GDT: 1/10/2014, the visiting John Tavares Islanders take on your Colorado Avalanche

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's a bit strange to recall Stollery and not Hunwick unless they deem it very unlikely that Barrie will miss the game.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I thought it was a pretty lackluster game to attend. Not a whole lot was happening in the first two periods, and even the third was kind of meh.

I don't think I noticed Vanek at all tonight.

Mitchell needs to stay on the bottom 2 lines for good. He's not a good sub in the top 6. He's only decent when he's the guy on his line who can carry the puck because his linemates suck.

Holden and Sarich were awful all night. Barrie basically made Roy's point from yesterday or today in that his decision making is going to be the key to his play. I thought he made a poor decision on the OT goal. Holden was ahead of him, and Landy behind him. I think you have to play it safe there, especially at the end of your shift in overtime.

Duchene and MacKinnon just don't belong together.

I wonder if they aren't recalling a forward because ROR will play tomorrow. I saw him hanging out by where the ice girls come out in the 1st and 2nd periods. He was in shorts and a hat, probably was doing off-ice stuff.

Cliche has no offensive ability whatsoever. It's really depressing when he has the puck because you know nothing is going to happen.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Or drunk. :laugh:

But yeah I had to look and read it a few times to figure out what he meant.

It'd be funny if Dater started trolling Roy like he trolls on Twitter.

Actually I've surprisingly done ok the few times I've decided to post something here after drinking. I remember one time I came back from the bar and decided to make some long winded multi paragraph post on something, trying to articulate a lot of different points at like 4am after I had been drinking whiskey all night.

I woke up the next morning thinking, "oh my god I am probably getting wrecked on HF right now with all the typos and just general drunken nonsense I probably made last night." I logged into HF and my post was fine. I actually thought I made my point pretty well and there were no typos at all. I was flabergasted. :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I thought it was a pretty lackluster game to attend. Not a whole lot was happening in the first two periods, and even the third was kind of meh.

Mitchell needs to stay on the bottom 2 lines for good. He's not a good sub in the top 6. He's only decent when he's the guy on his line who can carry the puck because his linemates suck.

Holden and Sarich were awful all night. Barrie basically made Roy's point from yesterday or today in that his decision making is going to be the key to his play. I thought he made a poor decision on the OT goal. Holden was ahead of him, and Landy behind him. I think you have to play it safe there, especially at the end of your shift in overtime.

I wonder if they aren't recalling a forward because ROR will play tomorrow. I saw him hanging out by where the ice girls come out in the 1st and 2nd periods. He was in shorts and a hat, probably was doing off-ice stuff.

Cliche has no offensive ability whatsoever. It's really depressing when he has the puck because you know nothing is going to happen.

Really? Watching the stream I thought it was a pretty good chess match tight game the first period, and then it really picked up in the second half with a lot of good chances, and hard fought battles and smart plays. One of the most entertaining games I'd seen all year, and it was all set up to be a great win. The ending was kind of a let down though. Maybe you would have walked away with a different feeling if Nate had come up with another big goal in OT.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nailed it!

@mikechambers: Nate Guenin not going on #Avs trip. He's in a boot. D Karl Stollery to replace Tyson Barrie if he can't go. Ryan O'Reilly likely back Sat

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Duncan's out with an injury too. Would have liked to see how he fared against NHLers, though I haven't watched him enough to know if he looked ready or not.

Can you imagine if they decided to sign Clark and call him up?

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Team is also missing a ton of depth up front and some on the back end as well. And since the farm team is banged up to hell, no real help there. We have Johnny ****ing Malkin playing scoring line winger, think about that.

If you'd have told me we'd have gotten 10 of 14 before the home stand, I'd have been okay with that.

The home stand doesn't just "look" nice, it was good. Not great, but good. Sure wish they hadn't **** the bed against Calgary.
Considering we are putting guys out that are suspect, I'm thrilled with the ten points. Tonight we played ok against a hot team. I was freaking when I saw Holden on a PP...? What
I must be crazy but Holden?
It looked crazy with 3 and 4 th lines for each team, like two totally different games compared to the top lines. We are still putting points up with pap Ror and tangs missing.
On D I'm not sure what to say, barie and Holden out scares me....
And bods actually had scoring chances tonight, what if he was a little more Ryan Smith and less Scott Parker?
So duchy was fine, just cannot okay without support. Madmac was flying and had great goal. Dvdg looked ok, McLeod was ok, talbot keeps playing tough minutes but again wishing he was a little more agile.
Well, I guess mini will test us.. Hope we can score some goals.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Im really disappointed in McLeods play this year. He just does nothing at all. Doesnt cause any havoc in front of goal, loses a surprising amount of puck battles, and has absolutely stone hands.

His only redeeming quality is that hes not bad on the PK. But for what were paying him we need more.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Im really disappointed in McLeods play this year. He just does nothing at all. Doesnt cause any havoc in front of goal, loses a surprising amount of puck battles, and has absolutely stone hands.

His only redeeming quality is that hes not bad on the PK. But for what were paying him we need more.
He's been tentative since being suspended 2 extra games for hitting a red wing...it hasn't proved productive

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
So they'll put Guenin on IR then? Might as well, he hasn't played in a week anyway.

Wonder what Lake Erie will do, Beaupre got hurt tonight.

Good call.

Colorado Avalanche ‏@Avalanche 4m
The Avalanche has recalled Karl Stollery from @monstershockey and has placed Nate Guenin on IR, retroactive to Jan. 4.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
We are 6th place in the league. Never thought I'd be saying that at the midway point of the season.

Love it.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I'm honestly quite satisfied with three points from the last two games considering the lineup we have iced.

Dallas lost too.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
Also Stollery should be stoked for his first NHL game and an extra $6,500

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith

Just got home from the game and I agree with everything you wrote. Cliche and Mitchell need to be on the 4th line together, no offensive instincts whatsoever.

Neither team could find any flow until late in the game.

Oh, and Nate MacKinnon is ridiculously fast live. :nod::nod:

btw- was VDG injured, he didn't play in the 3rd, which is too bad because he a Malone played well together.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Watched that last goal 3 times now on the DVR and still can't see the fault in either Stastny and Holden. Both covered their men. Grabner was Landy's guy and he didn't get out on him

Not even his fault either, Grabner is the fastest skater in the league and just beat him. I don't blame Donovan for getting beat by Mackinnon either.

Good game, at times I thought it was fast and both sides had chances and other teams both teams had nice shutdown D.

Was fun to see the Avs play, my brother is a big fan and got his dream scenario, Islander win in OT so that way the Avs get a point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad