GDT: 1/13/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

iwtb*

Can someone tell me what happened out there? Why are we talking about fighters now, I didn't watch the game.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I do worry about our ability to be physical in a 7 game series. We are a pretty small team offensively. Playing against bigger stronger teams in the playoffs could wear on us. I believe this is why we have seen Pittsburgh and other "contenders" fall short and why teams like LA and Boston have thrived. Chicago could go in that column as well. If you think we can get by on our offense and goaltending alone your mistaken. The Lightning are going to have to make some good moves by the trade deadline if we want to go deep in the playoffs.

We need a top 4 defenseman ASAP barbiero has got to go I almost cried when I saw him playing with carle oh please Hedman come back by Thursday!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
not a big deal missing two of the best players in the game losing by one? Our top line looked GOOOD

that is something I took out of this not a downgrade or issue putting pally and kuch with stamkos at all hmmm COOPER lol

anyway we played ok they were the bruins of course i am not worried on their physical play am more worried on lack of shots out working teams like this not the other way around and our defense especially one guy who is just OHHHHH MY GOODNESS blowing dog for sure for a very long time hell all year.

I dont have the solution for sure the d guys out there available? Maybe add some offense but dont see a stud defender and we need an upgrade have all year to a guy who is just crapping the bed so to speak. He hasnt just been bad he has been terrible for about 2-3 months now just unreal that he is playing this badly this year.

Vladdy looked good didnt catch a lot of nesterov honestly but the other lines were not great and that hurt us. But if anyone wondered if palat stamkos and kucherov would work think we have an indication.
Yandle is about the only real defenseman I have heard being out there.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Faire enuff. I realize it is much more sunny in Tampa Bay than Syracuse this time of year but those rose colored glasses some of you are wearing have got to go.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Also we don't need a protector or a fighter. They are very quickly going the way of the dinosaur.

You protect yourselves by performing on the power play. Period. Make the other team literally afraid of taking a penalty against you.

Not to mention there's a difference between scrums and physical play, both of which TB can handle themselves just fine, and fighting and cheap shots.

We need to get Carle off the right side, Barberio back in the press box, a top 4 dman at the deadline or sooner, fix the special teams, and this team will contend.

ive fought my entire life if pacquette had done that to me I would have knocked him on his ass is that simple. I am old school and yes shoulder but was too close to face and he started it like a cross check hand did come away but my short fuse? He woulda gotten hit.

The rest of everything you said I 1 million percent agree we just look at things in fighting differently which I have known before tonight lol. I am one to drop gloves quick haha so old school hockey is more my style:) I am like dino was I will cheap shot your ass haha

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Faire enuff. I realize it is much more sunny in Tampa Bay than Syracuse this time of year but those rose colored glasses some of you are wearing have got to go.

Yeah, look at all the goons on the latest cup winning teams. Like xxx on the Kings, or xxx on the Blackhawks. The only team that had one was the Bruins with Thornton, but he was still a somewhat effective hockey player.

Plenty of teams make runs without goons. The age of the goon is over, and thankfully so. We need good hockey players, not guys whose only job is to throw punches.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Can someone tell me what happened out there? Why are we talking about fighters now, I didn't watch the game.

wasnt much basically three scrums brown did something i missed to krecjk hope that is right spelling and got hit I missed it but heard he got hit for that.

Someone hit someone boarded our team not sure who or what pacquette stood up and told chara to tone down and pushed him but stick was high enough that chara belted pac man and knocked him down and highlights are on main board is kinda funny honestly.

Pac was doing his job though so was the right thing to do at end of game chara was harrassing pac again during the 6-5 and they started locked up refs stopped it no biggie.

Not much to see or discuss honestly.

Bruins played their hockey we played well but not great and lost when probably a couple things luck on our side reverses this game. carle was a friggin train wreck again dont know how many that is ive seen this year 20 - 25 ??? 30 jeeez just hes playing like crap bishop wasnt good.

Top line of stamkos kucherov palat showed real flashes of greatness vladdy looked good drouin had 2 great shots but rask being rask stoned him:( was a good game for us could have been better.

For the first time since can remember I thought we were gonna come back on the bruins they always get us and is usually ugly and not close I really thought this was going to OT at the end.

So to me good game move on to next had some life though some good things some glaring issues still we need to fix but felt solid about this one.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
ive fought my entire life if pacquette had done that to me I would have knocked him on his ass is that simple. I am old school and yes shoulder but was too close to face and he started it like a cross check hand did come away but my short fuse? He woulda gotten hit.

The rest of everything you said I 1 million percent agree we just look at things in fighting differently which I have known before tonight lol. I am one to drop gloves quick haha so old school hockey is more my style:) I am like dino was I will cheap shot your ass haha

See this is where I miss steve dowine because late in the game chara started back up with him and no lightning player came to his aid which does not surprise me.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
While I still hate the Bruins with the intensity of 1000 burning suns, you don't challenge Chara. I get that he's getting in your hair, pretty bad and you want to stick up for yourself, but it can only end in pain. His arms are longer than trees, and you're definitely going to get tagged.

This x1000. I get that he's trying to send a statement by taking on the biggest guy on the other team but you just don't **** with Chara, part of the reason Boston can do what they do on the ice is because Chara is their leader, they know that they can do ****, Chara will come to their defense and nobody is going to mess with him.

Remember when Lecavalier tried to fight Chara? And he was a lot bigger and stronger than Paquette is.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
This x1000. I get that he's trying to send a statement by taking on the biggest guy on the other team but you just don't **** with Chara, part of the reason Boston can do what they do on the ice is because Chara is their leader, they know that they can do ****, Chara will come to their defense and nobody is going to mess with him.

Remember when Lecavalier tried to fight Chara? And he was a lot bigger and stronger than Paquette is.

hey man pac might have screws loose but that boy has STONES TO GO haha I am officially in love with pac man after this game hes a nutty little guy

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

We had guys in 2011 that could mess with chara malone could even little dowine got in his face as did vinny. If gudas was in this game I'm sure he would have been in charas face big time.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
Help. I am stuck in an airport and want to watch game. I have my mac with me is there a way to stream game without paying 100 dollars?

I am not sure if the NHL will block this, but I live abroad and this is what I use (its free- though you have to put up with some garbage ads initially):

http://www.drakulastream.eu/index.html

Wiziwig shut their doors due to some new legislation in spain. Might re-open at some point.

Cheers

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Also we don't need a protector or a fighter. They are very quickly going the way of the dinosaur.

You protect yourselves by performing on the power play. Period. Make the other team literally afraid of taking a penalty against you.

Not to mention there's a difference between scrums and physical play, both of which TB can handle themselves just fine, and fighting and cheap shots.

We need to get Carle off the right side, Barberio back in the press box, a top 4 dman at the deadline or sooner, fix the special teams, and this team will contend.

Well said. On all points. Carle is very... temperamental. If he is in anything other than his correctly slotted position, he blows dog.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
I think the game was nothing more than "chippy." Can't figure out if I should respect Paquette or shake my head and laugh at him. Nothing really irked me about the way the Bruin's played. Their commentators, on the other hand, were next-level unprofessional tonight. It's the first time I've actually heard name-calling by a broadcaster.

Boston announcers are the classless of the classless regarding NHL broadcasting- and it goes beyond just homerism. At times, I think Jack Edwards actually hopes for an opposition player to get hurt. He is the leader of the pack of jackass clown announcers in the NHL. In philly we have Jim Jackson (homer, but not horrible play by play), Keith Jones (color) and Bundy in-between-the glass. At least two former players there.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I was watching this game on demand and stopped after the fourth Bruins goal. Looks like it was a good decision.

Matt Carle getting walked by a 18 year old rookie playing his eight NHL game. Bishop played that badly too but Carle just doesn't fill a need anymore on this team. He isn't consistent enough with his offense to be an offensive guy and we have enough of those in our lineup anyway. He sure as hell can't be relied on defensively either. He also isn't a physical guy. He's just there to piss us off every few games. If Yzerman can somehow find a taker for him and make a deal for a top 4 d-man I will kiss the ground beneath his feet.

On the positive note, Stamkos seems to be heating up. Get the special teams working and I like our chances.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stamkos is 2nd in goals, wtf seriously it doesn't even feel like he's had much of an impact at all this year.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Besides his two goals I didn't really like how Stamkos played with Palat & Kuch, he tried too much by himself & I wouldn't be surprised if he was the player with most turnovers last night.
Stralman hasn't been very reliable lately, must get back on track asap, without him playing well we're in big trouble.
Nesterov with another fine game, one bad pinch aside, his shot is very good.
You can add "playmaker" to Palat's resume, 2nd or 3rd game in a row he creates scoring chances just with his ice-vision. Kid's starting to surpass the player he was in the second part of last year. What a player.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Besides his two goals I didn't really like how Stamkos played with Palat & Kuch, he tried too much by himself & I wouldn't be surprised if he was the player with most turnovers last night.
Stralman hasn't been very reliable lately, must get back on track asap, without him playing well we're in big trouble.
Nesterov with another fine game, one bad pinch aside, his shot is very good.
You can add "playmaker" to Palat's resume, 2nd or 3rd game in a row he creates scoring chances just with his ice-vision. Kid's starting to surpass the player he was in the second part of last year. What a player.

Stamkos turned it over like 2 times trying to enter the zone in the final minutes, how can this guy not get past a single a defender on the blueline with his skillset.

DangleDoppler

Jul 14, 2009
I just wanted to go on record and state that what Paquette did, did not merit a cheap shot to the face.

Sure Chara is big and bad, but hitting someone in the face with your stick in your hand is something we'd expect from Kaleta, Neil, or Cooke...It's not something the biggest person in the league does.

It was cheap and dirty. There was nothing "OK" with that.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I just wanted to go on record and state that what Paquette did, did not merit a cheap shot to the face.

Sure Chara is big and bad, but hitting someone in the face with your stick in your hand is something
we'd expect from Kaleta, Neil, or Cooke...It's not something the biggest person in the league does.

It was cheap and dirty. There was nothing "OK" with that.

They both had their sticks in hand and Chara didn't have his stick in the hand he hit Paquette with, I'm not sure what Paquette thought Chara was going to do after he hit him first? Skate away? Not very smart imo.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We didn't lose because we lost a couple of scrums. We lost because both Carle and Bish weren't sharp and because of bad luck on Stralman's own-goal. And we lost because our PP is freaking inept. Why did we make it to game 7 of the ECF in 2011? Because our PP was red hot. We lost game 7 because the refs miraculously decided to call no penalties all game. Going 0/5 with guys like Stamkos, Kucherov, Callahan, Filppula, Palat, Drouin or Garrison on the ice is inexcusable. Going 0/5 and giving up quality SH breakaways is even worse.

Fix the PP and we'll win games like this - even without our most physical player and two of our best players on the back-end of back-to-back games.

Also, Pastrnak was dominant all game. Gotta give him credit.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We didn't lose because we lost a couple of scrums. We lost because both Carle and Bish weren't sharp and because of bad luck on Stralman's own-goal. And we lost because our PP is freaking inept. Why did we make it to game 7 of the ECF in 2011? Because our PP was red hot. We lost game 7 because the refs miraculously decided to call no penalties all game. Going 0/5 with guys like Stamkos, Kucherov, Callahan, Filppula, Palat, Drouin or Garrison on the ice is inexcusable. Going 0/5 and giving up quality SH breakaways is even worse.

Fix the PP and we'll win games like this - even without two of our best players and our most physical player on the back-end of back-to-back games.

Also, Pastrnak was dominant all game.

I remember how conservative teams had to be because they were scared of our PP, and this was in the ****ing playoffs too, that's how you keep teams in check and make them play the skill game instead of gooning it up. Too bad our PP sucks that nobody cares to give us a PP or 10.

Wasn't Adam Oates the offensive assistent coach that year? Isn't he unemployed right now? Why does our PP guy still have a job?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad