GDT: 1/1/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Could go either way on the goalie interference, I think they would've called it a 'no goal' if they reviewed it upstairs, thank God (Matthews) we still came away with the 2 points.

Need to ship JVR out for some defensive help

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I'm not absolving the Leafs of blowing that lead.. Like, wow.

But I'm fully convinced the NHL flips a coin to decide goalie interference. Kadri grazed Luongo earlier in the week to have a goal pulled back. Using that as a precedent, how can that late Detroit goal count?

Makes the score about 30-1 now on goalie interference calls involving Detroit. Finally got one to go the right way.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Stupid NHL.com said the game was over at 4-3 so I missed overtime. Their website is completely unreliable.

Geki

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
I don`t need to, you made a post saying it was only Leafs fans that thought it was goalie interference. I only need to find 1 to prove you wrong. I found 2.

The pettiness meter just pegged the needle. You're the top detective on the force! Take the rest of the night off!

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
I'm not absolving the Leafs of blowing that lead.. Like, wow.

But I'm fully convinced the NHL flips a coin to decide goalie interference. Kadri grazed Luongo earlier in the week to have a goal pulled back. Using that as a precedent, how can that late Detroit goal count?
I watched the game. Kadri skates came into contact with Luongo's glove preventing him from making the same. That was a clear GI call. This one was much more debatable but I would have given that a goal.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
NHL refs will never call anything that late in the game. I bet it's a no goal if same play happened in the middle of the game.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Was the attacking player in the crease unnecessarily?
Did the attacking player on his own prevent the goalie from making the save?

If the answer to BOTH questions is "no", then it is not GI. In order for it to be GI, only one of the questions has to be answered as "yes".

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I watched the game. Kadri skates came into contact with Luongo's glove preventing him from making the same. That was a clear GI call. This one was much more debatable but I would have given that a goal.

I thought it was his blocker. Maybe you didn't watch close enough.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Fun game to watch. I was surprised Blashill started the 3rd string goalie, but I think he did win last game. So Mrazek gets his cheese next game.

I am really excited about that Mantha kid, he is so much fun to watch. Mantha had 3 point night and has 9 points his last 6 games (I think). Kid is a freaking stud. He was the best player on the ice tonight.

Can anyone confirm 9 points in 6 games?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Fun game to watch. I was surprised Blashill started the 3rd string goalie, but I think he did win last game. So Mrazek gets his cheese next game.

I am really excited about that Mantha kid, he is so much fun to watch. Mantha had 3 point night and has 9 points his last 6 games (I think). Kid is a freaking stud. He was the best player on the ice tonight.

Can anyone confirm 9 points in 6 games?

Confirmed, 9 points in 6 games, also a point streak.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Was the attacking player in the crease unnecessarily?
Did the attacking player on his own prevent the goalie from making the save?

If the answer to BOTH questions is "no", then it is not GI. In order for it to be GI, only one of the questions has to be answered as "yes".

I don't think anyone has a problem with that. It's just the inconsistency of the calls that irk people, especially when they happen to go against you.

Mad Brills*

They still choked their lead, so that point still stands.

I doubt people will talk about the 4-1 blown lead when this game gets talked about in the future, but ok.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
This is the best pregame with Tara, Ron and Don that I've ever seen. Seeing the military up close and her shooting the equipment was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad