GDT: 1/23/16 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
detroit loss so not as bad as might have been tonight:) got to take what positives you can when some goalie plays like that hats off to luo was impressive

Not that I like relying on others but yeah, tonight it was good, guess we should be thanking 'Jonas' for his help since it meant that ANA wasn't on a second of a b2b tonight (they were suppose to play against WASH on Friday but it go cancelled due to the storm).

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
How come you don't want to give credit to Florida? They have a pretty good team this year. This isn't the fluke team that made the playoffs because of shootouts like they did a few years ago. This is actually a pretty solid team.

Lol I will give them credit for being good this year but they aren't a powerhouse nor were they amazing tonight. Luongo was. I know it's e-respect to say "gotta give them credit!" but our last game against Edmonton was the same as this. There was no huge difference other than a few bad breaks within 20 mins (and yeah that's hockey it happens) but there's plenty of times where breaks don't entirely go your way. Hedman blocks Coburn. Hedman redirects one. Another is a pop fly in which the light blinded Ben apparently like an outfielder. It was some of the biggest flukes all year. Sure they out worked us for 20-25 mins but to say they're a powerhouse is premature and I'm not going to say tonight they deserved it. The one they won on OT? Sure. Tonight? Not to me. We beat ourselves like Edmonton beat themselves against us.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
i dont want any canadian teams in the playoff. Oh how much the nhl would panic lolol

I dunno, we play really well against the Habs and I would much rather face them in the PO than say Boston or Washington.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
I dunno, we play really well against the Habs and I would much rather face them in the PO than say Boston or Washington.

I agree, but in overall i just dont want any lol. But price can get hot and for some reason tampa loves to give goals to dale wiese. He pretty much made his career against tampa lol

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Lol I will give them credit for being good this year but they aren't a powerhouse nor were they amazing tonight. Luongo was. I know it's e-respect to say "gotta give them credit!" but our last game against Edmonton was the same as this. There was no huge difference other than a few bad breaks within 20 mins (and yeah that's hockey it happens) but there's plenty of times where breaks don't entirely go your way. Hedman blocks Coburn. Hedman redirects one. Another is a pop fly in which the light blinded Ben apparently like an outfielder. It was some of the biggest flukes all year. Sure they out worked us for 20-25 mins but to say they're a powerhouse is premature and I'm not going to say tonight they deserved it. The one they won on OT? Sure. Tonight? Not to me. We beat ourselves like Edmonton beat themselves against us.

Nobody's calling them a powerhouse. Their advanced stats are still bad which tells me they are fortunate overall, but they took us to the woodshed tonight and deserved a big win. The shot totals in the 2nd were absurd. Throw out the score effects in the 3rd. Not like the Edmonton game at all where we were flaccid all game.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Nobody's calling them a powerhouse. Their advanced stats are still bad which tells me they are fortunate overall, but they took us to the woodshed tonight and deserved a big win. The shot totals in the 2nd were absurd. Throw out the score effects in the 3rd. Not like the Edmonton game at all where we were flaccid all game.

Go to the previous page hoek...that's what I was referring to.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

Yeah. They bent us over their knee in the second. We got dominated. By a team on the second half of a back to back. They looked good. The goals we let in were kinda flukey, sure, but that's a good team we played tonight.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
This would have been a great game to try and pull a head a bit since we now have 4 days off until next one, oh well, hopefully the team learned something from this and tries to figure out what went wrong in the 2nd.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This would have been a great game to try and pull a head a bit since we now have 4 days off until next one, oh well, hopefully the team learned something from this and tries to figure out what went wrong in the 2nd.

Four days off but a very strong third to build off of. Don't think there will be too much head hanging - if they came out with no energy and played like crap I'd be more worried.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Tell ya what - just going to end the discussion and let whoever does what they do do what they do.

Bish got screwed tonight. But hell, love to see the Flobros doing well. Hope we get to play them in the playoffs.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Well I slept through the game because I'm still hella sick but based on this GDT page I'm just going to delete it off the DVR. Let's all just chill and hope they win the next one

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Honestly I love trash talking the Panthers as much as anyone but I save it for Twitter and BP. :P

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Probably my favorite 5-2 loss of all time.

I think this is one where you just have to shrug it off. 2nd period went bad. But the 3rd period was really fun. I was/am so down on Coop, but there are times when I'm all for the unorthodox. Loved the 10:40 pull. Made things exciting.

Overall though, despite the loss, the team looked like they'll be contending for the Atlantic, at least.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
9ReRvb8.png

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Sucks the streak ended against a team we're trying to catch but if we can get back to winning ways on Wednesday it's not a big deal. Went to bed after the second period, always nice to see TJ Brown getting a goal. :laugh:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Did Florida's PbP guy really say that they swept us this year? Dude, we just beat you like 5 days ago.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Kinda glad to see this streak end. Gives us a chance to reset to kick Toronto's teeth in before the break haha.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Did Florida's PbP guy really say that they swept us this year? Dude, we just beat you like 5 days ago.

Florida leads 2-1-1 by my terminology, and since Tampa is the one with three homes, even a 2-2-1 finish means Florida kinda/sorta wins the season series. Even still, you're right and, truly, even the NHL doesn't recognize shootout wins as "real" wins, so neither should anyone else. That the Lightning should've won straight-up the game that went to a shootout is, of course, a different (irritating) discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad