GDT: 1/21/13 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Islanders

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I'm beginning to think Salo was a much better signing then I thought it would be. He's just so calm. It's odd looking at our defense in it's own zone not panicking or scrambling all over the place.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Salo is amazing out there. We started off pretty poorly, but we're tightening up a bit. We're giving a few too many rushes, though.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I'm beginning to think Salo was a much better signing then I thought it would be. He's just so calm. It's odd looking at our defense in it's own zone not panicking or scrambling all over the place.

Both him and Carle are very poised on the puck. It's nice to have the mobility that Carle has and he'll be a great puck mover for our 2nd PP.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Both him and Carle are very poised on the puck. It's nice to have the mobility that Carle has and he'll be a great puck mover for our 2nd PP.

I'm forced to admit that SFY is probably a better GM than I would be. I hated the Carle signing. Granted that it's a small sample size, but he looks better than I remember.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Salo was a great signing provided he can stay healthy. That's always been his issue
Disagree about carle being a great puck mover. Especially on the PP he makes risky passes/clears that end up costing the team time off the ice or gives the PKers a chance at a breakaway.

A good example of him making risky passes/clears was right before the islanders almost had a goal. He tried to spin around and clear it instead of just hitting it out. He makes that play too often

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Another PP. Puck movement was great on the last one. They're shading to Stammer pretty hard, I wouldn't mind seeing Marty let off a one-timer to keep them honest.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Salo was a great signing provided he can stay healthy. That's always been his issue

Disagree about carle being a great puck mover. Especially on the PP he makes risky passes/clears that end up costing the team time off the ice or gives the PKers a chance at a breakaway.

A good example of him making risky passes/clears was right before the islanders almost had a goal. He tried to spin around and clear it instead of just hitting it out. He makes that play too often

I was more referring to his ability to skate with the puck out of our zone, not his ability to pass the puck. We had no defensemen last year capable of doing so on the PP.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

For what we've been having in last years, he's a great puck-mover :laugh::laugh:

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
You can tell the difference Lindback has on our team this year compared to last year; our team has much more confidence in our goaltending and we aren't playing a defensive shell trying to block every shot in fear of conceding goals.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
PP was... okay. We got some good shots off, but seemed a little disorganized. Lindback played REALLY well this period, and better than the Caps game. Our D has largely been good, but we were caught just skating around a bit in the last couple of minutes.

Our forwards are looking a little rusty. A lot of times they're getting caught offside, or coughing up the puck right after they enter the zone. Still, like the way we played. We weathered the early storm. The game is the type that looks like there's a good chance of it getting out of hand score wise... a lot of rushes.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I wonder if Brett Clark still has nightmares about Malkin okie-dokin' him. Must be nice to get refresher replays EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad