GDT: 1/13/17 - 8:00PM EDT - Columbus VS Tampa Bay

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well, if we are going to have a bad year, we should just go all in on being bad. Sell off some of our assets while there are so many teams on the bubble, get a top 5-pick and see whats left after the expansion draft. We've had massive roster stagnation and we need to fix this and soon.

Not saying we go full nuclear either. Coaching change, move a few players, but keep the core (Stamkos, Drouin, Kuch, Hedman, One of Bish/ Vasi) trade what we can get good value on out of the rest.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Maybe, but the truth is that you don't deserve anything...you earn it and while we did have a lot of SOG in the 1st most of them were pretty bad and easy while their goalie did a good job on the once that weren't.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I'm convinced Johnsons first two seasons were the best he will ever have. Great playoff performer but he is underwhelming in the regular season. He could end up with 60 points this year and I'd be wondering how. He completely kills plays and passes too much. He no longer uses his speed...the only time I can remember it this year was the gwg against Montreal recently.

Does Ryan Callahan even play hockey anymore or is he LTIR? Man what a joke his situation has become. Stralman, Garrison and Coburn went from solid top 4 guys to guys I cringe at seeing on the ice anymore. I'm a big fan of Garrison but the dude lost his last step this year. Coburn should be making 2m and Stralman is no longer helping Hedman out on that pairing, he's just hurting him. We are royally screwed unless these guys get their heads out of their *****.

Bright side is we won't have big cap hits incoming for Johnson or Palat, they sure as heck don't deserve it.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Maybe, but the truth is that you don't deserve anything...you earn it and while we did have a lot of SOG in the 1st most of them were pretty bad and easy while their goalie did a good job on the once that weren't.

I can't even listen to coopers post game comments anymore this garbage team got what they deserved tonight another loss. We played a 20 min game out of 60 mins.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Still can't figure out what happened on the first Columbus goal. Wonky ass bounce. Still, Nesterov standing in front of the net on both Columbus goals and letting the Anderson and Foligno score. Also, what the hell was Vasi doing on the 3rd goal? He didn't even try.

The longer this team goes without a change, the more blame falls on Yzerman. This team has maxed out under Cooper. His idea of adjusting is blending lines. He can't think the game above an elementary level.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Still can't figure out what happened on the first Columbus goal. Wonky ass bounce. Still, Nesterov standing in front of the net on both Columbus goals and letting the Anderson and Foligno score. Also, what the hell was Vasi doing on the 3rd goal? He didn't even try.

The longer this team goes without a change, the more blame falls on Yzerman. This team has maxed out under Cooper. His idea of adjusting is blending lines. He can't think the game above an elementary level.
You had me on the 3rd goal bit. Had to recheck the score to remember. Thanks for making me doubt my memory. :laugh:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Team has lost all motivation to work as a unit anymore, it runs completely on individual effort now either by Bish, Drouin, Kuch or Hedman there's no more 5 man unit

Cooper's system is a complete failure or he's lost the room.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Johnson said St. Louis was "one of the smartest players I've ever played with," helping him and Palat accelerate their development. St. Louis would offer tips after every shift, influencing the way they play and think the game today.

"He helped us with our confidence," Palat said. "He'd tell me, 'You're playing with me now, you're first line, we're not going to dump the puck all the time, you've got to make the plays.' "

Someone give Cooper the memo.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Feels like this game was the end of the line for this team and the season. They dominated the first against one of the best teams in the NHL but couldn't score more than one. Then they come out and suck ass for two periods. They had this game in their hands and blew it for the millionth time.

Realistically they are going to win one or maybe two games from the six game road trip. The teams we're chasing have too many games in hand and/or are leading with too many points. I give up. What a **** up this season was.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Team has lost all motivation to work as a unit anymore, it runs completely on individual effort now either by Bish, Drouin, Kuch or Hedman there's no more 5 man unit

Cooper's system is a complete failure or he's lost the room.

Fire cooper?

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I've said it before and I will say it again "entitlement" is the problem with this team. Cooper lives and dies with the same guys regardless of their play. This is mainly the same guys now for much to long, a comfort zone has settled in and Cooper will only afford real opportunity to "his" guys. Blind loyalty to a fault.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Once again we control play in the first, Columbus makes an adjustment for the 2nd and we spend the last 40 minutes getting rolled. Cooper's idea of adjusting is just throwing lines into a blender and hoping an individual effort saves us.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Thought Vasy was fantastic last night.

Do you still have faith in the team's ability to miraculously stop playing ****** hockey at home? Since you said that, we've gone 3-3-1 at home. 7 of a possible 14 points. On top of also going 0-2 on the road during that stretch.

At least now we start the cream puff part of our schedule, starting with a 5 game in 8 day west coast road trip.

There is a very real possibility we are all but mathematically eliminated from a playoff spot by this time next week.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Definitely froze the puck more at least. :)

His control of the puck in general was just a lot better than the past few weeks. It helped us play a more settled game in our own end.

I kind of think the MSL ceremony lulled the Jackets to sleep for the first period. We couldn't finish enough chances, and then the real Jackets showed up about midway through the second.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Do you still have faith in the team's ability to miraculously stop playing ****** hockey at home? Since you said that, we've gone 3-3-1 at home. 7 of a possible 14 points. On top of also going 0-2 on the road during that stretch.

At least now we start the cream puff part of our schedule, starting with a 5 game in 8 day west coast road trip.

There is a very real possibility we are all but mathematically eliminated from a playoff spot by this time next week.

I said if we didn't do well on the 5 game homestand, we were all but done. We didn't do well enough on the homestand. Now we're basically in miracle territory.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Missed it. Was it bad?

tsif.jpg

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Too many injuries all over the ice in order to get any type of rhythm or get on any kind of a roll. Looks like a lost season at this point. Staying healthy is one of the keys to being successful in any league, even with our depth.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
I've said it before and I will say it again "entitlement" is the problem with this team. Cooper lives and dies with the same guys regardless of their play. This is mainly the same guys now for much to long, a comfort zone has settled in and Cooper will only afford real opportunity to "his" guys. Blind loyalty to a fault.

Who do you think isn't getting the opportunity they deserve?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad