GDT: 1/10/2014, the visiting John Tavares Islanders take on your Colorado Avalanche

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
When: 7PM
Where: Pepsi Center, or your TV on Altitude Sports
Why: Because the NHL says so

Your Avs are finishing a long 7 game home stand, which has seen them go 4-1-1. Not too bad, if you ask me. The Islanders are chewing up the league, going 7-3 in their last 10 games, including wins against Chicago and Boston. John Tavares has gone mid-evil on the league recently, accumulating 14 points in his last 5 games.

In Wednesday's thrilling and quite honestly confusing game against the Ottawa Senators, the Avs jumped out early, scoring a PP goal from Jamie "ping" McGinn 2 minutes in, and a slapshot goal from Jan "Arnold" Hejda just 2 minutes later. The Sens would slow the Avs down and cut the lead with a goal from Clark "he is on my fantasy team" MacArthur. The 2nd period would prove to be a disaster with quick goals by the Sens from Jason "I can't believe the Islanders traded him for Yashin" Spezza and Kyle "he got out of Phoenix" Turris. The Avs would get the best of them though, with a late 3rd period goal from Paul "Bozak and a 2nd" Stastny and an overtime sniper from Tyson "the experiment" Barrie.

Lineups: Unconfirmed
Avs
McGinn|Duchene|Mackinnon
Landeskog|Stastny|Mitchell
McLeod|Talbot|Cliche
Bordeleau|Malone|Van Der Gulik

Hejda|Johnson
Holden|Barrie
Benoit|Sarich

Varlamov|hopefully not Giguere

Islanders

place holder|Tavares|place holder

Go Avs Go

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I like the Isles forward group and have been watching some of their games after the Vanek trade (which will be terrible if Vanek walks).

Their goalies are terrible though and our top lines better rip them a new one.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I have a feeling Tavares is going to run rampant through our defense.

Lets just hope our forwards can do the same to theirs.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I hope Bords is not playing tonight...
My line up
MadMakkinnon Staz LAndy
McG Duchy Talbot
DVDG MicHOLE McL
Malone Chliche Holden?

last games D ... minus holden lol
add ??? bring up someone? dress one of our coaches???

lol
anyway Im going to the game tonight if my health allows it...
If we win thats 11 points and we all should be grateful for this homestand

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Hopefully Duchene can get back on the board tonight! I really want a win tonight.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I like the Isles forward group and have been watching some of their games after the Vanek trade (which will be terrible if Vanek walks).

Their goalies are terrible though and our top lines better rip them a new one.

Hopefully Griffin Reinhart will be good to go for them next year and they're not stupid enough to let MacDonald walk. If they ARE stupid enough to let MacDonald walk, I hope the Avs pounce immediately. He'd be a fantastic addition.

I think Snow has done a terrible job this year. Made the Vanek trade and then did nothing to address the team's biggest need--goaltending and defense. And if the rumors are true and he offered up Nino Niederreiter for Cory Schneider and then just dealt him to Minny for Clutterbuck when that deal fell through, then...:facepalm:

Vanek will likely walk. Thankfully for the Isles, they can give up either this year's or next year's first rounder. But they better be careful not to be a lottery team in 2015. Don't want to miss out on Connor McDavid.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I have a feeling Tavares is going to run rampant through our defense.

Lets just hope our forwards can do the same to theirs.

We've got to line match heavily against Tavares tonight. If we can keep Landy/Staz/Hejda/EJ on him tonight then we might be ok.

We have to be disciplined about taking penalties against a top heavy team like this.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Hopefully Griffin Reinhart will be good to go for them next year and they're not stupid enough to let MacDonald walk. If they ARE stupid enough to let MacDonald walk, I hope the Avs pounce immediately. He'd be a fantastic addition.

I think Snow has done a terrible job this year. Made the Vanek trade and then did nothing to address the team's biggest need--goaltending and defense. And if the rumors are true and he offered up Nino Niederreiter for Cory Schneider and then just dealt him to Minny for Clutterbuck when that deal fell through, then...:facepalm:

Vanek will likely walk. Thankfully for the Isles, they can give up either this year's or next year's first rounder. But they better be careful not to be a lottery team in 2015. Don't want to miss out on Connor McDavid.

I wouldn't mind if they just left MacDonald here.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Taveres is a god, Duchene is a bum. Taveres with a double hat trick for the Islanders win.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
I hope Bords is not playing tonight...
My line up
MadMakkinnon Staz LAndy
McG Duchy Talbot
DVDG MicHOLE McL
Malone Chliche Holden?

I would like to see Bordy sit a night but we do not have anyone left to fill in due to injuries.

Also, I was not a fan of Talbot on the Duchene and McGinn line. That line did not seem to possess the puck very well. Duchene needs someone with better hands than those two who can also carry the puck. McGinn is good there to clean up rebounds and create some space.

I'd like to see:

Landy Staz Mitchell (I didn't think Mitchell was as bad as others did)
McGinn Duchene MacKinnon
Malone DVG Talbot
McCloud Cliche Bordy

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I would like to see Bordy sit a night but we do not have anyone left to fill in due to injuries.

Also, I was not a fan of Talbot on the Duchene and McGinn line. That line did not seem to possess the puck very well. Duchene needs someone with better hands than those two who can also carry the puck. McGinn is good there to clean up rebounds and create some space.

I'd like to see:

Landy Staz Mitchell (I didn't think Mitchell was as bad as others did)
McGinn Duchene MacKinnon
Malone DVG Talbot
McCloud Cliche Bordy

Swap Mitchell and Talbot pls... Talbot is pretty good defensively and may play well with Landy and Staz on the shut down line. Thats what I want to see...

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
EJ-Hejda pair is going to have their fill, playing against arguably the hottest line right now. We should be able to score, Isles D and goalie are quite bad. Me thinks we are going to have a high scoring game here.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
EJ-Hejda pair is going to have their fill, playing against arguably the hottest line right now. We should be able to score, Isles D and goalie are quite bad. Me thinks we are going to have a high scoring game here.

Not if Varly has anything to say about that :yo:

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
We really need to get some bodies back. We're basically icing two fourth lines at the moment.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
What do you guys mean their goaltending is terrible?

Their GDT says their goalie for tonight has a save percentage of almost 900%!

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Yeah.
And most of the time games that are predicted to be high scoring turn into goalless affairs.

Islanders win in OT/SO 1 - 0 is my guess.

They have been hot on the road lately (7 - 3 - 1 over the last 10 while being 5 - 1 on the road) and we are just a tad too injured for my liking.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Calgary hadn't scored for a long time before playing us, lets not forget that backups and bad goalies (Dubnyk) turn into the second coming of Hasek against us. The record coming in doesn't mean much.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Swap Mitchell and Talbot pls... Talbot is pretty good defensively and may play well with Landy and Staz on the shut down line. Thats what I want to see...

I would be real down for that. Has Talbot had any time with Landy/Staz?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Marc Moser ‏@RadioMoser 26s
Coach Roy says no O'Reilly tonight, but may go tomorrow in Minny if he feels good after contact in the morn.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
My bet is that Staz shuts down Tavares very well but a bunch of complimentary players will score goals and beat us. 1 goal from 1st line, 2 from 2nd, 2 from 3rd and 1 from 4th.

6-3 Isles.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1