GDT: 1/3/15 | Minnesota @ Dallas | 7PM CST | FS-N | FS-WI | FS-SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Im fully back on the FIRE YEO bandwagon... He's done. He lost the room.

The one thing Yeo prided his system on is covering the backend/defense and use what... we're trash back there now...

El Nino 22

May 3, 2014
Minnesota
Don't know if its been brought up (too depressed look through the whole GDT) but Stu Bickel amassed a whopping 39 PIM along with 1:29 seconds of ice time.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
FSN is talking about how the Wild got in late and giving tips on how to get a good nights rest. When to go to bed, when to wake up, take a walk to get yourself energized. I dont even know anymore hahahah
Sounds like FSN is making excuses. Did they also give tips on how to get energized based on the other countless games (including at home) where they've come out uninspired? :biglaugh:

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Don't know if its been brought up (too depressed look through the whole GDT) but Stu Bickel amassed a whopping 39 PIM along with 1:29 seconds of ice time.

In his one season with the Gophers he some how managed to rack up 92PIMS in 40 games. I don't even know how you can make that happen with no fighting in college hockey.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Good lord, 7-1???

Holy ****. Thank god I didn't watch this cause the GF wanted to spend time together.

I guess seeing this:

Seriously, Backs???

is all I need to know about the game.

This team is squandering all the hard work GMCF has put in to building it, all the respect it was starting to earn last year by playing like a team that's on the verge of becoming elite in last years playoffs, and the goodwill earned from the fans for those efforts.

I imagine if I'd watched this piece of crap I'd have gone off like a cannon during the third and dropped another curse filled rant.

Glad I didn't. I'm still in mandatory de-stress mode.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
2003-2004 season all over again.

Actually, this is much different than the 2003-2004 season because the Wild unexpectedly made the playoffs in 2002-2003, which caused a massive wrinkle in Riser's 5 years plan. It was also signaled the beginning of a long overdue rebuild that the Wild benefited from because of the lockout. This time, Minnesota really a) doesn't have anyone to trade at the deadline and b) doesn't benefit from having a lockout, where they can pick a top 5 player.

Neither Fletcher or Riser stuck to their plans and it's really causing these issues. After the half-season lockout, Minnesota went from careful rebuild to holy ****, we need to make the playoffs NOW regardless of what we have to give up for it and then promptly lost in the 1st round to a team they continue to struggle to beat.

I expect trades and an experienced coach this summer, Fletch.

You're not going to get a trade; who does Minnesota have to trade? Granlund? Minnesota has zero assets to move this summer. Vanek, Poms, Koivu, Parise and Suter all have NMC on their contracts. Coyle just re-signed as did el Nino and Zucker is the only one that looks like he gives a crap half the time, so why ship him out? Outside of that we got trash, trash and more trash.

Fletcher shares a lot of the blame for this because like Riser, he doesn't know how to develop prospects. We've had some success with guys like Zucker, Spurgeon and to some degree Fontaine but they were in the AHL for at least a year. He gave Yeo a thin roster with guys that didn't have to compete for their spots. His drafting in the last few years has been awful in the past few years. And he never changed the culture of this team. This team is showing the same problems they were having for years even under Lemaire. They simply cannot finish games or seasons.

And why wait until the off-season?

1/ Fire Yeo and bring in someone like Walz or who the hell cares.
2/ Bring in Mikko Koivu and tell him to submit a list of 6 teams he wants to be traded to. If he refuses, tell him he's going to be scratched for the rest of the season or demoted to the 3rd or 4th line. This season is already slipping away, who the hell cares if we bench the captain. And if we bench him, it should resonate that no one is safe. Play your hardest or you'll find yourself either out of the organization or 3rd/4th line.
3/ Demote Granlund and Haula, bring up Graovac and whoever else and rotate them out every few weeks to get them acclimated to the NHL.
4/ Get a top 5 pick and pray that it's a franchise changing center we need

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
tumblr_miadpnO4iR1rgz9z1o1_500.jpg

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Actually, this is much different than the 2003-2004 season because the Wild unexpectedly made the playoffs in 2002-2003, which caused a massive wrinkle in Riser's 5 years plan. It was also signaled the beginning of a long overdue rebuild that the Wild benefited from because of the lockout. This time, Minnesota really a) doesn't have anyone to trade at the deadline and b) doesn't benefit from having a lockout, where they can pick a top 5 player.

Neither Fletcher or Riser stuck to their plans and it's really causing these issues. After the half-season lockout, Minnesota went from careful rebuild to holy ****, we need to make the playoffs NOW regardless of what we have to give up for it and then promptly lost in the 1st round to a team they continue to struggle to beat.

You're not going to get a trade; who does Minnesota have to trade? Granlund? Minnesota has zero assets to move this summer. Vanek, Poms, Koivu, Parise and Suter all have NMC on their contracts. Coyle just re-signed as did el Nino and Zucker is the only one that looks like he gives a crap half the time, so why ship him out? Outside of that we got trash, trash and more trash.

Fletcher shares a lot of the blame for this because like Riser, he doesn't know how to develop prospects. We've had some success with guys like Zucker, Spurgeon and to some degree Fontaine but they were in the AHL for at least a year. He gave Yeo a thin roster with guys that didn't have to compete for their spots. His drafting in the last few years has been awful in the past few years. And he never changed the culture of this team. This team is showing the same problems they were having for years even under Lemaire. They simply cannot finish games or seasons.

2/ Bring in Mikko Koivu and tell him to submit a list of 6 teams he wants to be traded to. If he refuses, tell him he's going to be scratched for the rest of the season or demoted to the 3rd or 4th line. This season is already slipping away, who the hell cares if we bench the captain. And if we bench him, it should resonate that no one is safe. Play your hardest or you'll find yourself either out of the organization or 3rd/4th line.
3/ Demote Granlund and Haula, bring up Graovac and whoever else and rotate them out every few weeks to get them acclimated to the NHL.

I think you are way too negative and monday morning quarterback, but I'm to the point that I dont care what happens to the team. It's like, whatever. IMO, the season is lost because i have no faith in the team. We need high end players. Everyone else in the division gets them except us

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I think you are way too negative and monday morning quarterback, but I'm to the point that I dont care what happens to the team. It's like, whatever. IMO, the season is lost because i have no faith in the team. We need high end players. Everyone else in the division gets them except us

Different team, same results. I've been following this team for over 10 years and through correlations, you can see a pattern.

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota

I agree with most of this but there seems to be some inconsistency between, on the one hand, criticizing Fletcher for not developing prospects, and then on the other hand, advocating that we bring up Graovac.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I agree with most of this but there seems to be some inconsistency between, on the one hand, criticizing Fletcher for not developing prospects, and then on the other hand, advocating that we bring up Graovac.

Because we don't have anything else; kind of like Wanvig, Wallin and Foy

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
I watched up to the 3rd goal, skipped ahead and saw it ended in an embarassing 7-1. What a joke. Would be nice for this 70m/year team to show up and do their jobs once in a while.

After some reading, I went back and watched the melee that got Bickel booted. I'm still not entirely sure how the penalties were assigned. Can someone explain to me how the guy that got jumped by two players, clear as day, is the one that ended up with the instigator and ejection? I watched it three times from the Dallas feed and saw nothing that made any sense. Their announcers didn't even discuss it beyond the simple mention that it was happening.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014

I turned the game off after fourth goal, but this makes me more angry than the game itself. The team has played like **** for a month+. A game like this should really be a blessing. See the worst of your play, then change it. Losing like this doesn't make you worse, it reveals how bad you are. But they want to "forget it."

No. This is a microcosm of what's been wrong with the team for this stretch. Make them rewatch it. Twice. Figure out why you've been sucking and then stop sucking.

Vanek's quotation was the worst. Perfect example of being way too passive about absolutely everything.
Vanek said the Wild can’t overreact: “These are the games that you have to forget about, really. We lost our share, but most of those losses were late losses and nothing like this. It was a night where we didn't have it, which is unfortunate because it’s a team that’s chasing us. Now we’re chasing them.â€
Oh hey guys only this one's bad. The rest of the month we've only been losing by one late. **** that, a loss is a loss. USE this one to prevent it again. Forgetting it kills the opportunity to learn.

If I were Yeo, I'd tell everyone for the next 10 (or whatever) games, if you don't play well, look lazy, anything I don't like, in a single game you're benched for the next one. When the next guy sucks you can play in his place. Everyone should be benched at least once if they play like they have lately.
I know this is impossible but meh

I don't think a big trade is the answer. The roster is solid when they give a damn, and we saw how good they could be at the beginning of the year. Just have to get the guys to care. If that means firing Yeo, go for it.

And yeah, we're way too good adn have too good of a record already to have a prayer at McEichel. Nor do we have the pieces to trade up for either. Win goddamnit

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
If I were Yeo, I'd tell everyone for the next 10 (or whatever) games, if you don't play well, look lazy, anything I don't like, in a single game you're benched for the next one. When the next guy sucks you can play in his place. Everyone should be benched at least once if they play like they have lately.

I like the concept, but maybe not that extreme. Tell them they'll be moved down a line or playing time will be significantly decreased with the chance of being benched.

But you're right. I think we're at the point where you can't just forget about it.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'd like to see Yeo bench one of the underperforming vets. But we all know he doesn't have the balls for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig