Rumor: 1/14/16 Lavoie: Drouin trade possibly soon | Friedman: STL, ANA, NSH frontrunners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I think back in early December he had a great game and I posted something like "Now just keep it up through the end of January" and by the next game he was back to being invisible. I really like Palat with him right now and obviously I'm hoping it sparks Stamkos to play well but he has zero consistency. We'll see how it goes. I'd love to be proven wrong on this.

Its basically after every multi point game we say this and it goes back to morning Stamkos the next game. Would be nice if he bags one or two tonight and we win. May not seem like it, but tonight is a big game. First time again the pens this year and usually some Russian guy puts a highlight reel goal last us. Wouldn't it be nice if we did that to them...

Flyers Time

May 4, 2012
Would Tampa be interested in Medvedev/Streit + Koncecky/Morin
for Drouin
Drouin/Giroux/Voracek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Got a feeling it's gonna be Nashville. (Anaheim would be sick though. Perry looks tailor made.)

It'll be really weird if Drouin and Jones are traded within 2 weeks of each other. Given the draft hoopla.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...3f5ae10c71c55c104e6f6610b0#incart_river_index
Imminent trade rumors percolated around the second-year prospect more quickly than ever Friday, and after the Crunch's 3-1 loss to Utica on Friday in the War Memorial he said he offered little clarity on his future with the team.

"I don't really decide. It's up to them (Tampa Bay),'' Drouin said. "But we'll see what happens the next couple days.''

Meaning what?

"Oh, I don't know. I'm just saying we'll see what's going on, and...if I go up or get traded. So, I'll see how it goes.''

Drouin said he has "no clue'' whether that means a recall or the trade request he made public before he demotion to the Crunch earlier this month.

"I'm just here to play hockey like I said the first day (in Syracuse),'' he said. "When it happens it happens. I'm here to just play my game.''
Drouin scored two goals in his first game with the Crunch and has no points in four games since. Friday was a mixed bag, with a few sharp rushes and potential setups sprinkled among shifts where it was hard to remember he was on the ice.

"He was fine. He had some chances,'' said Crunch coach Rob Zettler.

"I liked my game,'' Drouin said. "I'm happy with my play (overall). I'm here to work on my game. I think I'm working on it. Definitely a couple of areas (to improve), so overall I like the way I've been playing.

"Right now, I'm not concentrating on stats. It doesn't really matter if I score two or get zero. I'm working on my game, make sure I'm playing the right way and it all I can control right now.''

Zettler said he thought Drouin's best game was Wednesday, in a loss to Binghamton.

"He had the puck on his stick all night long,'' Zettler said. "He was creating a lot of energy, creating a lot of chances.

"He seems to be fine (mentally). We've all talked to him. He's hanging out with his teammates. He seems to be enjoying it. Overall, I think it's fine.''

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I thought he looked really good in the Binghamton game too. I don't care about his point totals. I want to see him using his time in the AHL to improve. Seems like he and Zettler are on the same page with that.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well now, sounding like by the end of the weekend Drouin may have his new team. At this rate, he isn't going to replace anyone on the roster sans Condra, so hey, its all about the return. I hope SFY can pull one off here. Get that piece we've been hoping for, or at the least, unload Carle haha

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'm hoping we don't trade him. Not just because I don't want to change my SN but because I think he will be a really good player someday. But he needs to be patient. He's on a team full of talented players.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
I thought he looked really good in the Binghamton game too. I don't care about his point totals. I want to see him using his time in the AHL to improve. Seems like he and Zettler are on the same page with that.

If we don't trade him he should stay in the AHL for at least the rest of January. Like he says he is working on things he is doing wrong. The AHL is good place to practice that stuff.
Call him back up and slot him into the line up. Waive Condra to make room, is that a possibility?
In any case he will have to beat someone out or wait for a slot. He needs to become ok with that.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Bob McKenzie was on the radio last night saying that if something is going to get done he has to think that Yzerman wants to do it as fast as possible.

His reasoning is that Drouin is a depreciating asset at this point. Having him in the AHL can only hurt his value if he continues to not score points. Or he could get injured. Also, calling him up and putting him in limited roles on the bottom 6 will only shrink his value.

Also, he said that it's risky keeping him and having him waste away in the minors because he will just check out.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Bob McKenzie was on the radio last night saying that if something is going to get done he has to think that Yzerman wants to do it as fast as possible.

His reasoning is that Drouin is a depreciating asset at this point. Having him in the AHL can only hurt his value if he continues to not score points. Or he could get injured. Also, calling him up and putting him in limited roles on the bottom 6 will only shrink his value.

Also, he said that it's risky keeping him and having him waste away in the minors because he will just check out.

I don't think Bob's as in tune with TB as he is with many teams around the league. It's just not Yzerman's M.O. to rush anything, or to take lesser value than he thinks is accurate. We really don't sell players at a discount. See: MSL.

I think if we get a fair deal, which is a pretty big return, Yzerman pulls the trigger. If not, Drouin remains an unhappy camper and will know his only way out is to start tearing up the AHL.

We also know Yzerman will let assets depreciate. (Carle, Purcell, Malone, even Connolly to a degree--and we STILL got a more than fair price on Connolly at the time the deal was made.)

We've seen Yzerman overpay for an asset he wants (Coburn, and everyone and their mother thought we overpaid for Bishop at the time the deal was made). But, as far as I can remember, we've never seen him trade a player at a discount.

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think we're just going to sell Drouin to the highest bidder. I think Yzerman has an expectation for the return, and if it's not met, we just keep truckin.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yep. Heck, all you gotta do is look at Carle. Surely we could have dumped him for someone else's cap casualty just to do something about it, but now he's depreciated beyond that.

JS91

May 14, 2014
It's gotten to a point where I'm checking twitter every 10-15 minutes just to see if there are any updates or even rumors about this. I really hope that the return for him will either be a top 4 offensive D-man like Shattenkirk (even though we'd have to add a bit) or someone like Galchenyuk to replace him in the top 6 for the future. He could play the wing for us next to Johnson and Kucherov this season and when Stamkos leaves he could move to center Palat and Kucherov creating a potential TKO part 2.

The only problem is that it's going to be very hard to get a good deal for him. I trust Yzerman to do the right thing and hold on to him if there simply isn't a good trade out there. I'm just wondering that what will happen if we force him to stay with us and he continues getting injured or Cooper keeps him in the doghouse. I might be willing to include a small + with him if we're getting someone like Galchenyuk in return though because it's pretty obvious that he isn't a very patient person which is why if he doesn't improve and keeps getting low minutes he could just never reach his potential.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
I'm hoping (based on the rumors) that its
Fabbri + Shattenkirk for Drouin + Coburn + Wilcox
But that's pretty bad for St. Louis

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
It's gotten to a point where I'm checking twitter every 10-15 minutes just to see if there are any updates or even rumors about this. I really hope that the return for him will either be a top 4 offensive D-man like Shattenkirk (even though we'd have to add a bit) or someone like Galchenyuk to replace him in the top 6 for the future. He could play the wing for us next to Johnson and Kucherov this season and when Stamkos leaves he could move to center Palat and Kucherov creating a potential TKO part 2.

The only problem is that it's going to be very hard to get a good deal for him. I trust Yzerman to do the right thing and hold on to him if there simply isn't a good trade out there. I'm just wondering that what will happen if we force him to stay with us and he continues getting injured or Cooper keeps him in the doghouse. I might be willing to include a small + with him if we're getting someone like Galchenyuk in return though because it's pretty obvious that he isn't a very patient person which is why if he doesn't improve and keeps getting low minutes he could just never reach his potential.

ya at this point i do drouin for galchenyuk all day every day

keep in mind one bad seed can kill a clubhouse we almost had it happen with the marty shiotttt

then also we would have the three russians to have kucherov vladdy and gally lol with stamkos johnson palat and flipper callahan killer
boyle paquette brown condra jam

forgit about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->