GDT: 1/27/15 "Rev It Up" - Red Wings VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
As bad as last night felt, I feel like this team is now trending up.

I believe the team has a harder time to play offense than defense. Last night they saw they could play offense, just gotta tighten up defensively and no sloppy giveaways. The performance overall was an uptick from the last 4.

Everyone goes through schneids. It's up for the team to decide whether it kills them or they bounce back from it.

This was the BAD 5 game chunk. No need to say it's over. 15 games to get 22 puts them right back on pace.

They can do this. A 7 or 8 point set is just what the doctor ordered.

For the next 15 games, if the team goes 2 wins every 3 games, all will be well. And looking at the next 15, it's doable. Very doable actually. some of the heavy weights coming are either hurting (Nashville) or the team plays at home (Kings, Ducks, Blackhawks, Blues).

But the defense has been awful. Really awful. Minus the 3 PPG anomally, it's another 5-1 loss. Games will only be tougher from now on. CBJ will give us hope, or let us know once and for all next season is where its at.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
But the defense has been awful. Really awful. Minus the 3 PPG anomally, it's another 5-1 loss. Games will only be tougher from now on. CBJ will give us hope, or let us know once and for all next season is where its at.

I get that. But the team can play defensively, it's mind-numbingly bad turnovers that burn the team. And last night they only got outplayed for 10 Oddsome minutes.

CBJ doesn't have Bob then it's the devils. I expect, team needs to have both games. Then a split in New York then the saddle gets warm again.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Saw the highlights. Olsen is ****ing terrible. I'm really glad Barkov is starting to produce.

We're in for an extremely tough month...

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

I'm sorry but that is a weird way of looking at things. If Lou had been solid and Olsen not make that awful play, we win 1-0!

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Then how come when we don't score any PP goals we always say, "Wow, if we had just scored that 1 (or 2) powerplay goal(s) we would've won."

Do powerplay goals suddenly not matter now that we scored 3 in one game?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Then how come when we don't score any PP goals we always say, "Wow, if we had just scored that 1 (or 2) powerplay goal(s) we would've won."

Do powerplay goals suddenly not matter now that we scored 3 in one game?

This! It has to be either one or the other. It can't be both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad