Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
98muvkY.jpg

giphy.gif

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Forbort made 2-3 passes straight up the slot to Sharks players tonight.

Was going to say the same, not one of Forbort's stronger games.

He made some bad passes right in the slot to Sharks players. Played 25 mins, lucky it didn't burn him.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I don't recall anything too bad. There are going to be plays where things don't connect, but the way you describe it, IDK?

He made some bad mistakes. Also had a turnover in the Kings zone when he had an easy exit. San Jose went on to cycle the puck for 30-40 seconds and had a good chance or two (think it was the first period). Martinez did the same. Muzzin did the same. It happens. Obviously it's been consistent with Muzzin most of the season but I thought he was really strong tonight. His play on the boards was perfect.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
So good to know why Jim rarely gets national games...

Apparently, NBCSN got the word that too much homerism was going on during both the Kings/Ducks games vs the Sharks when they played nationally. Now you get the color guy from the visitor in the booth to even it out a bit with the Sharks announcers.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Muzzin and A-Mart

Will come out of their funk, last season they were a strong pairing, with Muzzin playing lights out.

They are not going to play this poorly all year, neither guy is hurt to our knowledge.

Least we forget, Carter didn't exactly light the world on fire last season, people wanted to get rid of him.

How stupid would that have been ?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Colorado is not going to part with Landeskog or Duchene just for Muzzin.

They want a young, Top 4 playing Defender ++. So Muzzin alone is not getting that done. Colorado is looking for someone like Trouba, cause they don't have to trade either guy.

They simply want to fleece some team out there, and come out ahead, they have failed to develop any Defenders.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Last two games everyone has looked good. Didn't give SJ much room, made the Sharks earn the blue-lines. Kings also cut out a lot of those stretch passes SJ loves to exploit vs them.

Budaj was great both games.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Last night's game ***might be*** the turning point in this season. I think most of us expected to lose that game. That we did not speaks volumes.....

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Last two games everyone has looked good. Didn't give SJ much room, made the Sharks earn the blue-lines. Kings also cut out a lot of those stretch passes SJ loves to exploit vs them.

Budaj was great both games.

We were absolutely smothering Burns as well as taking away Pavelski's stick, too. You could tell as they started working different plays. Haven't seen that in over a year.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Good game, very satisfying 2 points. Although I still would prefer for them to score more goals and not chance losing in OT, but 2 pts is 2pts and they need the points. Gaborik continues to be a concern, seems to be lagging and lacking for most shifts. Carter continues to carry the team and I wish they'd get more from the other forwards. He seems to be the only one in overdrive and really driving on his shifts (although Pearson does as well).

Next up- Detroit, should be easier than the last 2 W's as they are struggling. Worst PP in NHL, haven't scored a PP goal since Oct 19, 0 for 48. Desperate times call for desperate measures. An article today states that Steve Ott is now practicing on the PP unit.

Maybe give Budaj a rest as the WIld are up after that and will be a much more challenging game. It's good for him to get some time in case he's needed.

Last edited:

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
if Budaj can keep it up, and if the offense can contribute just a little bit more, this team is making the playoffs

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Fortunate to get the Sharks with Vlasic out but it's great they took care of business.

I've been starting to come around a bit since my biggest concern was that they couldn't win on the road. While there were some airballs on the road trip, I thought they played some of their best hockey of the season in a few of those games which gives me hope.

Didn't think that Budaj would be able to hold the fort and I thought December would kill them. They've been great at home this year so a strong January will go a very long way towards making the playoffs.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the continued development of the rookies. Even if they miss the playoffs, being in the hunt until the end will be great for them.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
We were absolutely smothering Burns as well as taking away Pavelski's stick, too. You could tell as they started working different plays. Haven't seen that in over a year.

Only took the Kings 3 years to figure out how to tie up Pavelski in front of the net.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Good game, very satisfying 2 points. Although I still would prefer for them to score more goals and not chance losing in OT, but 2 pts is 2pts and they need the points. Gaborik continues to be a concern, seems to be lagging and lacking for most shifts. Carter continues to carry the team and I wish they'd get more from the other forwards. He seems to be the only one in overdrive and really driving on his shifts (although Pearson does as well).

Next up- Detroit, should be easier than the last 2 W's as they are struggling. Worst PP in NHL, haven't scored a PP goal since Oct 19, 0 for 48. Desperate times call for desperate measures. An article today states that Steve Ott is now practicing on the PP unit.

Maybe give Budaj a rest as the WIld are up after that and will be a much more challenging game. It's good for him to get some time in case he's needed.

Ya know they will now pot probably 1 if not 2 PP goals :laugh: Hopefully Kings are not slump busters

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Only took the Kings 3 years to figure out how to tie up Pavelski in front of the net.

Seriously. Since last year's playoffs, the Kings have had serious trouble containing the Sharks' first line. The past two games they have contained them perfectly. I knew the Kings would eventually figure it out.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Here's my prediction for the homestand based on the strength of teams:

Wings: L
Wild: W
Stars: L
Blues: W
Jets: L
Lightning: W
Sharks: W