GDT: 1, 2, 3, Go Pens Go - Game 3 Penguins @ Philly @ 15:00EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Columbus would push him around too. I'm just not a believer.

Sid and the kids line dominated vs Jackets last playoffs. Granted that was more Sid/Guentzel than Sheary, but Sheary was a part of that line during that series and that line totally dominated.

Sheary has had good series before. He was excellent against the Rangers and Sharks in our first cup run. Sucked vs Washington/Tampa. Last year he was pretty much bad throughout. But Sharks were/are a big team, and he did fine. He has it in him to contribute I think.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
still too early to say this, if Murray is close to his level they can easily come out the Metro, I think they are playing better than last year against CBJ, they were riding crazy PDO and hot MAF...

Honestly, I’d rather have the PDO and the crazy shooting percentage back than all the possession and Corsi stats in the world...we’ve had below average PDO and shooting % all year...the name of the game is getting more goals than your opponent, not how you look or how much you dominate doing so....

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Honestly, I’d rather have the PDO and the crazy shooting percentage back than all the possession and Corsi stats I need the world...we’ve had below average PDO and shooting % all year...the name of the game is getting more goals against your opponent, not how you look or how much you dominate doing so....
well no shit we'd prefer the PDO and higher shooting % :laugh:

Reactions: BHD

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I lost any hope that he will flip the switch in POs, he is not skating, he is not engaged, loses just about every puck battle..He was doing all those things first half of the season, then we thought he would flip the switch in playoffs...he still may be useful, but he CANNOT carry the line anymore, stick him with Geno or Sid...

He's definitely hurt I think.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He's definitely hurt I think.

w7rx3ch528wz.gif

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
If Penguins would have score on the PP , Crosby’s score on his chances , big timely momentum saves by Murray , better D , Not lackluster effort and heavy attack against Flyers silly trap then this series would be 2-0
Flyers got those breaks, favorable officiating and some okay goaltending. It all went right for them, won't happen in game 3.

Penguins needs to be better all facet of the games as unit on the ice. Shoot the puck . Better transition game where forwards and D are supporting one another . No bad pinching. Better face off wins .
Defense , Big game time energy , 5 man unit, healthy players and Awareness is the key for this team this playoffs. Scoring over 5 -6 goals a game .Also Murray being a better goalie who can steals games regardless in front of him..

Lets Go Pens!

I suspect DeSmith in the net..

Game 3 and 4 is important wins followed by win in game 5..

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Sid and the kids line dominated vs Jackets last playoffs. Granted that was more Sid/Guentzel than Sheary, but Sheary was a part of that line during that series and that line totally dominated.

Sheary has had good series before. He was excellent against the Rangers and Sharks in our first cup run. Sucked vs Washington/Tampa. Last year he was pretty much bad throughout. But Sharks were/are a big team, and he did fine. He has it in him to contribute I think.

Not in the D zone. They were terrible.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Part of me think the players (going by the quotes) will get the job done while the other (going by my gut feeling) expects to be disappointed.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
I imagine the feeling I had after Game 2 is how Columbus, Nashville and especially Washington felt after most games against the Pens in last year's playoffs. We outshot them, out chanced them, basically caved them in but still lost.

I wouldn't have changed anything about how we played 5v5 last game but you can tell the Flyers definitely did their homework on special teams.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Here's my take, that is worth nothing. This reminds me of the Rangers 2016 series. Split the first two games, but Game 2 was very winnable. Penguins were the much better team and the Rangers didn't have the system and/or the players YET to be dominant over the Pens. Game 3 was very close, but the Pens took over and ran away with it.

Now I'm not saying the Flyers aren't a great team. The Flyers are an up and coming team that will be dangerous for years. They aren't there yet and our team is there. The Pens just have to do what they do and not panic. Stars have to be stars, Mur has to be Mur, and they have to play aggressively with confidence. If they do that - the result should favor the Pens.

So keep the confidence up, even with a loss in Game 2. Keep belief. And stars go be stars. At the end of the day we should prevail. But this is the NHL and nothing is guaranteed. IF the Flyers win, so be it. At the end of the day i'll applaud the run the Pens went on. But that's why i have faith and belief in this team. EVEN if we lose today.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
Honestly, I’d rather have the PDO and the crazy shooting percentage back than all the possession and Corsi stats in the world...we’ve had below average PDO and shooting % all year...the name of the game is getting more goals than your opponent, not how you look or how much you dominate doing so....
That's like saying you'd prefer we score more goals than the other team.

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
What ? Murray in net

I would give DeSmith a shot.

I love Murray but I want to see DeSmith..

Sorry.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Part of me think the players (going by the quotes) will get the job done while the other (going by my gut feeling) expects to be disappointed.

That's me before every single Pens game. Thankfully the Pens have a much stronger resolve than I do. :laugh:

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad