GDT: 1/3/2017 Kings @ Sharks 7 PM PST

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Seriously. Since last year's playoffs, the Kings have had serious trouble containing the Sharks' first line. The past two games they have contained them perfectly. I knew the Kings would eventually figure it out.

it really helps when you have a mobile and dynamic defense. Not to Mention that Kopi was playing like a selke winner last night.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
it really helps when you have a mobile and dynamic defense. Not to Mention that Kopi was playing like a selke winner last night.

Yeah, every one of those guys on D can do it all, every single one of them can really move (Mcnabb is a little slower but noticeably better in general) and can move the puck. And the reach of Forbort and Gravel allows them to cover their mistakes a little bit better too. They can poke the puck off just about anyone. Never seen two guys disarm Thornton so easily.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
People are now seeing what my fellow AHL junkies got to witness, Forbort/Gavel doing what they do.

They literally chew up so much ice, it's darn near impossible to get past them. They have really long reach, and they both have tremendous skating.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
People are now seeing what my fellow AHL junkies got to witness, Forbort/Gavel doing what they do.

They literally chew up so much ice, it's darn near impossible to get past them. They have really long reach, and they both have tremendous skating.

We've seen so many guys with reach not be able to do anything with it (Keaton Ellerby, anyone?) so it's nice to see both guys able to reach into and use their toolboxes.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
If you told me we'd win both games against the Guppies I would have told you to jump in a lake...

Marleau is no longer the threat that he once was. Burns is the real deal though. McBeardie is def. hittin' his stride.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
If you told me we'd win both games against the Guppies I would have told you to jump in a lake...

Marleau is no longer the threat that he once was. Burns is the real deal though. McBeardie is def. hittin' his stride.

Marleau still has incredible speed. Burned by all the Kings d-men in the NYE game. Doesn't he have 10 goals? So he's on pace for 20ish. He's not prime Marleau but that's expected.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Here's my prediction for the homestand based on the strength of teams:

Wings: L
Wild: W
Stars: L
Blues: W
Jets: L
Lightning: W
Sharks: W

Losing to the Wings would be a slap in the face considering how well and how heavy they played the Sharks the last few games. They should pound the Wings right into the ice and make them fear going into the corners to get the puck.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Losing to the Wings would be a slap in the face considering how well and how heavy they played the Sharks the last few games. They should pound the Wings right into the ice and make them fear going into the corners to get the puck.

They should have done that to Vancouver and Buffalo too...

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Marleau still has incredible speed. Burned by all the Kings d-men in the NYE game. Doesn't he have 10 goals? So he's on pace for 20ish. He's not prime Marleau but that's expected.

Still has speed and can finish, but he looked slow and uninterested except for a rush or two last night. Maybe he should follow suit and grow up the man beard?

I shouldn't be complaining...

Kopi - 3 goals
Gaborik - 1 goal (Eesh. Can't even use the word GOAL in the plural sense here)
Brown - 4 goals

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

That was the joke ;)

Still has speed and can finish, but he looked slow and uninterested except for a rush or two last night. Maybe he should follow suit and grow up the man beard?

Kopi - 3 goals
Brown - 4 goals

Marleau has been growing his beard for ten years!

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013

Kopi - 3 goals
Brown - 4 goals

Brown's having a great year!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad