GDT: 1/13/14 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Columbus

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Columbus seems to be one of the teams that know how to beat us. Just forecheck this **** out of us and you're going to win. I'm not surprised we lost on a late goal with Lindbäck in net but I'm not blaming this one on him. Seemed to me atleast it was deflected in front of the net. Not sure though. And how about that horrible play by Crombeen before the goal? I was happy with the way he played before that but after that **** up, I hope he's scratched again tomorrow.

We really didn't even deserve to win this game. We played horrible for 40 minutes and like we've seen many times this season, 20 minutes of hard play won't get you points in this league.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Okay, you can't say "it's Lindback's fault we lost". But I think we can say "it's Lindback's fault we didn't pull out an OT/Win". None of those goals were really top-flight scoring chances. They weren't softies exactly, but they wouldn't have required huge saves to keep out, either.

God, I'm just so happy Bishop is back.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Yeah. We can't hang the loss on Lindy. That's not to say he played great. He played like Lindback. He made some big saves and at the end of the night let up 3 goals. I've stopped caring how they go in.

That said, the team lost this game as a team. Other than 2-3 shifts, Marty was invisible. Flip was invisible. Kucherov is still getting blocked from any serious PP duty. Hedman had some hiccups in the third.

Great second period. Bad game by nearly all involved.

I don't always agree with you DFC, but this post is spot on. It was a team lost tonight because the team played like **** in the 1st and 3rd periods. Not an acceptable performance from multiple players tonight.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
You arent going to win games when you give up 6-7 powerplays. absolutely ridiculous. We deserved this loss. I swear its like the team decides to play like a bunch of idiots when Lindbacks in net. He didnt play well, but he didnt get much help all night. Just a crappy game.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
You arent going to win games when you give up 6-7 powerplays. absolutely ridiculous. We deserved this loss. I swear its like the team decides to play like a bunch of idiots when Lindbacks in net. He didnt play well, but he didnt get much help all night. Just a crappy game.

To be fair, like 3-4 of those penalties were VERY questionable.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

That's probably not a coincidence. I sincerely doubt they're playing with a lot of confidence when every decision they make could register as a minus in their +/- rating.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
To be fair, like 3-4 of those penalties were VERY questionable.

More than questionable. That Cote penalty looked like an absolutely routine play. Sustr cross-checked a guy, apparently, and yet the guy's body didn't even seem to register it. Even Hedman's penalty was at least questionable since he did nothing to actually obstruct the skating or the shot. It's like refs see a guy on a breakaway and automatically give the trailing defenseman a penalty if he tries to, you know, meagerly defend.

And then Gudas gets chopped in the face.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
Teddy without a doubt is nowhere near as good as he was last season but he really hasn't been horrible, he has his points and isn't that bad defensively.
To inconsistent for my liking

I just don't see much chemistry on the Killer-Filp-Purcell line. They pass it around too much without generating good shots. Purcell being Filp's winger is definitely not as efficient as him with Vinny or Stammer.

Palat-Johnson-St.Lous
Kucherov-Filppula-Brown (solid mix of speed and skill)
Killorn-Thompson-Purcell
Malone-Pyatt-Crombeen
Panik

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
These kinds of games happen though. It's not like the Lightning have been consistently putting up poor efforts, so there's not a lot to be worried about. I'm not blaming this loss on Lindback, but until he can inspire confidence again, which he's a long way away from, I still hope we find a better option to back up Bish. The one thing that remains consistent, with that being the theme of this post, is how little confidence any of us have in him.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Keep in mind this is a tough road stretch. Teams will just be flat sometimes. It has to be contained to one game on the road trip however.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I just don't see much chemistry on the Killer-Filp-Purcell line. They pass it around too much without generating good shots. Purcell being Filp's winger is definitely not as efficient as him with Vinny or Stammer.

Palat-Johnson-St.Louis
Kucherov-Filppula-Brown (solid mix of speed and skill)
Killorn-Thompson-Purcell
Malone-Pyatt-Crombeen
Panik
I agree and I'd like to see those lines in action.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
These kinds of games happen though. It's not like the Lightning have been consistently putting up poor efforts, so there's not a lot to be worried about. I'm not blaming this loss on Lindback, but until he can inspire confidence again, which he's a long way away from, I still hope we find a better option to back up Bish. The one thing that remains consistent, with that being the theme of this post, is how little confidence any of us have in him.

I have confidence in him still. You mentioned poor effort and I agree to an extent that the effort has been there but we seem to be having one bad period a game since Lindback came in. The PK has been poor the past 5 games with us giving up 8 on 21 oppertunities. Yes you need your goalie to be your best PKer but your playing with fire giving a team 4 chances a game. We've been only 3 for 15 over that time which isn't helping.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
After watching the video, coach Jon Cooper said he determined the first four minutes of that game "was as bad of hockey as we've played all year. It got a little better, but that's only because it got so bad it made bad look good, if that makes any sense."

Asked how it was addressed, Cooper said, "It was addressed with emotion."

Two topics were on the front burner: Tampa Bay's penalty kill, which allowed two goals in the third period Monday in a 3-2 loss to the Blue Jackets, and the way the Lightning started the first period against Columbus.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/light...es-addressed-with-emotion-cooper-says/2160953

Well, I was really hoping he'd address the ****ing god forsaken POWER PLAY

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't follow Panik much, but I'm just curious, when is the last time he played? I know he has been benched for some time. Pitty

Two, three games ago? He's been in and out of the lineup for about a month, I think.

He had a stretch of games some time ago where he was actually looking good. He had a lot of swagger to his game. It was a short stretch though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad