stammer - Point - Hagel
Jeannot - Paul - Sheary/Motte/Ace
Watson - Glendenning - Sheary/Motte/Ace

I want to see which force is more powerful, Kuch's ability to make a goal out of anything or Cirelli's absolute void of offensive output.
Agreed about ABB. He contributes in the odd goal but when he's not on the puck with space, it's a 5v4.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Carlile looked good for his first NHL game. He'll get a better test against Boston, but we could definitely use some home grown surprise reinforcements. Myers looked decent as well. Vasy also looked sharp, but it was the B team of Minnesota. Let's see them get on the streak they need to actually make the playoffs.

After 40 games watching Sheary, would we really be worse off giving Goncalves, Robert, or Chaffee a shot in his place? I'm trying to think of a single thing Sheary gives us. Defenders in the offensive zone take the puck from him like candy from a baby. Goncalves is supposed to be a good forechecker and have a cannon for a one timer - already sounds better.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Merrimack doesn't send a ton of guys to the NHL.

They've got 2 guys who have reached the AHL this season, and 3 more in the NHL. Brett Seney and Johnathan Kovacevic are the other NHLers. Not exactly household names.

NCAA Hockey, until recently, didn't send a large share of players to the NHL. And smaller non blue blood programs like Merrimack have rarely gotten the level of recruits necessary to send to the NHL. Hard when you're in the same region as the Hockey East & ECAC powers.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Carlile looked tentative for the 1st half of the game but settled in fairly well. Raddysh obviously with a nice game, love to see it. Big 2 points that you needed to have.

Reactions: Tampa22

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Raddysh played over 25 minutes last night, 2 short of Heddy. We've got our next blueline stud!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Carlile looked good for his first NHL game. He'll get a better test against Boston, but we could definitely use some home grown surprise reinforcements. Myers looked decent as well. Vasy also looked sharp, but it was the B team of Minnesota. Let's see them get on the streak they need to actually make the playoffs.

After 40 games watching Sheary, would we really be worse off giving Goncalves, Robert, or Chaffee a shot in his place? I'm trying to think of a single thing Sheary gives us. Defenders in the offensive zone take the puck from him like candy from a baby. Goncalves is supposed to be a good forechecker and have a cannon for a one timer - already sounds better.
They just sent carlile back to the AHL for Thompson

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
We only won because Raddysh PRODUCed !!!
Screen Shot 01-05-24 at 02.52 PM.JPG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad