Post-Game Talk: 1/25/13 - Wings beat Wild 5-3

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Im not saying he was a bad signing at all. But good gawd man..:madfire:

Im sure he is but when he was literally standing upright on that PK letting Todd completely screen Harding while hes puck watching.. That is just...ugh..

:shakehead

Yep, that was awful.

His puck skills are good, he can keep the puck in the zone very well, he has a good shot and he is solid defensively. That being said, he isn't as physical as he needs to be and there's just something... missing. Maybe it's a confidence issue. Hate to speculate, but it could be the lack of drive, too. Maybe his head isn't 100% in the game, because that's the way he looks like out there. All the ingredients are there, someone just forgot to put them together.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'd say that about several players on this team. The asinine MN fan response after 4 games from some people is comical.

They just look like they aren't clicking yet. I think the thing that bugs me is there doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency from a lot of the guys so far. If we're getting into games 10-12 and they're still playing like this, yeah by all means get stressed out and start crabbing about calling up players. Til then, settle the hell down. (Not directed specifically at you Talon)

I just want to see a bit of tinkering from Yeo is all.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
the good: Brodin
the bad: Harding
the ugly: Suter

for tonight.

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
meh, well done red diapers.... you capitalized your chances... I just hope our boys keep playing like they did, becouse that's the way to pla entertaining hockey + getting much more scoring chances. hope they fix that 2nd line and 1st pp. Granlund is way more better passer than koivu its not even funny, hopefully they give granny a chance to show his skills in 1stPP. over and out

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I just want to see a bit of tinkering from Yeo is all.

After tonight, I wouldn't be against that. I'm sure Yeo will fiddle with it and make a few adjustments.

I just think it's moronic for people to expect that a team that's been together for all of what, a little over two weeks? To gel. If that's the case might as well plan the Chicago parade now eh? Any loss is frustrating but cripes some of these posts are ridiculous. (again, not directed at you)

meh, well done red diapers.... you capitalized your chances... I just hope our boys keep playing like they did, becouse that's the way to pla entertaining hockey + getting much more scoring chances. hope they fix that 2nd line and 1st pp. Granlund is way more better passer than koivu its not even funny, hopefully they give granny a chance to show his skills in 1stPP. over and out

Sure, but how are you going to keep the other team from skating by and blowing on him to knock him over? I really like the kid but good gods I don't believe in, he gets knocked down more than PMB. I think Shephard stayed upright better than Granlund does and he was embarrassingly easy to knock off the puck. Hopefully he gets that figured out. That and has anyone kept track of how many times he gets kicked out of the FO circle? It's unreal. Wonder what he does that constantly gets him booted?

Last edited:

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Yeo said they're looking at the 2nd and 3rd line personnel ... Im sure we'll see something new or tweaked. Brodin was very impressive tonight btw if i didnt mention that before.

Should i drop Suter and pick up Brodin in fantasy? :sarcasm::help:

Anyways, im done for tonight. On to the blues.

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
After tonight, I wouldn't be against that. I'm sure Yeo will fiddle with it and make a few adjustments.

I just think it's moronic for people to expect that a team that's been together for all of what, a little over two weeks? To gel. If that's the case might as well plan the Chicago parade now eh? Any loss is frustrating but cripes some of these posts are ridiculous. (again, not directed at you)

Sure, but how are you going to keep the other team from skating by and blowing on him to knock him over? I really like the kid but good gods I don't believe in, he gets knocked down more than PMB. I think Shephard stayed upright better than Granlund does and he was embarrassingly easy to knock off the puck. Hopefully he gets that figured out. That and has anyone kept track of how many times he gets kicked out of the FO circle? It's unreal. Wonder what he does that constantly gets him booted?

ok Im not out yet, i thought i would be, but i guess I'm not... yeah granny is a featherweight little ****, but i think he still can give better passes when Wild is on PP, otherwise Koivu is much better on 5on5, but that's it... so yeah :D

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
how many times he gets kicked out of the FO circle? It's unreal. Wonder what he does that constantly gets him booted?

It's their tactics, doing it by purpose. MiG tries to cheat first then Cullen takes 2nd faceoffs

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
There were some bs penalties in this game. I'd give Dumba a shot over Falk after tonight. Cullen missed a wide open net and fell down a dozen times. Wild mostly stood around watching in the defensive zone, they looked gassed.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I think we need to shuffle lines at this point...4 games into the season and Koivu,Setoguchi, Brodziak, Clutterbuck and Cullen all haven't scored yet. Thats a problem. When Heatley and Parise are more than 50% percent of your offense thats a problem.

I think Granlund has looked great and maybe putting Heatley-Koivu-Granlund could work.

Parise is gonna score and produce no matter who he plays with. Play him with Butch and Cullen or Brodziak. We gotta spread the wealth.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I think we'll see some significant tinkering between the 2nd and 3rd lines. They're just not adding much of anything to the team. Here's my post-game, enjoy!

I would tend to agree with you. Cullen right now is horrible. Setoguchi's game physically is great but he usually gets more chances. Maybe spreading the wealth starts with splitting up that top line, I'm not sure but something has to be done to get some depth scoring.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
WMB saying Yeo got out coached. Where is the rolling eyes emoticon on here?
Well, it would have been nice to see him change the 2nd line on the fly. I don't know. Went over there to look and ended up reading the GDT.

MNSOTA.....girl....you know I love ya. But you damn well know that not everyone on this board is all rose colored glasses and sunshine and rainbows. I've been a negative Nancy many, many times and am far from the only one. :nod:

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I wouldn't mind seeing what Granlund could do on that first PP unit. I think I'd rather see him use that lethal wrester from the circle first though..he hasn't shown that he wants to unleash shots from there yet. Neither has Koivu. That needs to change.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Oh yeah and Brodin looked GREAT. This kid is our number 3-4 defenseman for the rest of the season. Will there be growing pains..well yes there will be. But he is ready for 18-21 minutes a night with some PP time. I think he's here for good and can't wait to watch him for the next 10 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad