GDT: 1/30/19 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Well, on the positive side, both McDonagh and Strålman had good solid games so the break gave both of them time to heal up as we were hoping. Mac's skating was much more like his early season form and Strålman was making great reads and plays like he used to as well.

I'm just hoping Girardi is the next in the D rotation to rest. :whatever:

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Well, on the positive side, both McDonagh and Strålman had good solid games so the break gave both of them time to heal up as we were hoping. Mac's skating was much more like his early season form and Strålman was making great reads and plays like he used to as well.

I'm just hoping Girardi is the next in the D rotation to rest. :whatever:
It sounds like the rotation might be coming to an end soon judging from the Lalonde quotes today.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Not too disappointed with the outcome. The difference was us showing up flat and the Pittsburgh bounces early. We eventually willed the puck to start bouncing our way, and we pretty much tilted the ice in our favor as the game wore on. Granted Pitt had a healthy lead, but they didn't look like they were intentionally trying to sit on it. I don't think they're really wired that way.

If the two teams I saw tonight faced off in the playoffs, I just can't see us losing four. We have the skill in the top-6 to match Pitt (finally) and we're just plain deeper in the bottom six. We were way more physical, too. We'd beat them up pretty good over a series, and based on the way it went tonight, Crosby would be very lucky to stay healthy, and Letang would be on crutches or in a coma by game 3.

Despite the score, it was a pretty entertaining game. On to the next one.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This is pretty much exactly like the Islanders game a few weeks back. Fell asleep for 3 minutes and 3 goals go in, and that ends up being too deep of a hole to dig out of.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This is pretty much exactly like the Islanders game a few weeks back. Fell asleep for 3 minutes and 3 goals go in, and that ends up being too deep of a hole to dig out of.
And it's not like the start was bad as a whole. We just made a few sloppy plays and they capitalized. I'm of course not defending them, they made mistakes and paid the prize. That's how life goes against a team like Pittsburgh.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Pierre is really getting it, huh? The gender dynamic immediately came to my head, but my gut is that it's that he really doesn't know how to talk to anyone.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Pierre is really getting it, huh? The gender dynamic immediately came to my head, but my gut is that it's that he really doesn't know how to talk to anyone.

Pierre has always been very creepy. Has absolutely NO concept of personal space for one or of the line between admirer and stalker/fanatic. This just made it a whole lot more obvious to even the casual viewer.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Sleep walking through the first period is on Cooper. Should have called a timeout after the 2nd goal, and give them a rollicking.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

He talks like his life is hockey 24/7, and, when you listen to him, it's hard not to believe it. I doubt he has any awareness whatsoever about social norms and boundaries. This is a guy who doesn't have time to watch movies or read books or whatever, judging by the sheer volume of useless information he knows about hockey.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
And it's not like the start was bad as a whole. We just made a few sloppy plays and they capitalized. I'm of course not defending them, they made mistakes and paid the prize. That's how life goes against a team like Pittsburgh.

Yeah, it felt like a 2014 game, where every single mistake ended up costing us.

I didn't like how some over-passing crept back into our game, but, aside from that, I think this one was just a whole lot of rust and Pittsburgh being a team you can't make mistakes against.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Pierre is very likely going to have to address this, even if only briefly, during his next broadcast.

It'll be interesting what comes out of this because he says odd stuff pretty much all the time but he's never seriously taken to task on any of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad