GDT: 1/13/14 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Columbus

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
There was two sticks in front and one of them got it, it wasn't a clean wrister that beat him. Sure maybe he could've got a piece of it but we gave that game away with a **** 3rd period.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
When your team gives them a layup 10 seconds earlier, I'm sympathetic to the goaltender. Skaters were horrible in the last 4 minutes.

Yep, Lindback was bad but our team was just as bad in the dying moments of the 3rd period. Hedman with a really bad 3rd period. If that last goal was tipped, it was definitely by Hedman's man.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Reffing was bad, but it's not like we were shorthanded the whole time. We should have walked away with at least a point. Lindback lets in a soft wrister from the point to completely deflate the team. I'm pretty okay with blaming this one on him. Reminiscent of the Pitt game where he let in that unscreened floater from the point.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
we had our chances we really sucked in the third period and most of the first. lindback played ok he was screened on the goals he never saw puck or guessed wrong.

Very bad loss all in all cause we are a lot better and faster then they are. Need to win these types of games.

See you all tomorrow and hope for a bounce back game. At least I can say to self this is not one of those games we absolutely deserved to win takes 60 minutes of good hockey not 20.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
I don't even care if I sound like I'm whining but that was the most one sided refereed game I have ever seen. Also I hope to see one day what everyone else does in Teddy Purcell.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
When your team gives them a layup 10 seconds earlier, I'm sympathetic to the goaltender. Skaters were horrible in the last 4 minutes.

Definitely a horrible team effort but Lindback is not great at stopping shots that come from far out. He doesn't track the puck well and doesn't get big in the net.

Still he did make some great saves but the team in front of him really only had a good 15 minutes of play in the 2nd period.

CaliBuck

Nov 15, 2008
Pickerington, OH
we had our chances we really sucked in the third period and most of the first. lindback played ok he was screened on the goals he never saw puck or guessed wrong.

Very bad loss all in all cause we are a lot better and faster then they are. Need to win these types of games.

See you all tomorrow and hope for a bounce back game. At least I can say to self this is not one of those games we absolutely deserved to win takes 60 minutes of good hockey not 20.

Columbus isn't that bad.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Questionable goal but Lindy has made some great saves this game. The biggest issue was our team play. We were so flat 1st and 3rd periods. Defense was crap too. We did not deserve a win here.

Yeah. We can't hang the loss on Lindy. That's not to say he played great. He played like Lindback. He made some big saves and at the end of the night let up 3 goals. I've stopped caring how they go in.

That said, the team lost this game as a team. Other than 2-3 shifts, Marty was invisible. Flip was invisible. Kucherov is still getting blocked from any serious PP duty. Hedman had some hiccups in the third.

Great second period. Bad game by nearly all involved.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I don't even care if I sound like I'm whining but that was the most one sided refereed game I have ever seen. Also I hope to see one day what everyone else does in Teddy Purcell.

Teddy without a doubt is nowhere near as good as he was last season but he really hasn't been horrible, he has his points and isn't that bad defensively.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Its not just that we sucked or had an off night, its becoming a real issue facing a young and/or very fast team. We struggle with Montreal, who can be fast, we struggle with Columbus, basically if you have one or two lines that can move well you're going to have a chance against us.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
There was two sticks in front and one of them got it, it wasn't a clean wrister that beat him. Sure maybe he could've got a piece of it but we gave that game away with a **** 3rd period.

I'm with you on this one. Wasn't really Lindy's fault for the loss tonight. ****** reffing and a piss poor PP killed us, along with lack of effort in the 1st and 3rd. This is what happens when we underestimate teams. Columbus isn't really horrible, but still. Tampa is better.

A team like this shouldn't lose to teams like Edmonton and Columbus. No more underestimating. It will get you beaten.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
No way is this being blamed on Lindback. Team barely shows up to play, you don't go blaming the goaltender. No, he didn't steal the game and maybe he should have saved some shots, but the team didn't play great either. They lost as a team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Is there anyone left that sees something in him?

newham89

Feb 11, 2010
Nottingham, UK
How pathetic, Lindback needs to go. He rarely gives us a chance to win. Yet again he's the difference.

Not sure I was watching the same game as you there. Last goal looked like it got a deflection right in front (softie if it wasnt deflected) and the other two he was completely screened.

The difference was a weak 1st, weak 3rd and too many penalties.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Its not just that we sucked or had an off night, its becoming a real issue facing a young and/or very fast team. We struggle with Montreal, who can be fast, we struggle with Columbus, basically if you have one or two lines that can move well you're going to have a chance against us.

Edmonton.

We tend to beat teams with speed. When teams have an answer for that, we're usually in trouble. Or when they just beat us around (Boston).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad