GDT: 1/21/13 "Sensing Victory" - Panthers VS Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
havent read this thread, but my .02 is we were out worked and were not nearly physical enough on defense. when the team is in your zone all night you have to punish them along the boards. with guds out we dont have that tough presence on defense. well need guds and petro before id say we are a tough team on defense. games like that make me really not care for weaver

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Weiss looks so uninterested so far. I know it's very early, but I think there's a fair chance he might not even be on our team in the next year.

I disagree. Weiss has been involved, he just hasn't been effective. He was in front of the net last night, battling for loose change, he still plays well defensively. He looks fatigued. He might be not trying his hardest, but I think it's more likely that he's still sick. Lazy doesn't sound like Weiss. I don't know what he has, it has to be non-contagious because he's been with the team the whole time, if it's similar to what I have right now, post nasal drip then I commend him for even being out there. I'm absolutely miserable right now and I couldn't even imagine going and playing in a street hockey game right now let alone in NHL games.

If Weiss is not on our team next season, then we better find a good replacement for him or things will get really ugly. I see a lot of people don't mind him being replaced, but I have yet to see any names of who would be taking his spot.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
A truly putrid performance.

Lots of rust, Theo kept us in the game or could have been easily 3-0 at the end of the first.

I'm not sure how good this team is with Bergenheim, Goc, and Versteeg out.

Weiss looks subpar right now. So does Flash.

Kulikov, Ellerby, and Campbell had horrible turnovers.

2nd line was invisible too.

Moving on to the next game.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If Weiss is not on our team next season, then we better find a good replacement for him or things will get really ugly. I see a lot of people don't mind him being replaced, but I have yet to see any names of who would be taking his spot.

How bout a possible trade if Weiss does want to leave for some odd reason we dont know about for Ryan Getzlaf from the ducks. I know he would command 6-7$ million but he's capable of #1 Center duties, big bodied passer who can get 65-85 pts. Even if its not a trade, I feel Tallon should inquire about Getzlaf as he's a UFA this summer. Just a fantasy maybe but he would bring leadership, points and that #1 center role we havent had in ever???

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
How bout a possible trade if Weiss does want to leave for some odd reason we dont know about for Ryan Getzlaf from the ducks. I know he would command 6-7$ million but he's capable of #1 Center duties, big bodied passer who can get 65-85 pts. Even if its not a trade, I feel Tallon should inquire about Getzlaf as he's a UFA this summer. Just a fantasy maybe but he would bring leadership, points and that #1 center role we havent had in ever???

Wouldn't be opposed.

CoolburnIsGone

Getzlaf is one of my favorite players, would be thrilled if he became a Panther. Ain't holding my breath, though.
Nobody should get their hopes up or hold their breath on Getzlaf. When the name "Parise" was brought up this past summer between Tallon, Viner, and the hockey people, the idea was quickly squashed as he was going to be took expensive because he'd be over $7M in salary. The same is gonna go for Getzlaf because nothing has changed since summer except we just went thru a long lockout with no revenue coming in.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Nobody should get their hopes up or hold their breath on Getzlaf. When the name "Parise" was brought up this past summer between Tallon, Viner, and the hockey people, the idea was quickly squashed as he was going to be took expensive because he'd be over $7M in salary. The same is gonna go for Getzlaf because nothing has changed since summer except we just went thru a long lockout with no revenue coming in.

Getzlaf is a type of player that brings in revenue though, hes got the superstar quality and we have cap room to play with. I just feel we need that one superstar talent on this team that can fill seats and be that true #1 center. Just a pipe dream for now but we got to focus on getting back to the playoffs this year.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Getzlaf is a type of player that brings in revenue though, hes got the superstar quality and we have cap room to play with. I just feel we need that one superstar talent on this team that can fill seats and be that true #1 center. Just a pipe dream for now but we got to focus on getting back to the playoffs this year.

We would only go after him if Weiss bolts, so likely cost 2 mil more than Weiss.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Don't think Getzlaf would leave Anaheim for Florida. Could see him going to a more traditional hockey market so he can be at the center of attention in his prime. I'm becoming more and more okay with Weiss leaving, if it happens. I like him but I just don't think we'll be a true contender until he's replaced as our 1C. I'd maybe be ok with him as a 2nd, def 3rd liner but he's undersized and he's not going to be any better than he already has been.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad