GDT: 1/3/15 | Minnesota @ Dallas | 7PM CST | FS-N | FS-WI | FS-SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
If we didn't allow 7 goals but Kuemper had an Shutout, we would have won 1-0. It's all these close margins.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd like to see Yeo bench one of the underperforming vets. But we all know he doesn't have the balls for that.

It took him about 75 games before he scratched an obviously done Dany Heatley last year. You're dreaming if you think he is going to sit down a Pominville or Vanek.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lately, yes.

Having said that, he is one of the most lackluster, one way players I can recall seeing on the Wild at the price we're paying him. Havlatesque.

He is in no danger of being described by phrases like, " heart and soul of the team", " leaves it all on the ice", " plays each shift like it's his last".

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Lately, yes.

Having said that, he is one of the most lackluster, one way players I can recall seeing on the Wild at the price we're paying him. Havlatesque.

He is in no danger of being described by phrases like, " heart and soul of the team", " leaves it all on the ice", " plays each shift like it's his last".

And he never has been, even when he was 18 and winning National Championships. Anybody expecting him to come in and play the same style as Parise was either kidding themselves or had no idea who Vanek actually was.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Isn't that what a lot of us have been calling for? Someone who is pretty much a one-way player to go with our team of two-ways. A lot of people on here, myself included, asked for player like that.

Although I thought Vanek would be scoring more. I'm not even close to calling this a bad signing. He's finally producing, and according to Russo, become more of a leader as of late.

Vanek is Vanek, if you have watched him before he signed here you knew what we were getting.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
It's not so much his lack of defense as much as it is lack of foot speed. He slows the team down which makes them easier to play against. His skill can make up for it somewhat, but over time speed and skill will diminish, which is trouble.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
7 goals in 37 games, and he gets significant PP time? That's not my definition of a one way scoring machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad