Post-Game Talk: 1/25/13 - Wings beat Wild 5-3

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Suter should not be allowed on the ice unless we're on the PP w/ the way hes playing

Visiting DRW fan to the Minnesota board. I was just wondering what you are thinking of Suter? What are your impressions? How is he playing without Weber? What kind of partner is he getting?

Sorry, when i watch the game I am usually watching my own defensemen (and mumbling lol).

P.S. Parise is playing great for you guys.
P.P.S. Way too many penalties this game, only half were real, would much have preferred more 5on5.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I can't believe people are already calling for Suter's head.

I mean, he hasn't been the greatest defender ever or anything, but look at who he's gone from and where he is now.

He played under a very, very structured system for seven seasons. Seven full length seasons. With a constant Norris candidate in Shea Weber. And a Vezina-caliber goalie year after year in Pekka Rinne.

Now he's playing with either Spurgeon or Gilbert. Neither of which are even in the same solar system as Weber. Backstrom and Harding are nowhere close to Rinne, either. And the guy is still adjusting to a brand new system with absolutely nobody that he's played with before, aside from Parise, who he's had a grand total of, what, 20 games with before this season?

Give the dude some leeway. He's working his ass off. Just watch the game and you can tell.

Of course he could be playing better, but damn. Slow down on the witch hunts.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Visiting DRW fan to the Minnesota board. I was just wondering what you are thinking of Suter? What are your impressions? How is he playing without Weber? What kind of partner is he getting?

Sorry, when i watch the game I am usually watching my own defensemen (and mumbling lol).

P.S. Parise is playing great for you guys.
P.P.S. Way too many penalties this game, only half were real, would much have preferred more 5on5.
Suter is struggling. Nerves, adjusting to a new partner....whatever it is. He's just struggling. But it's too soon to tell how this will play out. Some people have patience. Some people don't. This short season is gonna make us all crazy.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
detroit is a bad team, period...

Minnesota was better team but that's hockey....

Howard saved their bacon...

Our board is pretty much scarred crappless of more than half our defensemen whenever they touch the puck LOL. Our D is pretty bad. We really are running out of talent back there!

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Still haven't played a quality 60-minute game. Goaltending didn't help us tonight, wouldn't say it was the only difference but we need/expect better. Still nothing ES from the 2nd/3rd lines. Can't give it much longer without trying something else. Very nice debut for Brodin, I would say its going to be nice not seeing that Falk/Prosser pairing every night but then again they're not the ones getting scored on all the time.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Suter and Parise have definitely been worth a combined $15M so far this season.

Now, $14M of that has been earned by Parise, but still...

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
impressive stats..

CATEGORY MIN DET
POWER PLAYS 1/8 2/5
HITS 5 21
FACEOFF WINS 33 35
GIVEAWAYS 6 12
TAKEAWAYS 2 6
BLOCKED SHOTS 5 24

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Our board is pretty much scarred crappless of more than half our defensemen whenever they touch the puck LOL. Our D is pretty bad. We really are running out of talent back there!
Weird. That's the same way we feel about our D. :laugh:

Suter may struggle all year. I wouldn't be surprised. That's fine with me, he's going to be a rock after this year, if not sooner.
Agreed. I won't deny the fact that it may take some time for him to adjust. But I fail to understand anyone panicking or throwing him under the bus completely. It may require some patience, but it's gonna pay off.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
The whole team was pretty mediocre at best even strength, top line excellent on the PP, that's about it. Second line is terrible. Third line is decent but I'd rather Butch play up.

Suter is just playing awful in the defensive zone. Good on the PP, just terrible in his end.

Brodin looked way better than like it was his first game. I saw one mistake, that's about it. I can see him playing 25-30 minutes within a month.

We need to send down Kassian or send Dumba back to juniors and call up Zucker or Coyle. Just someone other than Cullen or Seto on that second line, it's so awful.

Harding was pretty weak tonight as well. Are we going to rip him for the next three days like we ripped Backstrom?

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Give the dude some leeway. He's working his ass off. Just watch the game and you can tell.

Of course he could be playing better, but damn. Slow down on the witch hunts.

Im not saying he was a bad signing at all. But good gawd man..:madfire:

Im sure he is but when he was literally standing upright on that PK letting Todd completely screen Harding while hes puck watching.. That is just...ugh..

:shakehead

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Harding was pretty weak tonight as well. Are we going to rip him for the next three days like we ripped Backstrom?

Even though I wanted a goalie switch after the 4th goal, I still can't really blame Harding for much. I'm personally not going to be calling for his head.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Suter and Parise have definitely been worth a combined $15M so far this season.

Now, $14M of that has been earned by Parise, but still...

real value of their deal is not productivity IMO, it's the credibility of the system in long view

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Suter's been fine... he's still adjusting.

I'd say that about several players on this team. The asinine MN fan response after 4 games from some people is comical.

They just look like they aren't clicking yet. I think the thing that bugs me is there doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency from a lot of the guys so far. If we're getting into games 10-12 and they're still playing like this, yeah by all means get stressed out and start crabbing about calling up players. Til then, settle the hell down. (Not directed specifically at you Talon)

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Im not saying he was a bad signing at all. But good gawd man..:madfire:

Im sure he is but when he was literally standing upright on that PK letting Todd completely screen Harding while hes puck watching.. That is just...ugh..

:shakehead
And I can agree with that as well. It's confusing with all the venting on here right now at who is just criticizing him for the game vs. who is questioning the move. Still can't believe one person asked to trade him. Unless it was sarcasm, but didn't see a smilie, so.....

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I took that "trade" request as sarcasm.

Me saying Suter had an awful game is not the same as saying he's an awful defenseman or an awful signing. I think we're all smart enough to differentiate that. Not just from me, but from everyone being critical (or complimentary) of anyone.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'd say that about several players on this team. The asinine MN fan response after 4 games from some people is comical.

They just look like they aren't clicking yet. I think the thing that bugs me is there doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency from a lot of the guys so far. If we're getting into games 10-12 and they're still playing like this, yeah by all means get stressed out and start crabbing about calling up players. Til then, settle the hell down. (Not directed specifically at you Talon)

I'm agreeing with this. While it is a shorten season. Good lord, its 4 games and 3 practices these guys have played together. How good would you do? Capitals haven't even won a game yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad