Not open for further replies.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
BBBeuzECEAMFbEG.jpg:large

:laugh: :yo:
http://twitter.com/rinkside/status/292838133844807681/photo/1

Erick*

By the way, Brian Campbell is underrated.

I understand the knock on him not being a shutdown D-man, but his offense more than makes up for it/he's not even bad defensively.

Played about 26 minutes tonight like it's easy to do that fresh off a lockout.

Now that Garrison's gone, he steps up his game and improves his shot. You really learn to appreciate him more and more over time. Not many in the game like him.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida

I understand the knock on him not being a shutdown D-man, but his offense more than makes up for it/he's not even bad defensively.

Now that Garrison's gone, he steps up his game and improves his shot. You really learn to appreciate him more and more over time. Not many in the game like him.
Yeah I was wondering about that myself. Did he improve his shot because Garrison is gone and mindful of that? Incredible player, incredible trade.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site

Jovo should hand the cup to him first, without a doubt!

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Huberdeau is a left winger
It lists him as a LW because that's what he played the most in juniors but he has also played center in juniors before.

He played Center tonight where the Panthers want him to play, and did a fine job doing it. Hoping he is going to be a center for us because we want him to see the puck more then he would at LW.

Edit: He's actually listed as Center on yahoo as well.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
It lists him as a LW because that's what he played the most in juniors but he has also played center in juniors before.

He played Center tonight where the Panthers want him to play, and did a fine job doing it. Hoping he is going to be a center for us because we want him to see the puck more then he would at LW.

Mueller was C tonight and Huberdeau was on left wing.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Faulk reminds me of Doughty. Not as good but a very similar style of play on the ice.

Very interesting. This was the same belief that I held for a long time until I watched this game. They have the same physical attributes and skill set but I think Faulk has a higher IQ offensively. I've seen several time where he was open for a great scoring chance.

I'm not saying he's better than Doughty, a top 5 defenseman in the league but he is an extremely talented up and coming defenseman that I think will be playing for you guys in Sochi.

Obviously he and Huberdeau were the two players that watched, not much to say about the latter. What a great way to start his NHL career, congrats!

Rats96Yo

Oct 17, 2006
Coral Springs
Huberdeau with the first score! I love when im right :nod:

Loved the energy in the place, loved our new scoring line, loved the PP. Didn't love the shots against, Caruso, parking and the Club Red gestapos.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Had an absolutely ****** night showed up at the arena and could not get tickets had to go home. This wont be a problem again until the playoffs in terms of finding tickets. But i heard most of the game on the radio and was very happy to see the mueller/huby/kovalev line do work.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I don't normally endorse arguing on the internet, but if any of you guys are on twitter... these guys need to be corrected.

BBBJWK0CAAAo63M.jpg

untitled_zpsc55b2a9c.png

Sir Purr

Jan 19, 2013
The post game autograph session was awesome. Huby blew off like 10 people when he was told to leave to sign my jersey. :vhappy:

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Just got back from the arena. The players did an autograph signing outside the arena for the fans. It was packed, luckily I had a spot in front and got plenty of signatures on my mini-banner. I was so close to getting Huberdeau, but he had to go back in. He was one of the last to leave. I still grabbed Gudbranson and Versteeg though. I even asked him if I could call him "Verstache" and he smiled and said to call him whatever we want.

Great night and the place was packed in the first period. The crowd got thinner as the game went on, but you couldn't tell if you went to grab a drink.

Lola

Future Panthers
Mar 30, 2006
Central Florida
I thought I heard Goldie say there were 19,600+ in attendance tonight.

Not too shabby for a team with a bunch of "fair-weathered fans". :sarcasm:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It was weird. Only section of the arena that wasnt full.

Glad I went to the game; other than a gaff by Caruso, could of been a shutout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad