GDT: 1/17/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Toronto vs Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think the Leafs were credited for more scoring chances, but it felt like we had the better of the play at ES. Good to see we showed up awake for this one.

Stamkos was probably our most dangerous player. And I laugh every single time Brayden Point scores, because he's gonna be a 40 + goal scorer and that is surreal.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
The gameplan is easy I think:
1) Stay out of the box for the stupid penalties
2) Put lot of pressure to Toronto defense/goalie.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
This is the first time this year that we interviewed the opposite team between the breaks. Leaf privilege indeed.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Can the stripes just drop the ****ing puck?

I've never played hockey so I've always wondered about this. What is the ref saying to the players pre-drop? Why does it take them so long to drop the freaking puck? Drives me crazy every time.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I've never played hockey so I've always wondered about this. What is the ref saying to the players pre-drop? Why does it take them so long to drop the freaking puck? Drives me crazy every time.
Well first - it's not only the guys on the dot that can false start, so some of it is making sure the wingers are in their spots. I think they vary it so players can't time when the puck is going to drop and get an unfair advantage. The pump fakes are stupid though.

Reactions: DMB06

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That's just insane. I don't even want to know what all is happening over there right now :laugh:
I'm happy that we have a nice and small fanbase here rather than the size they got over there. You get to know the posters here much better.

Reactions: JDBolt

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Changed the scoring on Point's goal. I didn't think Palat touched it. Assists are now Hedman and Stamkos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad