Post-Game Talk: 1-24-3: Jets win

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
You know since the Jets have basically known they were not going to make the playoffs the 2 guys that have , to me anyway , not given up and playing hard every game is Scheifele and Big Buff !! I think one of those two should be are next captain and assistant , they are both leaders on the ice and both love playing for the Jets , Scheifele said the other day he wants to be a Jet for life . :handclap:

its good to hear that Schife wants to stay and hopefully a long term deal (7 or 8 years) gets done this summer. If it does I would be pretty shocked if he doesn't have an "A" on his jersey next Oct. I think Wheeler will get the "C".

Agree that Schife and Buff have been out there every shift and the other guy that I think has really been giving a great effort every night is Copp. I think he has been progressing nicely and could be a solid 4th line center for the future.

Good entertaining game. I know that for the good of the team we want the earliest possible pick but watching winning hockey is just so much better.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The only guy who looked lost and useless out there on that line was Scoreburn...

Horrible, listless, mindless effort by him tonight...

Even Buff gave him **** :shakehead

I hope Thorbs gave it back to him for that stupid pinch he made on the first goal against. Buff probably had like a 5% chance to get that puck. Skating towards a guy like Duchene is never a good idea at the offensive blueline.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Jets two best players were their best players tonight!

Wheeler has looked off for for the last ten games, is he hurt?

Feel for Perreault forced to play with do-nothing's Burmi and Dano

Lowry line was good!

LOL so Dano's already a do nothing?

OK :laugh:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Guess he sucked then :laugh:

I thought Burmistrov looked really good last night, but the fancy stats say different so I guess I'm wrong again :D

He had good, he had bad. There was more bad than good. They got hemmed in for a few shifts. But no goals were scored. It is what it is.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
It's funny how there are so many different views on a player in one game. I understand being at the game and watching it on TV you can get two different views but if a player has a good game why is there a need to call him down.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
No I mean he sucked in all the pucks. Like a vacuum. Lol He gave up almost no rebounds all night.

Guess I should have been more clear. :laugh:

Haha. I see that I misunderstood your post. In my defense, I had my fair share of adult beverages last night.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
On the broadcast they had some interesting stat lines for PAV.. it was his numbers against about 7 or 8 teams, One being Colorado who he has owned his whole career, The guy is like 9-3-1 vs Colorado with a GAA under 2. Can't remember who the other teams were but like i said 7 or so other teams other than Colorado who PAV has pretty damn impressive numbers against. Maybe just play him against those teams lol.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
On the broadcast they had some interesting stat lines for PAV.. it was his numbers against about 7 or 8 teams, One being Colorado who he has owned his whole career, The guy is like 9-3-1 vs Colorado with a GAA under 2. Can't remember who the other teams were but like i said 7 or so other teams other than Colorado who PAV has pretty damn impressive numbers against. Maybe just play him against those teams lol.

They shown them yesterday during the game. There were 4 teams ... Avs was #1. The Sharks was another and I can't remember the other 2 teams.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I missed 100% of the game. Maybe that's why we were able to come back and win our first come from behind game. Makes me think I should miss the next game. But then again, wins don't help with our draft pick.

Still good to see that monkey off the back. Now I think we have won 2 come from behind games in 2 years! Woo Hoo!

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Coming late to the after party...

Maybe this was mentioned earlier but I have to bring up something I thought I heard on the post-game panel discussion. I say thought I heard because alcohol was having an influence on my perception.

They were talking about the Wild and Avalanche being in a fight for a playoff spot, and I swear Nick Kypreos made a comment to the effect, let's consider the opposite happening, where the Wild won and the Avalanche lost. This was followed by another panel member gently mentioning that that is what actually happened, and then they moved on.

Did anyone else see this? Holy crap Nick, did you get punched too many times?

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Coming late to the after party...

Maybe this was mentioned earlier but I have to bring up something I thought I heard on the post-game panel discussion. I say thought I heard because alcohol was having an influence on my perception.

They were talking about the Wild and Avalanche being in a fight for a playoff spot, and I swear Nick Kypreos made a comment to the effect, let's consider the opposite happening, where the Wild won and the Avalanche lost. This was followed by another panel member gently mentioning that that is what actually happened, and then they moved on.

Did anyone else see this? Holy crap Nick, did you get punched too many times?

Yep, that did happen. He is one seriously confused individual. He talked himself into that mistake too. Took him a while to make it

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
One game sample, it happens.

You get trapped once for a real bad shift and it can eff your Corsi for the game.
Really I'd look at minimum of 10 games for trends.

Its roughly 10 games that I have seen a big change in Burmi's play. I think that change should show in his Corsi. The difference that I saw was instead of skating around with the puck until he eventually lost it he started shooting a bit more but more importantly he also started passing a lot more. Both should lead to more SA. Do you have any data that would reflect that change? His Corsis could still be negative for all I know but I would expect much less so unless at the same time he started allowing more SA against as well.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't care what the tankers thought, that win last night was awesome. We had three cocky Avs fans in front of us all game talking trash to everyone with the lead. When the Jets scored that second and third goal they sure got quiet. Some old man from a few rows up limped down and offered them all a kleenex (not kidding). Everyone clapped. Hahaha! :laugh:

As a disappointed tanker, I love that story.

After McLeod's stupidity I was (almost) glad to win that one. :) Thoroughly enjoyed that game in spite of the 2 points. If the Avs miss the POs I will credit that game for it. Take that Cody you *******! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad