Toronto
4374772.jpg

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Also, this:

That was the correct call, although the penalty wasn't warranted imo.

There's a massive difference between that one and the call today. One came off of a net mouth scramble, the other one was off a long distance shot. The net mouth scramble factor greatly influences how the refs will call it.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
That was the correct call, although the penalty wasn't warranted imo.

There's a massive difference between that one and the call today. One came off of a net mouth scramble, the other one was off a long distance shot. The net mouth scramble factor greatly influences how the refs will call it.

Vanek had his stick under Andersen's arm; he couldn't use his glove hand to make that save; that's impeding. If you think the Kadri one is a correct call, fine, but you can't honestly think at the same time that Vanek didn't impede Andersen because he did far more than Kadri did.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Vanek had his stick under Andersen's arm; he couldn't use his glove hand to make that save; that's impeding. If you think the Kadri one is a correct call, fine, but you can't honestly think at the same time that Vanek didn't impede Andersen because he did far more than Kadri did.

The point I was making was that you simply cannot compare the two plays.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007

Misread your post earlier. I agree, can't compare all the circumstances surrounding it, but impeding is still impeding when they're not being pushed into the goalie. I'd have no problem with this being a goal, if there was more consistency with other rulings. The refs are human and they make mistakes, but it's really annoying as a fan, it's been really bad this year.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
For some reason I thought St. Louis had the outdoor game this year. Is this game played in Toronto or Detroit? And is it on a race track?

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
For some reason I thought St. Louis had the outdoor game this year. Is this game played in Toronto or Detroit? And is it on a race track?

There are 2

Chicago @ St. Louis is tomorrow which is the Winter Classic
This game was Detroit @ Toronto at (BMO Field) Exhibition Stadium.

Bettman wants 3 next year.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario

Misread your post earlier. I agree, can't compare all the circumstances surrounding it, but impeding is still impeding when they're not being pushed into the goalie. I'd have no problem with this being a goal, if there was more consistency with other rulings. The refs are human and they make mistakes, but it's really annoying as a fan, it's been really bad this year.

If the NHL is making these calls based off of circumstance in the game, then that's a problem and not right.

The rule is simple: Did the player impede the goaltender from making the save? The video I linked to Kadri vs SJ, and also the play against Luongo earlier this week, both instances had no bearing on the goaltender making an attempt.

Today's game was the exact opposite, and the goal was allowed. I think, mostly because a last second game tying goal is good value for the NHL. Which is ****ing ridiculous.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
All of you cut the crap.

If someone violates a rule use the report button. Don't flame or bash the mods. We rely on reports so do yourselves a favor and use them.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
The Capitals scored 6 goals yesterday and now they're getting shutout by Condon. Hockey is weird.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
I like how they have a Toronto Marlies story in the intermission of a Senators game.

Hey look, the Leafs have more fans than any team out there. They're just presenting what their viewership wants to see. There's bound to be a ton of Leaf fans just casually watching this Sens game and Hometown Hockey in general, so why not give them a feature on their AHL team? Who wants to actually focus on the game or the Canadian team playing at the time when Toronto fans need their AHL piece!? ;)

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Ottawa and their shake your hand around ever time they get stick checked is obnoxious. Literally the most unnatural reaction and their entire team does it and referees buy it everytime.

Like who shakes their hand if it just got hurt by a whack? Not anyone outside a hockey game and an entire team in the NHL does the same lame thing to draw phantom calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad