Apr 23, 2004
Australia
epesz.jpg

lol!

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
It's incredible that this team can be this bad, and not a ****in' thing happens to management or coaching. We only have 16 points, no wins against the West still, and are on a 9 game losing streak.

Un-freaking-believable.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I don't know why he stopped shooting, it seems like he only shoots when it is a grade A scoring opportunity now. I think I seen him pass up 3 easy shots on net tonight that would of been atleast B quality chances to score, even if he's lost some confidence in his shot his release and accuracy gives goaltenders enough problems to potentially create a good rebound chance.

The answer is simple. He wants to prove the "unsustainable S%" crowd from his big year wrong. If it's not a breakaway on an empty net, expect a dangle or desperation pass through defenders. Gotta get that S% back to 2012 numbers.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Well clearly I'm not the only one who hates that "talk about..." style of conducting an interview. It's stupid, it's lazy and it's ****ing annoying. Leading questions where the interviewer is just flat out not doing his/her job.

Scrivens was angry. I like that. Perron as well.

And the Oilers spin doctors trotted out The Great One to tell us all how MacT and Lowe hated losing as players. How reassuring.

I thought it was classic in a way that the Oilers were scored on at the exact moment they were getting Gretzky to polish up this turd. There couldn't be a more exacting moment of "truth".

Scrivens is god to me for having the balls to call out some of the **** happening. Both Fasth and Scrivens were furious at the team in respective games.

Have to say it as well that Jordan Eberle is the worst forward on this hockey club right now. Absolutely at fault for passing the puck into the slot in ownzone on one play and then waving at the pass (he's right in the passing lane) on the Tarasenko winner.

But lately Eberle is a hilite reel for gonzo stupid plays and shows up in a lot of the GA hilites.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
That earpiece Eakins is always wearing on the bench. Is MacT on the other end?

Is this another case of the Puppetmaster?

He's communicating with spotters, Rocky Thompson and others, like they do in football, because, well, Eakins has studied how football teams do business..

Maybe he could watch baseball next and do inane signals on the bench or jump on the ice and ***** out the refs like a rabid dog. That would be fun.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I think it's one of a few options regarding Eberle:

1. He's just become content with playing like garbage.
2. The NHL has figured out his "play-cute first, shoot second," mentality
3. He realized he's made his money and there's nothing in his way so.. (look at #1.)
4. He legitimately sucks now.

I never evaluate a player until I see their performance under the weight of NHL attention. A lot of talented players can get some early production but can they maintain it once teams scout them and key on them.

The last few years this has happened with Eberle. He looks pretty frustrated but he's getting tossed around out there.

Anybody see the toedrag in ownzone trying to get the puck out? This guy has the hockey IQ of a potato. Its like he's playing pickup hockey out there.

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
I never evaluate a player until I see their performance under the weight of NHL attention. A lot of talented players can get some early production but can they maintain it once teams scout them and key on them.

The last few years this has happened with Eberle. He looks pretty frustrated but he's getting tossed around out there.

Anybody see the toedrag in ownzone trying to get the puck out? This guy has the hockey IQ of a potato. Its like he's playing pickup hockey out there.
Is he cloning Pat Fallon's career now?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Is he cloning Pat Fallon's career now?

Everything about Eberle's play out there is communicating don't effing care.

Eakins responds by getting him out there every chance and as much as possible in OT's.

Its like the results and what actually occurs when Eberle is out there 4 on 4 don't even get noticed.

I love 4 0n 4 play btw because it more informs what players are actually doing out there. Theres less placers for floaters to hide on a 4 0n 4 shift. You get exposed. Eberle is getting set on fire.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton

Eakins responds by getting him out there every chance and as much as possible in OT's.

Its like the results and what actually occurs when Eberle is out there 4 on 4 don't even get noticed.

I love 4 0n 4 play btw because it more informs what players are actually doing out there. Theres less placers for floaters to hide on a 4 0n 4 shift. You get exposed. Eberle is getting set on fire.
I will admit he isn't a great open ice player, he should not be playing 4 on 4, you are bang on about that. He makes his living close to the blue paint and even his finish is lacking lately.:(

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
1st Perron... now Scrivens calls the team out... but nether said anything that should hurt anyones feelings as it's painfully clear.

We all know the many deficiencies on this team.

It's obvious to almost all media types who watch the game... the vast majority of fans... even casual ones who have largely tuned out by now ...and it has to be at least somewhat apparent to myopic management even though they won't admit to it because of pride/stubborness.

The team makeup is wrong, defense isn't solid enough and coaching is inept.

I think Perron obviously knows the difference being on a previously very good team and he's correct in calling out the team for it's collective issues.

Scrivens/Fasth had their goalie coach canned in large part because of this teams play... and no doubt they feel some guilt there as well.

Players should be angry... they should be calling each other out.

It's a 9 game ****ing losing streak. That should make everyone embarrassed, frustrated and angry and the dressing room should be full of players filled with rage and emotions to actually get their collective acts together and get on the road to playing better.

Problem is it's management, development, coaching AND the players... so easier said than done but kudos to Perron/Fasth for speaking up about obvious problems with the team.

If that type of open awareness and stating the obvious is what gets a player a 1-way ticket outta dodge... well so be it... ANY other location is likely better right now anyway.

Pretty much. A team that gives a crap would be having some shouting matches and even fights in practice over this. You know, guys with pride and passion. I'd love to see Eakins get pissed off. What's he got to lose?

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

In theory yes. But why is Schultz always out there? Hes a cancer for shrewd smart play.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
In theory yes. But why is Schultz always out there? Hes a cancer for shrewd smart play.

I should qualify that it informs for normal people. But this is Dallas Eakins we're talking about.

If I wanted to get to know my team intimately I would see what they look like either 4 on 4 or on pk. Those are revealing situations.

Team may as well do it now, what do we have to loose.

On 2nd thought maybe Eakins is doing it..:D

Nah, could it be? :laugh:

dobiezeke*

I should qualify that it informs for normal people. But this is Dallas Eakins we're talking about.

If I wanted to get to know my team intimately I would see what they look like either 4 on 4 or on pk. Those are revealing situations.

Team may as well do it now, what do we have to loose.

On 2nd thought maybe Eakins is doing it..:D

Nah, could it be? :laugh:

You know I am no fan of Eakins...in all fairness who do you put out there? The whole team plays like hot dog feces from the first line on down. Anyone who watches the games knows that there is no one outside of Gordon to trust in a 4 on 4...

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
I wonder if they should just try Schultz as a forward if we trade a winger. Nothing to lose now, he can't play defense to save his life.

Nikitin should of been sent to the minors by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad