Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
giphy.gif

After the hiccup on Friday night my plans for this GDT changed. So today instead of being about a chance to go 3 up in the series it is now just about the number 3. Read on and you may learn something :)

Scoring 3 goals in a game is called a Hat-trick: You can all thank that wonderful English gentleman game of Cricket for this term when, in 1858, a gentleman called Heathfield Harman "HH" Stephenson took 3 consecutive wickets. A collection was taken and a hat was purchased with the proceeds and presented to Mr Stephenson.

A Triathlon consists of 3 endurance disciplines; swimming, cycling then running. An Olympic Triathlon is 1.5km (0.93 miles) of swimming, 40km (25miles) of cycling then, if you are still alive, 10km (6.2 miles) of running. If you are ultra f***ed in the head you can do what is called an Ironman Triathlon, 3.9km (2.4 miles) of swimming, 181km (112 miles) of cycling then run for the final 42.2km (26.2 miles)

3 is the Atomic number for Lithium. This soft silvery-white alkali metal has usage in a wide range of fields including the nuclear sector, production of batteries and maybe more importantly for us here, its medical use. Lithium salts are a useful mood stabiliser so we can all chill the f*** out whilst watching hockey :D

When we Christians pray we start by performing the Sign of the Cross, which consists of 3 parts, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Everyone on your knees this afternoon.

is a lucky number in Chinese culture as it sounds similar to the word “alive” We may not want to go for 4 in a row as that sounds similar to the word “death”

Feeling lucky? 3rd time is a charm they say. Feeling unlucky? Bad shit happens in 3’s so after 2 rounds of crap you may want to go hide.

Benjamin Disraeli, British Prime Minister (1868-1868 – 1874-1880) once said there are 3 degrees of lies: Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics. He would get on well with some HF members.

If you are into decorating and other such nonsense you will already know that there are 3 primary colours. Red, Blue and Yellow will pretty much give you any other colour required.

Unless you want an early shower don’t be the 3rd man into a hockey fight. Exceptions to this rule need to be applied when decking Brad Marchand, Brandon Dubinsky or Scott Hartnell.

The 3rd Wedding anniversary is celebrated with leather, presumably because sex is still a part of the marriage :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hoping they win, but not panicking if they lose. I will not panic with this team until they are facing elimination. It takes 4 games to beat them. Not 2.

I thought the Flyers played their best game, got the bounces their way, and I STILL thought the Pens could have won that game on Friday. That to me, speaks volume. Now all bets are off if Philly gains the insane amount of confidence from that win, but the Pens should be able to push back just like the Flyers did. The main thing is.. DO NOT PANIC. The team has been here/done that. They shouldn't fall into the panic mode. But it's the game of hockey and i've seen crazier things.

Philly will be a great atmosphere today. Let's get the win. It's going to be tough.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i will never worry about a game this year until they dont consistently visibly outplay their opponent for most of a game

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Hoping they win, but not panicking if they lose. I will not panic with this team until they are facing elimination. It takes 4 games to beat them. Not 2.

I thought the Flyers played their best game, got the bounces their way, and I STILL thought the Pens could have won that game on Friday. That to me, speaks volume. Now all bets are off if Philly gains the insane amount of confidence from that win, but the Pens should be able to push back just like the Flyers did. The main thing is.. DO NOT PANIC. The team has been here/done that. They shouldn't fall into the panic mode. But it's the game of hockey and i've seen crazier things.

Philly will be a great atmosphere today. Let's get the win. It's going to be tough.

Same, some bounces went against us. Won't be worried until we're facing elimination.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
i will never worry about a game this year until they dont consistently visibly outplay their opponent for most of a game

Same to some extent. Though if the Pens outplay the Flyers and still don't get the bounces again, I'll start to get worried that this just isn't there year. To go far, you also need a fair amount of luck. And if the Pens lose two games in a row in large part due to bad puck luck, that will be a bad sign.

Reactions: Andy99

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Same to some extent. Though if the Pens outplay the Flyers and still don't get the bounces again, I'll start to get worried that this just isn't there year. To go far, you also need a fair amount of luck. And if the Pens lose two games in a row in large part due to bad puck luck, that will be a bad sign.

Thought that against the Sens. Rather see the Pens get outplayed and lose a series 4-1 than how we almost lost that sens series. Whole series was frustrating but game 7 topped it off. We take.the lead..they tie it up 20 secs later. Take the lead, they tie it up over a minute later. Then we dominated the rest of the 3rd and into OT. But frustrated at every shot we took that didnt go in. Thinking this shit team is gonna come down and get a lucky goal and go to the cup and get swept.

We got past that...we can get past anything. Was the perfect storm for the Sens and we still came out on top.

Pens have seen it all..other than their biggest rival. This is a bit different.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Think the first period is going to be huge. Score first, or at least be tied at the first intermission, I think our boys will be ok.

Even if that doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world. I just tend to be a pessimist.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If they play with better pace than Game 2 and are quicker to pucks, and do not get caught up in the BS, they should be fine....

Oh, and score first....very important. Let’s go boys! Getting pumped....

member 51464

I am on vacation in Italy and there is not a sports bar in this tiny town that has the game playing. Any ideas where/how? This is likely my only chance to watch a Pens game as it happens this playoff year.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Should be a good one, Pens need to finish better and Murray need to be better. Really need to get to Elliott, he should be terrified against the Pens. Saw a bit of uneasiness at time in game 2, but they didn't cause him enough distress considering how he can struggle in the playoffs.

I haven't been paying much attention the what the Flyers have tried to do with line match-ups. Who are we expecting each line to see tonight?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Speak for yourself ... we only have 5 GDT makers signed up ... I might have to do one if this goes to six
SIvV0Ku.gif

Reactions: Beau Knows

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I am on vacation in Italy and there is not a sports bar in this tiny town that has the game playing. Any ideas where/how? This is likely my only chance to watch a Pens game as it happens this playoff year.

Try to see if you can get a reddit stream....I don’t know where you are but if you’re near Rome and can get there, there’s a Pittsburgh bar just off Piazza Navona...forget the name, begins with a B...they play all the Pens hockey games....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->