GDT: 1/18/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Vegas vs Tampa Bay

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
When do we start to worry about him. He has not looked good most of 2018.
I'm worried now. We saw last season he can crap the bed for long stretches.

We've had chances but we haven't played well. Too many mental mistakes and Vasi has let in two he shouldn't have. Two soft goals is hard to overcome.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Boston up 4-1.

The Atlantic will be a dog fight and the Lightning will be fortunate to return from its upcoming roady with any division lead. Could certainly get it back.

Otherwise playing Toronto round 1 isn’t the end of the world provided Vassy finds his game again. Whoever comes out of the Met as the 8 seed will be no pushover for either Tampa or Boston

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
When do we start to worry about him. He has not looked good most of 2018.
Well, his last few games have been weak, but he also did have a number of great games as well. I wouldn't hit the panic button on him yet. I'm still way more concerned about the defense, which is floating a lot right now, even when Hedman was in the line-up.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Don't worry guys, they aren't very good just the Vegas hangover... oh wait we're at home.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Defense needs fixing. Sergachev was a blessing because of the lack of mobility we have back there.

A legitimate and not makeshift top 4 defenseman, again, not a Coburn or sheltered Dotchin, is what we need. Either put the Swedes together or one to play with Hedman. I know it's essentially blowing smoke cause we can't afford much but you don't really need a high priced guy, just somebody that can skate and move the puck without being a pylon.

Hedman - Stralman
Sergachev - ?
Coburn - Girardi
Dotchin

Steve needs to figure out how much longer we spend on Sustr, how much longer we keep Koekkoek on the shelf and if we should sell "high" on Dotchin. I like Dotchin as a #7, future bottom pairing defenseman but having him in the top 4 is worrisome.

Again, I've said this a lot lately. This needs to be sorted soon because we are going to be embarrassed by a team watching our pairings.

And that's a 4th. Waited a week for this?

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Defense needs fixing. Sergachev was a blessing because of the lack of mobility we have back there.

A legitimate and not makeshift top 4 defenseman, again, not a Coburn or sheltered Dotchin, is what we need. Either put the Swedes together or one to play with Hedman. I know it's essentially blowing smoke cause we can't afford much but you don't really need a high priced guy, just somebody that can skate and move the puck without being a pylon.

Hedman - Stralman
Sergachev - ?
Coburn - Girardi
Dotchin

Steve needs to figure out how much longer we spend on Sustr, how much longer we keep Koekkoek on the shelf and if we should sell "high" on Dotchin. I like Dotchin as a #7, future bottom pairing defenseman but having him in the top 4 is worrisome.

Again, I've said this a lot lately. This needs to be sorted soon because we are going to be embarrassed by a team watching our pairings.

And that's a 4th. Waited a week for this?
Agree but the primary issue tonight is Vassy

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad