Rumor: 1/14/16 Lavoie: Drouin trade possibly soon | Friedman: STL, ANA, NSH frontrunners

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's Yzerman we're talking about... he's gotta wait at least 2 weeks before he does ANYTHING. It may as well be a rule with him.

It's been a lot longer than that since the initial request. I don't think there's any pressure on him to make a trade here if he doesn't get what he wants. Drouin is not a contributing part of our team (yet), and we can't take salary back in a trade anyway, which makes it hard to improve the team immediately via trade. So there's no point in making a trade just to resolve the situation. It's barely a situation, in the big picture.

Compared to the MSL ordeal, this is nothing. And there are plenty of reports saying Yzerman almost didn't pull the trigger on that trade, and wouldn't have if NYR hadn't sweetened the offer at the last minute.

Drouin will likely be moved at some point. But in the near future? It could still go either way. Even if he's already played his last game as a Bolt.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
What is with these rumors about throwing Bishop into the deal? In what way does that make us a better team? I understand the cap implications but losing Bishop makes us worse immediately, especially with Elliott coming back. St. Louis has Allen already anyways.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
What is with these rumors about throwing Bishop into the deal? In what way does that make us a better team? I understand the cap implications but losing Bishop makes us worse immediately, especially with Elliott coming back. St. Louis has Allen already anyways.

I know i wasn't understanding the Bishop and Elliott rumor either. I don't see how this benefits either team Bishop makes far more then Elliott and Elliott is a major downgrade from Bishop. Can't see St Louis doing it because Bishop makes more then Elliott and i can't see Tampa doing it because Elliott is a downgrade compared to Bishop.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Pretty sure the rumor was HF generated. Can't imagine why we'd trade Bishop (team MVP) right now.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
No way Bishop is involved. And I sincerely doubt that a defenseman is coming back from St. Louis. It's gonna be way too much money. We can barely afford the team as it as it is.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
ya at this point i do drouin for galchenyuk all day every day

keep in mind one bad seed can kill a clubhouse we almost had it happen with the marty shiotttt

then also we would have the three russians to have kucherov vladdy and gally lol with stamkos johnson palat and flipper callahan killer
boyle paquette brown condra jam

forgit about it

So would I but Montreal won't

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Pretty sure the rumor was HF generated. Can't imagine why we'd trade Bishop (team MVP) right now.

I can't keep track of what's real or not on HF Boards anymore... People run wild with bogus rumors all the time, even if there is no link posted. In the past that stuff would be filtered out.

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
Bob McKenzie mentioned that if we were talking to Minnesota, Charlie Coyle could be a piece we could look at. I can't believe that they would give him up. But he is a big Palat like player, that would fit in great with our young, small forward group. He just entered his 5 year bridge deal of 3.2M. So it probably would take a couple of pieces. I would love this deal: Drouin & Killorn for Dumba and Coyle. We may have to throw a draft pick in. But it depends on how much they might want Drouin. Coyle can play C or RW. That is a deal I would be very excited about. I know it's just another rumor.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Bob McKenzie mentioned that if we were talking to Minnesota, Charlie Coyle could be a piece we could look at. I can't believe that they would give him up. But he is a big Palat like player, that would fit in great with our young, small forward group. He just entered his 5 year bridge deal of 3.2M. So it probably would take a couple of pieces. I would love this deal: Drouin & Killorn for Dumba and Coyle. We may have to throw a draft pick in. But it depends on how much they might want Drouin. Coyle can play C or RW. That is a deal I would be very excited about. I know it's just another rumor.

I would be all in for that trade.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

No I don't like losing Killorn

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Retweeted BrianWilde (@BWildeCTV):
The ask for Drouin appears to be an NHL roster defenceman and a Grade A prospect. ‪#‎Habs‬ ‪#‎Lightning‬

Retweeted BrianWilde (@BWildeCTV):
@SantinoFasulo Blues balked on one of the parts so now they're making it more complex. No one is out until they're out.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Ducks GM Bob Murray per https://twitter.com/helenenothelen

"If you listen to everybody and listen to all the…we’re one of the front runners in that aren’t we? Every time I turn the page I hear we’re making a deal with a certain team on the East Coast. There’s more than just him that’s probably out there and available right now. let’s just leave it at that. We’re looking at a whole bunch of things. We know he’s there but there’s a few others out there, too, that haven’t requested trades. Requesting trades on entry level that’s something new for your and I."

Looks like the public trade request has maybe rubbed some teams the wrong way despite his talent and potential.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I'm down. Bye Alex, you suck.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm down. Bye Alex, you suck.

Yeah think we could survive without Killorn. Not crazy about him on the 2nd line. It's like the Diet Coke of TKO, just one calorie not TKO enough.

If it gets us a nice package then go for it! I do sense a multi player trade with this, but who knows.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah think we could survive without Killorn. Not crazy about him on the 2nd line. It's like the Diet Coke of TKO, just one calorie not TKO enough.

If it gets us a nice package then go for it! I do sense a multi player trade with this, but who knows.

I think Killer has a role with us. It's just not the one he's currently filling. And I'd like to see him in at least one more post-season before we think about moving him. Short sample, yeah, but he's been a very valuable playoff performer. And that's where it counts.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Talking about players in public can still sway public perception of trade value, no? What exactly are the grounds for tampering?

The term "tampering" doesn't exist in the CBA. It's the common term used to describe circumventing the CBA. The CBA doesn't prevent you from discussing other players. Otherwise coaches would have a really tough time when asked about the team they just faced. It prevents you from speaking to players on the team either directly or through the media and making promises, inferences, etc. Since Drouin is not a free agent it's not a relevant issue. Unless you think that in like 6 years Drouin would be signing with the Ducks because of this quote.

For example, Toronto fans saying "Why don't we just promise Stamkos endorsements if he signs here" are talking about CBA circumvention. That's a whole different thing than this.

Here is the relevant section of the CBA:
26.3 Circumventions.
(a) No Club or Club Actor, directly or indirectly, may: (i) enter into any agreements,
promises, undertakings, representations, commitments, inducements, assurances of intent, or
understandings of any kind, whether express, implied, oral or written, including without
limitation, any SPC, Qualifying Offer, Offer Sheet or other transaction, or (ii) take or fail to take
any action whatsoever, if either (i) or (ii) is intended to or has the effect of defeating or
Circumventing the provisions of this Agreement or the intention of the parties as reflected by the
provisions of this Agreement, including without limitation, provisions with respect to the
financial and other reporting obligations of the Clubs and the League, Team Payroll Range,
Player Compensation Cost Redistribution System, the Entry Level System and/or Free Agency.

Murray made a point of not expressing intent, making an assurance, committing, etc. He essentially just said "It's a possibility." Poile in Nashville for example has already said that he's in on Drouin. There's no rule in the CBA against GMs saying they're interested in trading for an available player. There is a rule against a GM contacting a player and telling them to request a trade.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

I would even add a pick for that trade.
Coyle is AMAZING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad