GDT: 1/15/2015 - Wild vs Sabres - FSN 6 PM CT - Embrace the Tank GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJinAZ

Aug 27, 2004
You're welcome Minne

We told you Duby duby do was solid. Once we scrubbed the Oilers taint off of him he was playing pretty damn good. Problem was he was interfering with our tank so he had to go. Good luck with him

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
We told you Duby duby do was solid. Once we scrubbed the Oilers taint off of him he was playing pretty damn good. Problem was he was interfering with our tank so he had to go. Good luck with him

He obviously faced buffalo and didn't face many shots, but he certainly looked both big and calm in net and also displayed some puck skills.

I must say I'm a little bit more optimistic than I was when I heard about this move.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i'm telling y'all all we need is a plain average goaltender. everyone is so hyper focused on PP and Yeo this Yeo that you lose sight of the fact that despite all the passing in the offensive zone (which Yeo isn't a fan of anyway) we'd still be winning games if our goaltending was even average this year.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
He had throat cancer

sounds the same. my grandpa had throat cancer too and blamed the whisky. though i was really young so maybe he didn't actually want to explain surgery to me.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
He had throat cancer

Macaulay-Culkin-Yikes.gif

Well that is unfortunate.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

It was definitely nice to see some competent goaltending.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Looking at the boxscore.. It has to be a typo - Vanek with 1G/1A/2pts/+0. It was a shutout.. I understand that sometimes on a rare occasion a player will register an assist when they've already gotten to the bench so they won't get a +1.. But pretty sure you can't score a goal without getting a +1. Mildly interesting.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Looking at the boxscore.. It has to be a typo - Vanek with 1G/1A/2pts/+0. It was a shutout.. I understand that sometimes on a rare occasion a player will register an assist when they've already gotten to the bench so they won't get a +1.. But pretty sure you can't score a goal without getting a +1. Mildly interesting.

Special teams. Both points were on the PP.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities

Vanek easily could have scored 4 or 5 today. Got straight robbed 2 or 3 times at least. And not those saves where the goalie adds the little flair on the end of the glove save for style points and to make it look better...he was straight robbed. Some of his best chances of the year.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Special teams. Both points were on the PP.

lol. I've been watching hockey since the mid-90s and I had no idea that special teams points don't count towards your +/-. Pretty amazing really - you'd think I would've heard it in passing or read about it at some point. That's embarrassing. Ain't even ashamed though. Just honestly astonished.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Glad to see Scooby Dubnyk win you one tonight. Hope he does it again on Saturday, FOR OUR TANK MUST THRIVE.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
lol. I've been watching hockey since the mid-90s and I had no idea that special teams points don't count towards your +/-. Pretty amazing really - you'd think I would've heard it in passing or read about it at some point. That's embarrassing. Ain't even ashamed though. Just honestly astonished.

h-h-h-how could a m-m-m-mod not know that? my world view is shaken.
GIF-incredulous-my-god-oh-my-god-OMG-shocked-Steve-Buscemi-WTF-GIF.gif

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Actually, only PP goals don't count towards +/-. SH goals do count.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I did notice one thing legitimately positive about the game was Dubnyk's puck handling looked much better than both Kemps and Backy. Much Much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad