GDT: 1/18/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Vegas vs Tampa Bay

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
With Masin and Hajek waiting in the wings, we can definitely afford to lose Koekkoek
Not when we need him right now. Mason is one to two years away. Hajek more. Why ditch koekkoek? You think Ottawa or Boston is giving up a better defenseman for slater? They’d give you a pick, probabaly a later one.

I dunno about you guys, but I wanna win the cup this year

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The way Coburn is trending we need Koekkoek more than ever. Might be looking to move the Coburn contract before Slaters.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Not when we need him right now. Mason is one to two years away. Hajek more. Why ditch koekkoek? You think Ottawa or Boston is giving up a better defenseman for slater? They’d give you a pick, probabaly a later one.

What if we were the ones to give up KK and a pick, for a better player? That would put us in a better spot to win it this year. No?

Hell, maybe a lot of GM's don't want to deal with Yzerman anymore though? They'd rather take their ball and go home, unless we clearly over pay, which Yzergod is clearly not going to do.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Which do you think is more valuable this season when Hedman comes back? Koekkoek or a #3 center who can win faceoffs? All I am saying is that pipeline wise, we can take the hit. Masin isn't far away

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Which do you think is more valuable this season when Hedman comes back? Koekkoek or a #3 center who can win faceoffs? All I am saying is that pipeline wise, we can take the hit. Masin isn't far away
Don’t get me wrong, if someone were offering anything of value, of course I’d trade kk. I just doubt your gonna get anything more than a project like he is, or picks/prospects.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Let me reiterate my position; obviously if koekkoek could garner us a better player, I would agree to a trade. But at the moment, he’s of Lowe value and trading him now is bad asset management.

Also, his extremely low ice time makes me think that Yzerman has no plans to trade him. Of course, I was wrong about blujus too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad