GDT: 1/28: Guess Who's Back.. Boston Bruins vs. Florida Panthers 7pm ET NESN (HD), 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Exactly. I turned off my PM. It got crazy. People quoting me left and right. Timmy Thomas fans can defend him all they want,but it doesn't change what I said about him.

You called one of, if not the best goalie to pull on a Bruins sweater a "fraud".. the attention you got was warranted.

Afam*

If you're going to make a statement like that you better be prepared to back it up. Don't take the easy way out and ask people to stop responding. That's not standing by what you said at all.

i'm not going to response to people that are biased. Nothing you say to them, is going to change how they feel about timmy Thomas. I'm not going to waste my time and risk getting infracted. No Thanks.

Afam*

You called one of, if not the best goalie to pull on a Bruins sweater a "fraud".. the attention you got was warranted.

I really don't care. I know you're a supporter of tim Thomas so why should I take anything you say seriously. Give me one reason I should. I'm done responding to you. Trust me on that.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
If this team keeps playing this way it's gonna be a hell of a lot of fun this year. Krejci is on his game like I haven't seen since the playoffs.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
i'm not going to response to people that are biased. Nothing you say to them, is going to change how they feel about timmy Thomas. I'm not going to waste my time and risk getting infracted. No Thanks.

Guy, YOU are biased and YOU are never going to change your mind.

I get you don't like the guy, but a fraud he is not, he couldn't be any further from being a fraud. Maybe you don't know what fraud means?

member 96824

The ironing is delicious

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

What's the point of posting here if you won't respond when people disagree?

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I really don't care. I know you're a supporter of tim Thomas so why should I take anything you say seriously. Give me one reason I should. I'm done responding to you. Trust me on that.

Don't need to take my word for it:

thomas_both.jpg

Zdeno+Chara+Tim+Thomas+NHL+Awards+Show+A0_A5vL3uaPl.jpg

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
:laugh:

Pretty sure Thomas and the players still stay in contact.

Fans often picture players hating each other but aside from the 60 or so minutes they are on the ice most of them are friends.

Thorts said he's going to look for TT as soon as he's dressed. So yeah, absolutely.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
FYI: No goalie cares about the medical conditions of opposing players in their crease. Haha

And if they did in this situation he may not have known who was in his crease when it happened.

Either way-it was a dirty play-the penalty was called and the Bruins won the game and Yeti seems fine.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I couldn't care less what you guys say about me. I said Thomas is a Fraud and i stand by it . I don't blindly worship even if they once played for us. I hope Soderberg is okay. As for Timmy Thomas, I could careless about him. I'm done. Everyone stop quoting me please.

We know who the fraud is.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Shouldn't slash people in the face regardless....

Is that too much to get people to admit around here? Am I taking crazy pills?

Goalies, throughout time, have done a lot of less than nice things to players in the crease. A slash to the face being on the list. Look up Billy Smith for a history. Haha

Don't go in there... and you're safe.

Players do because that's where the goals are scored. But there is a price. That is accepted.

So sad. The basic, un-spoken, realities of ice hockey are almost forgotten in the new wuss-i-fied NHL.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Goalies, throughout time, have done a lot of less than nice things to players in the crease. A slash to the face being on the list. Look up Billy Smith for a history. Haha

Don't go in there... and you're safe.

Players do because that's where the goals are scored. But there is a price. That is accepted.

So sad. The basic, un-spoken, realities of ice hockey are almost forgotten in the new wuss-i-fied NHL.

You're absolutely right, slashing in the face is totally acceptable.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Two separate things happened:

1) TT called a fraud, which is absolutely false. Even though I didn't like the way it ended, TT was a huge part in winning a Cup, so that's what I try to remember about him.

2) Thomas took a swing at the head of a current B's player who was doing his job by going to the net. It doesn't matter that he happened to miss and that Yeti happened to be OK. Let me repeat...HE TRIED TO HIT HIM IN THE HEAD WITH HIS STICK. This is not OK, regardless of whether a player is going hard to the net late in a game after his team hung 6 on the goalie. I'm sure it was a complete spur of the moment reaction and TT didn't intend to do any permanent damage, but he definitely could have. Whether it's a fine or not, it should be reviewed by the league.

I am literally laughing out loud at the few people who are saying Soderberg should not be going to the net that late in the game. Are these the same people that thought he was a soft Swede? :laugh: I have no problem with TT defending his crease, but getting a blocker up and swinging a stick at a guy are two different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad