Rumor: 1/14/16 Lavoie: Drouin trade possibly soon | Friedman: STL, ANA, NSH frontrunners

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I bet if Drouin is moved it's a multi player kinda trade.

That's what I think happens. I would like it if we were to clear some cap space or at least get rid of players who fill the cap up a bit and don't help us with a guy who can help this team right now.

That might be best case scenario for this team right now but if you move a guy like Drouin you want a guy who helps you long term.

Do you make the move that might put the team over the hump now or a guy who adds quality to our prospects in the future?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
That's what I think happens. I would like it if we were to clear some cap space or at least get rid of players who fill the cap up a bit and don't help us with a guy who can help this team right now.

That might be best case scenario for this team right now but if you move a guy like Drouin you want a guy who helps you long term.

Do you make the move that might put the team over the hump now or a guy who adds quality to our prospects in the future?

Best case it might not look pretty but if we can clears Matt carles 5.5 million per season off our cap we need to do it.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Stevie has done nothing due to he thinks he can wait and get a lot more for drouin

SY holds the cards in this as Drouin still has a contractual obligation to be on this team.

I wonder how realistic it is that SY is just holding off on a move for this season because Drouin might not be our best option in top six for this season as we have veterans who are a better fit there right now.

But things change. If Stamkos doesn't get a contract then we can slot Drouin right up in the top six giving him his minutes he desires.

It could be at this moment a "wait it out" sort of deal. Drouin may not be happy right now but what if he were to be given the minutes in the future and were to get some success and like it here again?

This is a possibility that I haven't seen discussed yet.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
SY holds the cards in this as Drouin still has a contractual obligation to be on this team.

I wonder how realistic it is that SY is just holding off on a move for this season because Drouin might not be our best option in top six for this season as we have veterans who are a better fit there right now.

But things change. If Stamkos doesn't get a contract then we can slot Drouin right up in the top six giving him his minutes he desires.

It could be at this moment a "wait it out" sort of deal. Drouin may not be happy right now but what if he were to be given the minutes in the future and were to get some success and like it here again?

This is a possibility that I haven't seen discussed yet.
If stamkos signs long term I think drouin moves easy. To be honest I think that's what's holding the drouin thing up.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Multiplayer trade could happen. Steve was probably thinking about some sort of trade before all of this Drouin stuff came to light. Would be shocked if Stamkos was part of any of the possible trade scenarios. My thought is Steve is much more concerned with signing Stammer than trading Drouin. Drouin is a no pressure situation.
Heading for Amelie. Go Bolts!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If stamkos signs long term I think drouin moves easy. To be honest I think that's what's holding the drouin thing up.

Yea I think so too. Having Stamkos back ensures we have that number one center. If we lose Stamkos we at least have TJ and Drouin but who knows if TJ is capable of staying healthy till the end of a playoffs or if Drouin even wants to be here. I just hope that if we re-sign Stammer that it's a cap friendly deal. We need him at an affordable rate.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Losing Stamkos and Drouin would be a big hit to our offence which is struggling this year. Yzerman must now this. It will be an interesting trade if it happens.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yea I think so too. Having Stamkos back ensures we have that number one center. If we lose Stamkos we at least have TJ and Drouin but who knows if TJ is capable of staying healthy till the end of a playoffs or if Drouin even wants to be here. I just hope that if we re-sign Stammer that it's a cap friendly deal. We need him at an affordable rate.

Namestnikov is the 1C and Stamkos is his RW. We can't lose Namestnikov is what your saying?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Losing Stamkos and Drouin would be a big hit to our offence which is struggling this year. Yzerman must now this. It will be an interesting trade if it happens.

Yeah losing Drouin is going to kill this teams offense right now, he's a huge reason we're on a hot streak.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Namestnikov is the 1C and Stamkos is his RW. We can't lose Namestnikov is what your saying?

Their labels are pretty much semantics. Stamkos still plays the middle of the ice and takes faceoffs. Not as many faceoffs last game though.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Well, if Drouin is gone and Stamkos plays like last game I'm on the fringe of wanting Stamkos here. We really have to look at the canvas in its entirety. Drouin leaving and a defenseman coming in other than Shattenkirk won't solve our PP woes. It also won't help to land a forward cause we still have a log jam and I'm afraid one of Paquette or Brown will play their last game here tonight. That, I'm afraid of.

Then there is Stamkos. If he can play with Palat and Names and get his game back, I'm all for it but this trade has forced our hand. If Yzerman doesn't land a forward and BOTH Drouin and Stamkos walk, better isn't the word, but needs, to have a forward targeted for TD or in the FA period.

Also, Gudlevskis or Vasilevski? Which one would you keep? Cause right now McKenzie's quote has me worried we are losing one of the two. Gotta say Gudlevskis has impressed me in almost every game, Vasy has had some shaky ones but I love the kid, he's great. I have no idea who I'd keep.

Wish we can start this season over. Or end it. Just want this to be over already.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Well, if Drouin is gone and Stamkos plays like last game I'm on the fringe of wanting Stamkos here.

That's the problem. Stamkos plays like 1-3 good games and then sucks for 6 in a row. I'm not banking on last game suddenly being a turning point. He's let me down too many times already.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Well, if Drouin is gone and Stamkos plays like last game I'm on the fringe of wanting Stamkos here. We really have to look at the canvas in its entirety. Drouin leaving and a defenseman coming in other than Shattenkirk won't solve our PP woes. It also won't help to land a forward cause we still have a log jam and I'm afraid one of Paquette or Brown will play their last game here tonight. That, I'm afraid of.

Then there is Stamkos. If he can play with Palat and Names and get his game back, I'm all for it but this trade has forced our hand. If Yzerman doesn't land a forward and BOTH Drouin and Stamkos walk, better isn't the word, but needs, to have a forward targeted for TD or in the FA period.

Also, Gudlevskis or Vasilevski? Which one would you keep? Cause right now McKenzie's quote has me worried we are losing one of the two. Gotta say Gudlevskis has impressed me in almost every game, Vasy has had some shaky ones but I love the kid, he's great. I have no idea who I'd keep.

Wish we can start this season over. Or end it. Just want this to be over already.

Are you really afraid to lose Paquette or Brown in the grand scheme of thing? Come on. These guys are are replaceable.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
That's the problem. Stamkos plays like 1-3 good games and then sucks for 6 in a row. I'm not banking on last game suddenly being a turning point. He's let me down too many times already.

Lets see what happens with the new lines.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Lets see what happens with the new lines.

He's had plenty of new lines in the past. Even looked good for awhile with some. And it always ended the same way. Nothing wrong with optimism I guess but I've stopped hoping for a magical solution that will fix Stamkos

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Are you really afraid to lose Paquette or Brown in the grand scheme of thing? Come on. These guys are are replaceable.

Actually, yes. I know full and we'll they are replaceable but to lose either one because of Drouin and his desire to leave, will suck. They earned it. If we don't land Shattenkirk and it's a forward, it is either Condra, Brown or Paquette and I'm willing to bet it's Paquette. So yes, in the grand scheme of zit face getting traded, we will acquire a forward while losing Drouin AND somebody like Paquette or Brown.

For me, it's either Shattenkirk or go home.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011

I'm with you but many of us wanted Palat with him and who knows, maybe Names hits another gear? It's clear Stamkos is reliant on somebody else and can't elevate his game on his own. He's not a playmaker or a 2 way forward, if he's given Names and Palat for 10 games and it Lans out, I'm not saying lay him 10m or up, but if it's doable at 9, then yes. Then there's Steven himself who I doubt will resign for that low.

But I agree, he let's me down most nights too. All of us.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'm with you but many of us wanted Palat with him and who knows, maybe Names hits another gear? It's clear Stamkos is reliant on somebody else and can't elevate his game on his own. He's not a playmaker or a 2 way forward, if he's given Names and Palat for 10 games and it Lans out, I'm not saying lay him 10m or up, but if it's doable at 9, then yes. Then there's Steven himself who I doubt will resign for that low.

But I agree, he let's me down most nights too. All of us.

I think back in early December he had a great game and I posted something like "Now just keep it up through the end of January" and by the next game he was back to being invisible. I really like Palat with him right now and obviously I'm hoping it sparks Stamkos to play well but he has zero consistency. We'll see how it goes. I'd love to be proven wrong on this.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I haven't checked their numbers this year but Johnson was miles better last year when healthy. It's hard to win a draw with one hand.

2015-2016
Player FO FW. FL FO%
Stamkos 530. 265. 265 50.0
Johnson 438 214 224. 48.9

2014-2015
Player FO FW. FL FO%
Stamkos 943. 469. 474. 49.7
Johnson 1103 537 566. 48.7

Johnson takes more but is no better winning them. Not really "miles better".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad