GDT: 1/30/19 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
We've to lose all the advantage we've in the standing...because I don't want to have the chance to meet them in the first round...

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
We've to lose all the advantage we've in the standing...because I don't want to have the chance to meet them in the first round...
We play against Pens only if play-off starts right now. By the end of the season that probably going to be Columbus.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry but this pens team is not scary at all and I would absolutely enjoy facing them in the playoffs.
Pens and Caps are heavy Cup favorites. They won it 3 times out 3 in the recent years. We have better regular seasons (last two years). But regular games are meaningless.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Is anyone else regularly muting the NBC broadcast? :banghead:

It's a paradox, really, and it's like this with baseball fans these days as well it seems. There's supposed to be something, you know, special about having your team in a national broadcast window, but then you actually watch the game and you're left to wonder about "why are these announcers so ignorant" and "what's with all the bells and whistles" and other stuff that, really, isn't actually necessary in the broadcast to begin with.

I mean, it's been like this for several years from our POV. I grew disillusioned with NBC vis-a-vis the Lightning after the entire broadcast crew and studio crew blamed us for the Flyers 1-3-1 protest several years ago. That was nonsense of the highest order. I don't generally like defense-first tactics as much as the next guy but if you've got a problem breaking it down, that's your problem; the protest was silly and blaming it all on us was ridiculous, as far as I'm concerned. But I digress - maybe it's a sign of how easy it is to watch games today from all around the league compared to the past, but the whole appeal of national television is long gone for me. Frankly, I wouldn't want the Lightning to be on an NBC Game of the Week broadcast; I don't generally enjoy the idea of sitting down to watch Lightning hockey at 12:30pm on a Sunday. And so, once again this year, I'm more than happy to see us side-stepping that particular landmine. May it continue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad