Post-Game Talk: #1 - 10/04/18 | predators @ RANGERS | 7:30 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The fundamental difference last season with Namestnikov in Tampa wasn't the quality of his linemates. He played a lot with players of similar quality in the 2 seasons before. The difference last year was that he spent the entire time in Tampa on a single line. No shuffling around. To me, that says more about his need for stability than his need to play with high quality players.

For me, Namestnikov looks like a player who needs to figure out who he is at the NHL level.

In Tampa last season it was somewhat easy for him to be "the other guy", but that's a pretty rare situation and not likely to be duplicated other places.

Prior to that he was a 10-15 goal, 25-35 point player. Unfortunately, away from his role last season, that's still the player he seems to be.

Reactions: pld459666

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
There is nothing wrong about thinking that the refs had a bad game which ended up favoring one of the teams. That is not at all saying they are biased and are intentionally helping one team. The refs are not infallible. They were poor yesterday and it hurt the Rangers. It could easily be exactly the opposite tomorrow.
The next time this board says that the refs helped the Rangers after the game, be sure and let me know.

There will be 50+ games where people here post that the refs hurt the Rangers. There might be one where it's the opposite, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Sticky Fingers

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Oh, bull****. I never said they're always against my team, that would be stupid. But on a game by game basis that could easily be the case. And this game they cost us the game. They missed a blatant high stick that turned into the (for all intents and purposes) GWG. They also robbed us of two other PPs.

Edit: Even on a game by game basis I don't think they're against the Rangers but the reffing was lopsided THIS game. Don't lecture me based on strawmans.

You have said it many times before, so give it a rest.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You have said it many times before, so give it a rest.

This game and I'm sure others had refs blow calls that hurt the Rangers' chances of winning. That's completely different than the nonsense that you said about how I think that the refs always have it out for the Rangers. I didn't even say that the refs did it on purpose and I don't say it every game.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The problem is that you just mentioned the AV system. You are saying Buch is one of our best players, yes? I mean your bias — regardless of what is said — is clearly seen through your moniker.
If Buch is NOT playing his best game, you are going to reward him based off his merit as *potentially* being top 6?
Quinn is going to go off a sample size. That is all he has to go off of. He has practice, preseason, and game 1. That’s it. So perhaps - up to that moment - Buch didn’t deserve to be out there.

Or Quinn is just AV’s sock puppet when AV’s shadow management group left the camera yet still wield an iron fist over Pavel and subsequently his father/agent/agent+father @Pavel Buchnevich

Reactions: Rangerfans

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Man I’m rewatching the game namestnikov got knocked down even more than I remembered. He looked like a 14 year old out there. Did this guy put any work into himself this summer or did he just pout the whole time?

I really want this guy blown out. And the temper tantrum last night? He’s gotta be kidding me. I hope Beleskey takes his spot soon as he’s healthy.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Man I’m rewatching the game namestnikov got knocked down even more than I remembered. He looked like a 14 year old out there. Did this guy put any work into himself this summer or did he just pout the whole time?

I really want this guy blown out. And the temper tantrum last night? He’s gotta be kidding me. I hope Beleskey takes his spot soon as he’s healthy.

I still think the Namestnikov has talent , but he just isn’t finding his niche here.

He’s probably a player whose a 1b in good synergy, and kinda whack without it.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
@Tawnos you are so close to being woke af (sorry, @Inferno ) right now. Just one more step, you have this. What is the general commonality between teams who end up picking 3rd overall? You got this. I know you have this.
(Makes complex calculations, filling an entire chalkboard. Mixes chemicals, prints out data sheets) the one great commonality iiiis....they're all NHL franchises.

Boom goes the dynamite. f***ing solved it. Wrap it up folks, time to go home

Reactions: Rangerfans

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It’ll be a miracle if we’re not slinging yo mamma jokes by Christmas.

I need to make sure the wine fridge is stocked.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
DING DING DING!

giphy.gif

Bad teams pick 3OA. Bad teams are bad because they are run poorly. Bad teams are run poorly because they are bad. Each draft tends to have a "consensus" top 1 or 2 picks. The 3rd overall pick is likely less obvious. Teams may lean on their own internal opinions too hard. But these are bad teams that are run poorly. So sometimes, you'll get a player who isn't that good, but ends up playing a lot of NHL games because he was picked 3OA.

An interesting item to take a look at is going to past drafts, and looking at the success of players taken early in the 2nd round. Where the player pool is less obvious, but the poorly run teams are picking there.
I promise that this was the unspoken implication of my thoughts. Bad teams ignore the warts at 3 OA bc they're tantalized by the talent or production. That same poor scouting seeps into later rounds so even when an edm is handed 1 OA on a platter they f*** the rest of the draft AND free agency so they never escape the quagmire. But I feel like there's no way to convince anyone that I was implying this without it looking like I'm just jealous I didn't get praised as woke as f***. So f*** me, right? Forever slept

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Who gave Quinn sass?

They said something like, "That's what I'm telling you, I can't get through" Quinn paused, clearly contemplating how bad it would look on camera if he immediately strangled him with stick tape

Quitter talk. Bag skate his ass until I get tired

Walter t

Mar 12, 2018
I think that they held on a year too long. But at least they were not stubborn about it.
I keep thinking about how they traded Ottawa's 2nd rounder (about 33OA) for Smith and then re-signed him. If they hadn't done that we'd be in much better shape.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Who gave Quinn sass?

They said something like, "That's what I'm telling you, I can't get through" Quinn paused, clearly contemplating how bad it would look on camera if he immediately strangled him with stick tape

Quitter talk. Bag skate his ass until I get tired

That was Lettieri

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
The next time this board says that the refs helped the Rangers after the game, be sure and let me know.

There will be 50+ games where people here post that the refs hurt the Rangers. There might be one where it's the opposite, but I doubt it.

A bunch of times it will make sense to call that out. This was not that time

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Namesticov needs to play with high level players, some guys are like that. If they wanna maximize his value they will put him with Zuc and Hayes and leave him there for a while and see what happens, 2 passers and a shooter in Namesticov should get him out of his funk. Hes not as good as he was in tampa, but hes not this bad either. They need to figure him out or hes a depreciating asset.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Namesticov needs to play with high level players, some guys are like that. If they wanna maximize his value they will put him with Zuc and Hayes and leave him there for a while and see what happens, 2 passers and a shooter in Namesticov should get him out of his funk. Hes not as good as he was in tampa, but hes not this bad either. They need to figure him out or hes a depreciating asset.
Namestnikov-Hayes-Lettieri

Reactions: Ori

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Who did he play with the preseason? Cuz I dont' recall him looking that good there either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad