GDT: 1/28: Guess Who's Back.. Boston Bruins vs. Florida Panthers 7pm ET NESN (HD), 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I am not being biased at all. Let's say that wasn't Tim Thomas and it was Luongo or King Henrik, would you guys feel the same that it was no big deal? Swinging at someones head with their hockey stick..

Not suspendable does not mean totally okay with it.

It was a slash-it was a penalty-they called the penalty-so I'm satisfied with the call.

Not every dirty play is a suspension-that was a dirty play.

member 96824

I could care less what you guys say about me. I said Thomas is a Fraud and i stand by it . I don't blindly worship even if they once played for us. I hope Soderberg is okay. As for Timmy Thomas, I could careless about him. I'm done. Everyone stop quoting me please.

you couldn't care less

COULDN'T

COULD NOT.

as in, " I could not care any less"

COULDN'T

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
Was it a slash to the face......?

nope! but he used his blocker to an unfair advantage. and i gotta be honest man, i ****ing loved it.

i could be wrong, but all i saw was a swipe to yeti's bucket. no blood/lacerations/beheading as has been alluded to - sods will be fine, and i'd be less than shocked to see tuukka throw the odd shot or two on road ice down 4. what do we expect? its timmy.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Then just ****ing knock him down, hitting him in the face is reckless and stupid. It's a ****ing game and people are trying to make a livelihood. I do not care if Soderberg was fine- he has had concussion issues and can't see out of a ****ing eye. He does not need cheapshots potentially exacerbating the issue.

I doubt Thomas even knows who the **** Soderberg is or about his concussion and eye issues.
I doubt Thomas even thought there.. Carl skated into his crease with 4 seconds left, got into his space with some stickwork and he defended himself the way he's always done.

If you think Thomas was aiming to hit Carl with his stick in his face then I don't know what to tell you. But let's stop pretending he wound up and slit Carl's throat or something, Jesus. It REALLY is not that big of a deal.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I would just like to divert our attention away from TT for a moment, and remind you all how Sugah broke some ankles tonight with one nasty ass set of dangles.:laugh:

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I am not being biased at all. Let's say that wasn't Tim Thomas and it was Luongo or King Henrik, would you guys feel the same that it was no big deal? Swinging at someones head with their hockey stick..

It's another case of the Thomas die hards being insane with the Tim Thomas persecution complex. A guy just swung his stick at a member of the Boston Bruins' head, of course some of us are upset. They can bring up a million examples of how we're supposedly hypocrites, I could care less. I really don't remember any instances of personally defending any stick swinging around the head. I still love Tim Thomas for what he did for the Boston Bruins, but I understand that that there are some upset about the circumstances he left under (that's their right as Bruins fans) and I'm certainly not happy about what he did to Soderberg. Calling him a fraud is just silly though.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
You gotta admit though...this is amusing

Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 9m

*note; this statement from me does not entail any signal of support for one political leaning or another. I simply thought it was funny.

Thomas always had a good sense of humor.

Whether you agree with him politically or not it is a funny quote.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
Haha. People are funny. If Yeti doesn't get his stick in there TT doesn't react. But relax. Yeti can handle it. As usual, overblown.

this is key - just imagine:

we're down 4 on the road... vanek crashes tuukka with <1:00 remaining in regulation... and we know tuukka's hot. do we honestly think noone reacts? unprovoked punches to the mug count.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I doubt Thomas even knows who the **** Soderberg is or about his concussion and eye issues.
I doubt Thomas even thought there.. Carl skated into his crease with 4 seconds left, got into his space with some stickwork and he defended himself the way he's always done.

If you think Thomas was aiming to hit Carl with his stick in his face then I don't know what to tell you. But let's stop pretending he wound up and slit Carl's throat or something, Jesus. It REALLY is not that big of a deal.

Skating into crease=/= slash to the face. I'm not saying Thomas deserves supplementary discipline, but he absolutely does not deserve to be backed for what he did.

It is irrelevant if he (Soda) ok or not. He is literally a minor freak incident away from being blind in an eye. People should not be alright with him being cheapshotted in garbage time because he was DOING HIS JOB.

Afam*

It's another case of the Thomas die hards being insane with the Tim Thomas persecution complex. A guy just swung his stick at a member of the Boston Bruins' head, of course some of us are upset. They can bring up a million examples of how we're supposedly hypocrites, I could care less. I really don't remember any instances of personally defending any stick swinging around the head. I still love Tim Thomas for what he did for the Boston Bruins, but I understand that that there are some upset about the circumstances he left under (that's their right as Bruins fans) and I'm certainly not happy about what he did to Soderberg. Calling him a fraud is just silly though.

Exactly. I turned off my PM. It got crazy. People quoting me left and right. Timmy Thomas fans can defend him all they want,but it doesn't change what I said about him.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
nope! but he used his blocker to an unfair advantage. and i gotta be honest man, i ****ing loved it.

i could be wrong, but all i saw was a swipe to yeti's bucket. no blood/lacerations/beheading as has been alluded to - sods will be fine, and i'd be less than shocked to see tuukka throw the odd shot or two on road ice down 4. what do we expect? its timmy.

Like I said, no problem with a little goalie blocker action myself :laugh:

Hextalling legs is even alright in my books. It's just that when you start playing up high with your stick is when I personally start to have issues.

SmBoston

Dec 8, 2013
Bridgewater
Yeti is pushing till the buzzer, (which every coach tells their players to do). Thomas acts like.... well Thomas and reacts to it in his own fashion. Why is everyone so butthurt? No one is injured. Who cares. Sure Thomas brought the cup home for us, but hes gone. And left in a ****** way. Fans still have respect for him, but the past is the past....Lets concentrate on this years cup

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
I could care less what you guys say about me. I said Thomas is a Fraud and i stand by it . I don't blindly worship even if they once played for us. I hope Soderberg is okay. As for Timmy Thomas, I could careless about him. I'm done. Everyone stop quoting me please.

Stop saying some of the dumbest **** ever spewed on this board, and we will!

:teach:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Thorts just said after he scored Thomas said ..."you gotta be kidding me" and started to laugh.

:laugh:

I'm sure Shawny dangles gave him a little chirp at some point too.

Again, I will forever love Timmy- he is eccentric and I actually love that since I am pretty loony myself, but I just do not approve of the slash to Soda at all. Especially at that juncture in the game.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Thorts just said after he scored Thomas said ..."you gotta be kidding me" and started to laugh.

:laugh:

Pretty sure Thomas and the players still stay in contact.

Fans often picture players hating each other but aside from the 60 or so minutes they are on the ice most of them are friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad