GDT: 1, 2, 3, Go Pens Go - Game 3 Penguins @ Philly @ 15:00EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Try to see if you can get a reddit stream....I don’t know where you are but if you’re near Rome and can get there, there’s a Pittsburgh bar just off Piazza Navona...forget the name, begins with a B...they play all the Pens hockey games....

There is a also a link to a very handy application on the side bar of that particular subreddit...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Hoping they win, but not panicking if they lose. I will not panic with this team until they are facing elimination. It takes 4 games to beat them. Not 2.

I thought the Flyers played their best game, got the bounces their way, and I STILL thought the Pens could have won that game on Friday. That to me, speaks volume. Now all bets are off if Philly gains the insane amount of confidence from that win, but the Pens should be able to push back just like the Flyers did. The main thing is.. DO NOT PANIC. The team has been here/done that. They shouldn't fall into the panic mode. But it's the game of hockey and i've seen crazier things.

Philly will be a great atmosphere today. Let's get the win. It's going to be tough.

That said, it's fair to expect Philly to balance the ice a little bit more at home. We're a dominant home team, so it's no surprise to me that we (win/loss results aside) dominated much of the play in the first two games. I don't expect us to out shoot them 35 to 20 on their own ice.

But I agree with not being worried til we're facing elimination. The keys for me are denying them their blueprint for success. Philly wins this game/series if:

1) Our pk sucks

2) Murray sucks

Pens win this game/series if

1) Our PP does what it should

2) Our pk/goaltending are just good enough to not ruin what our offense brings. Because we're bound to score goals.

Reactions: ColePens and Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That said, it's fair to expect Philly to balance the ice a little bit more at home. We're a dominant home team, so it's no surprise to me that we (win/loss results aside) dominated much of the play in the first two games. I don't expect us to out shoot them 35 to 20 on their own ice.

But I agree with not being worried til we're facing elimination. The keys for me are denying them their blueprint for success. Philly wins this game/series if:

1) Our pk sucks

2) Murray sucks

2) Our pk/goaltending are just good enough to not ruin what our offense brings. Because we're bound to score goals.

Flyers running the same line essentially have to put up a subpar center against either Brassard, Malkin or Crosby and then hope the fourth line goes even.

Crosby and Malkin have also been eating the top six of the Flyers alive at EV.

Reactions: Pancakes

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The Penguins game is like a box of chocolates...

Contrary to what Forrest Gump said you know exactly what you are going to get in a box of chocolates..........chocolate :laugh:

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Playoff Sheary at work lol.

I liked his game a lot in March this year. I'm still confident he can contribute.
I'm not. The Flyers are not a very big or physical team compared pretty much every other team left. If Sheary can't contribute against them he will get eaten alive against the Bruins or the Preds.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Flyers running the same line essentially have to put up a subpar center against either Brassard, Malkin or Crosby and then hope the fourth line goes even.

Crosby and Malkin have also been eating the top six of the Flyers alive at EV.

Right which is why I think their most likely blueprint for success for them involves bad goaltending on our part, and our special teams being bad. Because I just can't see them matching us at even strength. The only way they win that battle is if Elliot outplays Murray substantially. Which did happen in Game 2, but eh we'll see if that be kept up.

Granted, home ice can changes those things as I pointed out earlier. I don't know if things will be as severely unbalanced 5v5 now that we're in Philly. But I still expect us to outplay them there. Just maybe not to the same extent.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Playoff Sheary at work lol.

I liked his game a lot in March this year. I'm still confident he can contribute.
This is one of the things that hopefully can be solved...Sully IMO got it wrong, when did not give the chance to Teddy or Sprong before the season ended, now we must find the spot for Sheary where he won't stink...and many of us could see from 10000 feet that this third line wi=ould never work, the line does not have any ingrediant needed to succed. And none of us really can figure out what kind of player Brass is...he does not seem like a guy that would drive possession...I may be wrong...so maybe that line would need Rust or Horny...Sheary must be on line with two possession oriented players...he actually may be better with Kuhn and Sheahan...
Zar Brassard Rust
Jake Sid Horny
Hags Geno Phil
Sheary Sheahan Kuhn

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm not. The Flyers are not a very big or physical team compared pretty much every other team left. If Sheary can't contribute against them he will get eaten alive against the Bruins or the Preds.

I'll worry about that when it comes to it. We can't face Bruins til round 3, Preds til round 4.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
If Sheary and Kessel are struggling again and we don’t have a lead I’d hope it’s changed pretty quickly.

Thought it would have changed last game at some stage even though we were playing well enough we needed that spark.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'll worry about that when it comes to it. We can't face Bruins til round 3, Preds til round 4.

Frankly, it would be a pretty good season if we could even get to and lose the ECF against Boston...I’m not even confident right now about getting through the Metro...they haven’t shown they can sustain the pace of play they had in 2015-16 (yes, first game and no, second), and the same issues the team had during the season have reared their ugly heads already: Murray’s inconsistencies and horrible PK....

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Speak for yourself ... we only have 5 GDT makers signed up ... I might have to do one if this goes to six
SIvV0Ku.gif

I've been on a hot streak. I'll be taking both in dire circumstances.

Reactions: DegenX

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

1) Our pk sucks

2) Murray sucks

Powerplay and pk need to be consistent. Stars need to be stars. That's it. Mur needs to not lose games.

Reactions: KIRK and Pancakes

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I feel a big game from Phil tonight. I hope.
I lost any hope that he will flip the switch in POs, he is not skating, he is not engaged, loses just about every puck battle..He was doing all those things first half of the season, then we thought he would flip the switch in playoffs...he still may be useful, but he CANNOT carry the line anymore, stick him with Geno or Sid...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Frankly, it would be a pretty good season if we could even get to and lose the ECF against Boston...I’m not even confident right now about getting through the Metro...they haven’t shown they can sustain the pace of play they had in 2015-16 (yes, first game and no, second), and the same issues the team had during the season have reared their ugly heads already: Murray’s inconsistencies and horrible PK....
still too early to say this, if Murray is close to his level they can easily come out the Metro, I think they are playing better than last year against CBJ, they were riding crazy PDO and hot MAF...

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad