Post-Game Talk: 1/20/18 | Canucks 2 @ Oilers 5

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
The mental gymnastics for every post like this in this thread :help:

Yep. Every good move is a “steal!!!!”, every bad move is “no big deal”. And yet here we are, with a team that gets schooled by a struggling Oilers squad and a prospect pool that needs to hit on 80% of its pieces to have any hope for the near-future.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Edler was brutal defensively. Only made one good play on the 2-on-1's he faced. Just simply doesn't have a high hockey IQ.

The Stecher pinches were horrible as well. This defense is one of the weakest groups I can ever remember watching.
...and Pouliot/MDZ letting Khaira walk right in, and MDZ turning away from a scoring chance in the O-zone, and...etc etc etc.

Game after game I'm seeing players walking right in on our goalies, odd man rushes out of nowhere, and penetration is far, far too easy in their own zone. The defense and team defense is swiss cheese.

Ugh.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
Lol...I have been searching for that clip for ages....Proper insult..throwing gum at the ref....It was at the end of a playoff series,if Im not mistaken.
The great thing is this was not the celebrated incident from 1992 in Edmonton. This was Quinn 's sequel in the gum throwing saga. The original (as far as documented tracking goes) is here:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad