r8NZbvv.png

ISYc45y.png

nL2yge1.png

hef38Ow.png

Reactions: J T Money

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I really like this Minnesota team. They have the best logo in the league. They also picked our best players (Maroon, Bogo) and beat writer (Smith) and look where they at now.

Reactions: Meuracas

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ok, must be another bad night. Unfortunately my perceptions don't change for the next two upcoming games. I wonder if we will have 6th D tonight...

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
No Kaprizov, Spurgeon, Brodin, Zuccarrello, Gustavsson for the Wild. So we might be looking at Boldy owning us, Maroon getting multiple points, Walker getting a goal, and Bogosian showing us his twice a year Bobby Orr esque dynamic ability.

So this is either a scheduled loss where the Wild win 6-3, or the Lightning blow a 3-1 3rd period lead and lose 5-4 for a heartbreaker. Prove me wrong.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
How has life been without bogo and maroon JBB ? We sure could use bogo on the back end now ? How is the bottom 6 without maroon ? View attachment 795676
Maroon's biggest contribution now would be holding the dressing room accountable by calling out the group for underperforming. Some of these blown leads, OTLs without touching the puck, and vanilla no show performances would likely not have happened with Maroon in the room. I bet the Lightning have 3-5 more points with him still there.

Tank commander Blashill gonna lead us to a top 10 pick baby!!
Lightning winning the Celebrini lottery would have the main board in shambles.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Bro I need your relentless positivity like Goku needed energy for the spirit bomb. I just do not get this year's Lightning team. Not saying the window is closed. Just that this year's team just does not act hungry. I feel like this lot could lose this game
I think we're stuck with what we have for this year. We don't really have many options until next season. I don't see how a trade or two is gonna drastically change the outlook from where we are now.

This offseason is where some big changes can and will occur imo.

As for the rest of this season. Fire Blashill or let someone else take responsibility for the defense. The current system is clearly not working.

Fortunately we still have Kuch in his prime as well as guys like Point and Vassy.

Hate to say it but our best option is free up cap space by letting some of the big guys go. Now whether that's by trade or letting them walk idk.

I think the elephant in the room is Stammer and Heddy. That's $16.3 mil in cap space.

We could use that to flesh out the middle 6 as well as address the defense.

As it stands now we have WAAAY too many supporting role type players.

Sheary
Eyssimont
Glendenning
Motte
Watson
ABB
Jeannot

Thats 7 of our 13 forwards. We just don't have the scoring depth we used to. Freeing up $16.3 mil in cap space gives us plenty of options to change that.

Our D core is Heddy, Serge and Cernak.

Everyone else is a place holder. Trade Heddy away and its just not NHL quality imo.

I picked Stammer and Heddy because they have the biggest hit and would require too much cap space to resign and stay competitive imo.

Only way it could work is if they both took a contract for half of what they're making now.

I know getting letting Stammer and Heddy go would be hard but its just the option that I think makes the most sense.
If you had a time machine and went back a few years and told me Chara and Lundqvist would both be Capitals and then the NY Rangers would Trade Patrick Kane to the Detroit Red Wings I would laugh myself into a coma.

As long as you have guys like Kuch, Point, and Vassy still in their prime I think you need to go for it.
Trading/walking Stammer and Heddy gives us the best chance at a re-tool that allows the team to compete imo.

Thank you for coming to my Ted-Talk.

Last edited:

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
I think we're stuck with what we have for this year. We don't really have many options until next season. I don't see how a trade or two is gonna drastically change the outlook from where we are now.

This offseason is where some big changes can and will occur imo.

As for the rest of this season. Fire Blashill or let someone else take responsibility for the defense. The current system is clearly not working.

Fortunately we still have Kuch in his prime as well as guys like Point and Vassy.

Hate to say it but our best option is free up cap space by letting some of the big guys go. Now whether that's by trade or letting them walk idk.

I think the elephant in the room is Stammer and Heddy. That's $16.3 mil in cap space.

We could use that to flesh out the middle 6 as well as address the defense.

As it stands now we have WAAAY too many supporting role type players.

Sheary
Eyssimont
Glendenning
Motte
Watson
ABB
Jeannot

Thats 7 of our 13 forwards. We just don't have the scoring depth we used to. Freeing up $16.3 mil in cap space gives us plenty of options to change that.

Our D core is Heddy, Serge and Cernak.

Everyone else is a place holder. Trade Heddy away and its just not NHL quality imo.

I picked Stammer and Heddy because they have the biggest hit and would require too much cap space to resign and stay competitive imo.

Only way it could work is if they both took a contract for half of what they're making now.

I know getting letting Stammer and Heddy go would be hard but its just the option that I think makes the most sense.
If you had a time machine and went back a few years and told me Chara and Lundqvist would both be Capitals and then the NY Rangers would Trade Patrick Kane to the Detroit Red Wings I would laugh myself into a coma.

As long as you have guys like Kuch, Point, and Vassy still in their prime I think you need to go for it.
Trading/walking Stammer and Heddy gives us the best chance at a re-tool that allows the team to compete imo.

Thank you for coming to my Ted-Talk.
Masterful

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille