GDT: 1/21/13 "Sensing Victory" - Panthers VS Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erick*

Hopefully Clemmensen is sharp to start the season like Theodore has been.
Montreal kinda sucks so no excuses.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Wow, that was a punch to the gut, painful to watch the first 35mins of that game. Once again Theodore played his part and no blame should go his way.

Weiss and Flash had a terrible night as well as our PP, wow that was two different units playing Saturday and tonight.

Hopefully they use the game as a wake up call, plan for Montreal, gain back some momentum, get 2pts, rest up and hopefully dominate the sens Thursday at home.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Coming into the game, I didn't have very high expectations but was hoping they'd pull past the 7-0-1 record that Anderson had against us lifetime. Now, he can add an eighth win. Just one of those games that you want to put behind you and not look back.

I feel bad for Theodore. Once again, he stood on his head to keep us into the game. Problem is, we didn't show up until towards maybe the end of the 2nd period. The 3rd overall seemed pretty impressive, but by then as usual, it was too little too late and Anderson played outstanding. The best forwards for us tonight that I noticed were Skille and Matthias, but for the most part everyone else looked flat-footed. Kulikov apparently thought that he was still in Russia and Ellerby besides trying to get some momentum with that big hit and fighting Neil, made some horrible decisions.

On the bright side, we swept Montreal last season and maybe putting in Clemmer tomorrow will change the momentum a bit.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Man if Theodore continues this play all season were set on goaltending. Kuba is looking horrible so far. I'd much rather have Startchan.

I worry Kuba will become what Ballard is in Vancouver to us. We already have 1 of those guys in Jovanoski. We can't afford to have another one.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Also: Other people weren't kidding, and we all knew this anyway or at least expected it -- but Kovalev looked flat out terrible. So did the rest of the team though, so is it fair to point him out?

Erick*

Kuba wasn't that bad tonight. I mean, he's really slow, but I don't even think he was on the ice on any of the goals against. He might've been on their powerplay goal, not sure.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Even Campbell looked lost. Too many giveaways and the puck just seemed to bounce Ottawas' way the whole night.

If kovi needs a night off, what do you think of putting Matthias centering Mueller and Huberdeau?? Matthias was the only player able to skate the puck into the offensive zone tonight and he is deceptively fast for a big boy.

Erick*

Sounds like Shore is playing tomorrow night. Let him center Huberdeau's line, see what happens!

Holy Jokinen

Mar 4, 2007
Tampa
Also: Other people weren't kidding, and we all knew this anyway or at least expected it -- but Kovalev looked flat out terrible. So did the rest of the team though, so is it fair to point him out?

Was kinda waiting for this to come up. I think the whole team was horrible. Nothing was clicking, no passes connecting.... Just overall ****** game. Hoping this was the fluke, and not that first period of Game 1.

Kovalev WILL have his ups and downs, probably more extreme than anyone else. But we should be able to survive that relatively unscathed. It's guys like Weiss and Flash looking completely lost for 120 minutes that has me pretty concerned.

Sir Purr

Jan 19, 2013
Not really. We caught Carolina flat footed in the first and after they found their legs it was the same as this game. Brutal.

We capitalized on opportunities, we didn't do that tonight. That and we gave effort all game defensively which was totally absent tonight.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
We came out flat against a team we always have trouble with at their first home game of the season. As long as we win tomorrow, things will be fine. We need to hover around .500 until we can get Goc, Bergie, and Versteeg back. It will be nice to have guds too.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

Yeah he was horrible... But Kulikov was our worst defenseman and Campbell wasn't any good either.

Don't get too high, don't get too low.

Horrible game by the WHOLE TEAM !

Move on. See ya all tomorrow in Montreal.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
If we played the whole game like we did the first 10-15 mins of the 3rd, we might have had a chance to get a point out of this game.

Jovo's coverage was brutal, Kovalev only had 1 good play the entire game, Mueller and Huberdeau were fighting the puck all night, Weiss played awful, Flash was mediocre, skille and matthias were our best forwards.

If anyone sits tomorrow it should be Santorelli, he's officially not good enough to play in the NHL right now. Send him to the Devils so Deboer can do whatever he did to make him good.

Kuba doesn't really bother me that much. Sure, he's slow but he's decent at moving the puck and does what he's supposed to in the defensive zone.

I thought Kulikov played pretty decent, outside of that stupid move that resulted in the 3rd goal.

Theo played great, no complaints.

Final thought: Huberdeau needs to move his feet faster and more often. He seems to be too nonchalant sometimes.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
On a positive note really impressed with mathias and ellerby tonight. Both made there presence felt positively. Where was weiss and flash tonight?

I cant understand why breakaways and scoring chances always end up on the stick of Kopecky. Of all of our guys he is the last one who I want having a breakaway.

Santorelli is a waste of a roster space. Isn't jason arnott still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad